DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Anyone Find a m4-0.7 screw with a DRing Head for mounting lanyard on the Smart Controller

I got my screws at Lowes...you have to look for them...but they have them

Hi guys I got another idea I am trying, there is a special screw used for the mudguard of classic bikes that if you trow away the nut and the washer it may be good for our purpose. See the picture I am including. Most of them I have found are 5mm diameter but one bike store told me that he has seen with 4mm. No idea on the pitch if it is .7 but investigating on it.

Bike mudguard screw specs.png
So we could end up with something like this where to attach the lanyard depending on the size of the hooks.

s-l500.jpg

Hi guys I got another idea I am trying, there is a special screw used for the mudguard of classic bikes that if you trow away the nut and the washer it may be good for our purpose. See the picture I am including. Most of them I have found are 5mm diameter but one bike store told me that he has seen with 4mm. No idea on the pitch if it is .7 but investigating on it.

View attachment 62865
So we could end up with something like this where to attach the lanyard depending on the size of the hooks.

View attachment 62866
Where can I source these? Please share the link :)

Where can I source these? Please share the link :)

Here is a link as an example, but mostly so far I find only with 5 mm diameter for the screw, still searching or looking for 4 mm, it has to be somewhere. For sure you can buy them from aliexpress but a lot of the suppliers require minimum 1000 units. Search for 4mm eye bolt

Here is a link with an example, but once again is not the correct diameter:
https://www.amazon.de/Générique-S21...50582850&sr=8-1&keywords=bike+mudguard+screws

I have seen several solutions on amazon for attaching lanyards to the smart controller, but all of them use a giant fixed ring or post to attach the lanyard to. For most storage solutions these would have to be removed because of their size.

Ideally the solution would be a screw with a d-ring head like we often see as a photo accessories - however most of these are with different threading.

In one of the intros we see one crafted from screws and small picture frame triangle mounts - but the ideal solution is a black d-ring headed screw which fits the threads.

Does anyone know of one which works and can share the listing?

I found something that solves it all! This is a whole lanyard with the screws attached:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07MY3N45N/ref=ppx_od_dt_b_asin_title_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

This fits perfectly, and allows me to wear the Smart Controller around my neck, and adjust the height. It doesn't cut into my neck either. Very handy!
Jim in Colorado

Reactions: big shasta

This item would be perfect, but I tried very hard, but can not find M4 (0.7) by 10 or less versions. So I ended up with M4 pan-head screws and "picture hanger" screw-down D-rings. That works great and is better for me as it does not interfere as much (adding width) when I store it in the fly-more back with the M2.

I found something that solves it all! This is a whole lanyard with the screws attached:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07MY3N45N/ref=ppx_od_dt_b_asin_title_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

This fits perfectly, and allows me to wear the Smart Controller around my neck, and adjust the height. It doesn't cut into my neck either. Very handy!
Jim in Colorado
I’m going to mention that on this package, the eyebolts that came with the lanyard are some of the sloppiest fitting screws I’ve ever seen. I would not trust them to hold a 600.00 controller. Correct me if I’m wrong.

Reactions: RogerMav
I’m going to mention that on this package, the eyebolts that came with the lanyard are some of the sloppiest fitting screws I’ve ever seen. I would not trust them to hold a 600.00 controller. Correct me if I’m wrong.

What Starz is indicating is correct, those screws are not a perfect match to M4 or 4mm diameter. They are close but not exact and could lead to a problem some day.

Amazon sells a nice solution for the controller that solves the problem. Cost is $10 US and includes all the necessary parts. Here is the link:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07MY3N45N/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Just so everyone knows. I purchased this “kit” and I’m totally disappointed with the eyebolts that they send. One of the worst fitting screws I’ve seen anywhere. That’s why I made my own. If anyone thinks they are made well, I have some oceanfront property in Yuma Arizona I can make you a deal on.

Reactions: ff22 and RogerMav
Just so everyone knows. I purchased this “kit” and I’m totally disappointed with the eyebolts that they send. One of the worst fitting screws I’ve seen anywhere. That’s why I made my own. If anyone thinks they are made well, I have some oceanfront property in Yuma Arizona I can make you a deal on.
Totally agree. Screw fits but is not correct diameter. Eyebolt also way to big in my opinion.

Reactions: ff22
You also need a M4 x 7mm long screw. I also use the fly more soft case strap as the lanyard.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20191110-110145_eBay.jpg
    Screenshot_20191110-110145_eBay.jpg
    427 KB · Views: 29
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PetefromNZ