DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Anyone in Arizona

I am in Phoenix and go all over the state to fly. Let me know if you want to join us sometimes. Usually they are day trips though because we travel off road to find places.

Cool, I have a jeep and in the west valley. I just might fit in LOL

That's great we will most likely be going to Mountain View Park 2 in Phoenix N. 7th Ave on Sunday.We try to go there on most Sundays just to practice our mountain rescue flying skills and it is all {G} Golf airspace and they allow drones. Here is a link from last weekend, it is long and uncut but it will give some Idea how much flying room it is available {
} If you can make it, you can email me directly address below with a phone number and we can coordinate.times.I fly my Mavice their all the time just for fun.

Dan S.
[email protected]

That's great we will most likely be going to Mountain View Park 2 in Phoenix N. 7th Ave on Sunday.We try to go there on most Sundays just to practice our mountain rescue flying skills and it is all {G} Golf airspace and they allow drones. Here is a link from last weekend, it is long and uncut but it will give some Idea how much flying room it is available {
} If you can make it, you can email me directly address below with a phone number and we can coordinate.times.I fly my Mavice their all the time just for fun.

Dan S.
[email protected]

Dan, what time you planning to go over there?

Dan S.
[email protected]
Looks like a great place to fly, worth a drive up from Tucson area. Any special rules there, or can you show up and fly? Thanks

HI Everyone,
Just got, and practicing with, my mavic pro and would love to meet up with others in the valley. I'm at Elliott & 10 but drive all over so distance doesn't matter. Also have a good vehicle for offroad if there are any off the beaten paths that are worthwhile to get to. Let's maybe plan a meet up in the near future if that works. Cheers

Reactions: KiloGolf7

Dan S.
[email protected]

Excellent spot to get in some stick time! Gonna have to check this one out some time....

Well the drone chaser blew a head gasket last weekend but if you want to go to a sweet spot let me know, I plan to go sunday.

Sorry I got really busy this weekend but my drone wont be here until Monday, I will be out of town for two weeks but after that I should be a go

HI Everyone,
Just got, and practicing with, my mavic pro and would love to meet up with others in the valley. I'm at Elliott & 10 but drive all over so distance doesn't matter. Also have a good vehicle for offroad if there are any off the beaten paths that are worthwhile to get to. Let's maybe plan a meet up in the near future if that works. Cheers

Hey bud, I will send you a PM..

My parents came over to visit (-25C in Europe...) so I took them to a couple scenic spots around Phoenix, I figured I'd make a video out of it...

The Jeep tracking shots were all shot with ActiveTrack and it actually did pretty well, it even adjusted flight altitude to keep somewhat constant relative distance from the car.. but then it freaked out one time and just flew past us, still not something I would be 100% comfortable doing without keeping the drone under constant supervision..

Last edited:
Very nice vid @Plawa ... I hope the parental figures enjoyed the views just as much. Thumbswayup

Reactions: Plawa
I live in Bullhead City, I will look at all the posts to see if anyone is relatively close

Larry

Are you still active out here in BHC? Just got a Mavic Pro a month ago and wondered who else was around close to Bullhead.

Mike

A neighbor and I are all I know about. He built one and has a couple of other baby drones. he is tending towards the Air. We are up behind the Mavrick station on the parkway.

Larry

A neighbor and I are all I know about. He built one and has a couple of other baby drones. he is tending towards the Air. We are up behind the Mavrick station on the parkway.
I am at the south end of parkway off 95, border of BHC/Ft Mohave, not far from Target. Walking distance from me is the nature preserve on the Colorado River, where I have been flying. Also have flown at Rotary Park, all the way back by the dog parks on the river. Still getting used to "flying" the mavic after years of R/C fixed wing experience (giant scale). I don't know why but flying this little Mavic Pro still has me more nervous than flying one of my much-larger, and dangerous, planes.

Mike

My parents came over to visit (-25C in Europe...) so I took them to a couple scenic spots around Phoenix, I figured I'd make a video out of it...

The Jeep tracking shots were all shot with ActiveTrack and it actually did pretty well, it even adjusted flight altitude to keep somewhat constant relative distance from the car.. but then it freaked out one time and just flew past us, still not something I would be 100% comfortable doing without keeping the drone under constant supervision..

Are you using any filters? Looks like you had fun !

I am at the south end of parkway off 95, border of BHC/Ft Mohave, not far from Target. Walking distance from me is the nature preserve on the Colorado River, where I have been flying. Also have flown at Rotary Park, all the way back by the dog parks on the river. Still getting used to "flying" the mavic after years of R/C fixed wing experience (giant scale). I don't know why but flying this little Mavic Pro still has me more nervous than flying one of my much-larger, and dangerous, planes.

Mike
Funny, ive never flown anything and as soon as I get my Mavic on the ground im so nervous im shaking HAHA

Are you using any filters? Looks like you had fun !

Sure did.. I pretty much keep an ND16 CPL on the camera all the time, I probably should have taken it off for the "Montana Mtn" section as it was pretty cloudy so my shutter speed was getting pretty low. The Bloody Basin shots came out perfect, i tried to align the CPL to give me the best results for that environment.. I've given up on shooting DLog/Cinelike, I just keep it on Normal, fixed WB, bump saturation a bit in post and that's it..

Saturation up 30% on the whole video and brightness adjustments on a couple clips that came out underexposed (mostly because I got the EV compensation wrong when shooting..)

Mike
@Tinmania

Hi Mike...

I'm going exactly the opposite direction. Had been flying the Mavic Pro coming up on a year now, and started going into the fixed wing flying. I find the MP's RC much easier then learning the sticks on the fixed wings. Just now getting more confident on my landings. Keep at it and your nerves will get calmer over time. That's not to say they'll go away all together, but it will get easier. ;)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Htrismegistus