DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Anyone ever try Alientech signal booster on a Mavic Air?

hockeypop98

Reactions
I came across this video of a mavic air with an alientech signal booster (supposedly) traveling 6000 meters out with no problems. Do these boosters really work? If so, is there an additional drain on flight time due to power need? I'd like to get a but more range if I could, not 6000 meters, but maye 50-75% further than I get now.

Reactions: cguntz1
Yes they really work. The units are self-powered. I have one on my MPP and it has full signal out to 2-3 miles. Tested one time in remote AZ desert to 4+ miles... turned around due to battery. Signal strength is rated 13dBi. Quick detach of antennae$300 well spent. The model for the M2P has both frequencies.
Note that the price for the distance is the need to have the controller antenna face the are raft as the beam is more focused and that payment to receive time is about 4-5 weeks. They have details and graphics on the website and multiple different units:

Reactions: hockeypop98
Yes they really work. The units are self-powered. I have one on my MPP and it has full signal out to 2-3 miles. Tested one time in remote AZ desert to 4+ miles... turned around due to battery. Signal strength is rated 13dBi. Quick detach of antennae$300 well spent. The model for the M2P has both frequencies.
Note that the price for the distance is the need to have the controller antenna face the are raft as the beam is more focused and that payment to receive time is about 4-5 weeks. They have details and graphics on the website and multiple different units:

He’s asking about a booster antenna for the Mavic Air, not MPP or M2P! Very different..

He’s asking about a booster antenna for the Mavic Air, not MPP or M2P! Very different..
Understand, I read his text also.
Not really so different as all the device does is focus and amplify the signal produced by the DJI controller. I was vouching for the company and it’s claims. Sorry if this was misunderstood.
Just to be certain everyone is happy here’s a thread from this forum with a purchaser’s posts:
Plenty of video and info directly related to this product for an MA.

Last edited:
Reactions: Cptrman
Understand, I read his text also.
Not really so different as all the device does is focus and amplify the signal produced by the DJI controller. I was vouching for the company and it’s claims. Sorry if this was misunderstood.
Just to be certain everyone is happy here’s a thread from this forum with a purchaser’s posts:
Plenty of video and info directly related to this product for an MA.

Thanks, this helps a bunch!

Thanks Jon, I'll put it on my list of things to buy!??

why cant all be unitized into one and then purchased? that way bypass teardown butterfingers assemblage? dont get me wrong, id love a unitized non-take-apart (phonescreen included)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan