DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Anyone flown near Paphos Cyprus?

twickers14

Reactions
Off to beautiful Paphos shortly and have registered myself with Civil Aviation Cyprus and fully noted their UAV rules and regs. I know there is controlled airspace around the airport and also aware of Akrotiri RAF base but any thoughts on places to fly or avoid gratefully received.

Hello,
There are a couple of shipwrecks in Paphos area which are lovely for droning. Also check the sea caves area. Overall just avoid the 8km radius of the international airport. Other than that you can fly practically anywhere. See below my night shot from Paphos port.
Have a nice time!
dji_fly_20230807_181204_808_1691432198074_photo.jpg

I live in Paphos, apart from the airport and military bases you can fly just about anywhere. There are some great spots to fly including churches, cliffs, empty beaches especially over the Akamas. A few shipwrecks, St George's Island (watch out for SEAGULLS). If you're an early riser drive up into the hills as the mist and fog sit lower so you can get some awesome shots. Have a great trip

Reactions: twickers14
Hello,
There are a couple of shipwrecks in Paphos area which are lovely for droning. Also check the sea caves area. Overall just avoid the 8km radius of the international airport. Other than that you can fly practically anywhere. See below my night shot from Paphos port.
Have a nice time!
View attachment 167878
A beautiful shot and I am jealous. Was that point and shoot or are you a professional amateur? Thanks for your thoughts and will be aware if and when I fly.

I live in Paphos, apart from the airport and military bases you can fly just about anywhere. There are some great spots to fly including churches, cliffs, empty beaches especially over the Akamas. A few shipwrecks, St George's Island (watch out for SEAGULLS). If you're an early riser drive up into the hills as the mist and fog sit lower so you can get some awesome shots. Have a great trip
Will do, we are so looking forward to getting back to the Island. I shall be birding with an old pal from Paphos so with that and some droning my hols are sorted! Thanks for the heads up.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnny760