Anyone in the Tampa Area lose a Cine see ebay

Status
Not open for further replies.

DJW43

Premium Pilot
Reactions
someone found a cine, posted on ebay, if its yours ask dji to lock it

ebay link

No. Mine was not a cine version and I am in Tallahassee FL about 4.5 hours away.

Ah that's right. Good. I was getting angry that somebody would find it and try to sell it. : )

Also if somebody tries to buy a drone that was claimed as flyaway or stolen, DJI can put a BAN to the drone serial number and gimbal number not allowing it to be activated. can @DDS confirm this?

Per DJI. I just ask the question in the chat.

1.jpg

Is it legal to sell something that was lost by another person?

Is it legal to sell something that was lost by another person?
Technically if you can not find the owner I guess in their mind you can do whatever you want but in this case, there is nothing the person that buys the item can do. This is why in the description they say they don't even try to contact the warranty because they probably tried already and DJI is not going to do anything to help them other than ask to return the drone to DJI.

Expensive Mavic 3 Cine quad considering you still need to pay for refresh and buy the accessories for it. Also, who is to say you'll get it back from DJI if the serial is blacklisted.

Also, a flyaway will cost an $800 deductible in case of the regular Mavic 3.

"I am selling for a friend."

LOL. Sure you are. That's not sketchy at all. 😂
Also, he lies saying he doesn't know too much about drones. If you check his selling history he has plenty of stuff from drones on sale in the past. He knows what he is doing.

Also, he lies saying he doesn't know too much about drones. If you check his selling history he has plenty of stuff from drones on sale in the past. He knows what he is doing.
Yeah, that is a fishy post. It's either a recovered flyaway, or outright stolen.

Actually he said "I don’t know much about it or the drone in general.". I'm not defending the guy but he meant that specific drone.
Definately looks like if someone buys it they will find out it will be locked unfortunately.

Reactions: zeusfl
I thought a batch of drones came up missing around the holiday's....100,000 worth.....I am guessing, if they are Mavic 3 Cine....(4,999 each).....20 drones.

Actually he said "I don’t know much about it or the drone in general.". I'm not defending the guy but he meant that specific drone.
Definately looks like if someone buys it they will find out it will be locked unfortunately.

On the other hand, the seller has had an ebay account since 2004 and has 421 reviews with a 100% positive rating.

The $2999 buy-it-now price for a damaged drone without controller or other accessories is absurd. Amazon lists the basic drone for $2199.

Something is definitely odd. It might be interesting to ask him to share the serial number.

You can buy a drone only from DJI for $1795 if I am not mistaken. They normally do not sell the drone-like that but the support team can give you a link to purchase the drone only if you request it.

Looks like the Seller wised up and took the Auction down..
"This listing was ended by the seller because there was an error in the listing".

• Haha
Reactions: zeusfl
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gfusato