DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Anyone in Arizona

Coming to Sedona today from San Antonio. It sounds
Like the area is pretty anti drone. Any suggestions on places to fly and anyone going to be flying in the area?

In Sedona I fly at Cultural Park and at the end of the trail that runs behind Sugarloaf. It has a nice flat launch area and a wonderful view of Coffee Pot. If you can find the Tea Cup trail you will be in the right area. It's a quiet spot with few hikers.

I complete a flight plan online via the Sedona airport website. There are a lot of helicopter tours but in general they are flying over 400 feet but you should keep your eyes on the sky. Some trail heads have 'no drone' signs, some don't. I always avoid areas where people are hiking.

Reactions: KiloGolf7
Hey Phoenix area guys,
Who would be interested to get together one day in a field and socialize/fly and swap tips and advice. I am thinking January after we all recovered from the holiday season?

I would like to get a few drone flyers together, I live in N. Scottsdale I (107 Pilot ) I know of some really great flying areas we go to
let me know.

I’m in GILBERT off Chandler heights and Higley. I’m in a class D neighborhood and only really have flown my mavic air over Seville golf course. I’m looking forward to meeting other drone pilots and learning how to fly this guy.

I would like to get a few drone flyers together, I live in N. Scottsdale I (107 Pilot ) I know of some really great flying areas we go to
let me know.
I'm looking for new places to fly contact me when you’re going to go. I live in Casa Grande but willing to drive.

We may be heading up to New River this Sunday, you can fly there with absolutely no issues,You can fly for miles and not see anything but cactus and mountains. They use the trail head for hiking, horse back riding,of road vehicles. It also has covered picnic area that nobody ever uses. It is the trail head on old New River rd. It is called Black Canyon Trail @ Rio Vista Az. The trail crosses over New River road, You can’t miss it.

33 degrees 52 minutes 50 seconds North
112 degrees 10 minutes 48 seconds West.

Or you can find it on Google Earth

I'm surprised you didn't post this morse code ;)

Here's the location of those coordinates - Google Maps

But from CG you might be better off staying on the south side of PHX, this is a great location on Florence Kelvin hwy with some amazing boulders - you will need a high clearance vehicle to go all the way to this spot or you can just park at the last turnoff and fly the last couple hundred yards

Google Maps

Last edited:
I'm surprised you didn't post this morse code ;)

Here's the location of those coordinates - Google Maps

But from CG you might be better off staying on the south side of PHX, this is a great location on Florence Kelvin hwy with some amazing boulders - you will need a high clearance vehicle to go all the way to this spot or you can just park at the last turnoff and fly the last couple hundred yards

Google Maps
I would have used Morse code but no one uses it much anymore, except us old fixed wing commercial pilots to identify VOR stations

I am in Chandler off of Riggs/Lindsay. I typically fly at Basha HS or one of the nearby farmers fields.

I am in Phoenix but drive all over az to fly. If anyone ever wants to join my son and I, we usually fly outside of town in mountain ranges that you have to drive through the desert for. We have a vehicle that can handle most desert roads so if anyone wants to come along, let us know.

I am in Chandler off of Riggs/Lindsay. I typically fly at Basha HS or one of the nearby farmers fields.

I am in Phoenix and go all over the state to fly. Let me know if you want to join us sometimes. Usually they are day trips though because we travel off road to find places.

I'm in Catalina, north of Tucson, South of Florence... always happy to travel for good scenery and meet new flyers.

mel

I visited San tan regional park yesterday, drone flying is banned so I parked on the side of the road and flew my drone outside of the park. I’d like to fly over water sometime soon. Thinking about visiting the canyon lake area/superstition mountains.

I have a mavic Air. I’ve never flown it with another drone. Have you flown near canyon lake?

I have a mavic Air. I’ve never flown it with another drone. Have you flown near canyon lake?

Sometimes I fly with my dad, but we have never made it to Canyon lake so far. It is pretty easy to fly together.

I've been out to Canyon Lake... on an early mornin' sunrise.There's a couple places to pull off along the way and get some nice shots even. Worth the drive... ;)

Last edited:
let me know.

I would be interested in meeting up with you, I just started research on 107 studies and will have my MPP by this Monday. I live west valley but no big deal for travel
duane

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada