DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Anyone not having Mavic Pro issues?

I'm dropping signal now on virtually every flight. It only lasts for a few seconds, and while the camera feed looks like it's gone crazy, the drone is stopped and stable. I have no idea of the cause, and it's a common report among MP pilots. Any confirmed solution ( as opposed to good intentioned suggestions) would be welcome. We didn't have this problem for first year or more of using the MP.

Hi all I own a mavic platinum and a Spark. I hardly ever used the mavic and like one quote at a cost of £900 that's a lot to see a drone fly away or crash. I use mine for video and photos.

My Sparky is a great drone and at 1080 videos it does a great job. I got this drone pilot vest let me know your views on this regards Irvine (Portsmouth UK)
You don't say what issues you have had but had mine for 2 years and on my second one ( first I trashed my own fault )
and now have the M2P and love them both .

No issues with my MP as of now other than I like flying my 2 better .
Welcome to the forum.
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .

0rojyyg-png.95983
1549126400317.jpeg

Slade here. Received a Holy Stone drone for Christmas and discovered I love flying a drone. My dream drone is the DJI Mavic Pro, but I’m wary of dropping $850-$1000 only to have “issues.” Are there Mavic Pro owners who haven’t had problems? Thank you.

Welcome aboard. I have 53 hours and over 200 flights. Never a crash and no real problems. Mostly a miss understanding of what is in the manual. This forum has your answer. Im always amazed with what it can do. I plan on going to a MP2 next. I hope it will be as trouble free as the pro has been. Real the manual many times over.

Slade here. Received a Holy Stone drone for Christmas and discovered I love flying a drone. My dream drone is the DJI Mavic Pro, but I’m wary of dropping $850-$1000 only to have “issues.” Are there Mavic Pro owners who haven’t had problems? Thank you.
Simply have not had issues with my MP1. Only issue was to push it hard in sport mode which created a battery overload. Otherwise, it's a dream to fly and gets me some really superb video. Stills may not be the best, but then I'm comparing it to my Nikon D810 at high resolution. Welcome to the forum. Enjoy.

People go right to forums when they have a problem because it connects you to thousands of other people that may have the same problem. Unfortunately it makes it look like everyone is having problems. Search Duramax or Powerstroke forums and it’ll look like those are the worst made engines in history. I have had my Mavic Pro Platinum for 5 months now. I bought it used and had only flown a friend’s MP one time before. My MPP is so much fun to fly that half of the time I don’t film anything, I just throw it in sport mode and fly close enough to watch it. I’ve used mine to find property lines in a dispute with my neighbor, locate sea turtles for my kids at the beach in Hawaii, help a friend get some footage for a hunting video, and a ton of other fun stuff. Have had absolutely no problems and it was the best $850 I’ve ever spent on a toy. Now I’m looking for an electric mountain bike in hopes that I enjoy it as much as my MPP.

I have had the original mavic pro since the day it released w/ 0 problems. I now have a mavic 2 pro along w/ the OG Mavic Pro and so far everything has been golden there too. Both are great, reliable birds. It’s easy to forget that although you may see 20-30 complaints or problems on a forum or whatever, about 70% are pilot error and there are still hundreds of thousands of mavics in use w/ no problems. If for some reason it is a malfunction of the aircraft, DJI is pretty good about fixing the problem as long as there is supplied evidence (which is easy cuz the aircraft logs all its flight data) I hear.

I have had my Mavic Pro for about three months now and I love flying it. The easiest drone to fly in comparison to a Holy Stone which I also have. A great drone to begin with when considering to spend the money.

I have had the original mavic pro since the day it released w/ 0 problems. I now have a mavic 2 pro along w/ the OG Mavic Pro and so far everything has been golden there too. Both are great, reliable birds. It’s easy to forget that although you may see 20-30 complaints or problems on a forum or whatever, about 70% are pilot error and there are still hundreds of thousands of mavics in use w/ no problems. If for some reason it is a malfunction of the aircraft, DJI is pretty good about fixing the problem as long as there is supplied evidence (which is easy cuz the aircraft logs all its flight data) I hear.

"It’s easy to forget that although you may see 20-30 complaints or problems on a forum or whatever, about 99% are pilot error"

Fixed!Thumbswayup

"It’s easy to forget that although you may see 20-30 complaints or problems on a forum or whatever, about 99% are pilot error"

Fixed!Thumbswayup

Lol. I was trying to be polite but yes! Most incidents I read I’m thinking “you shouldn’t have done that”.

Reactions: tleedom
No issues with my Phantom 1, two Phantom 2s, two Mavic Pros, nor any issues with Mavic Air. Of course, I'm particularly wild with all the updates and occasional issues, but I suppose that's the price of poker. The more you study, learn from others mistakes, the more you practice and fly conservatively... the luckier you get:cool:

Have you looked into the Mavic Air. Less expensive and with quite a few advantages over the MP. Only down sides are several db louder and less flight time.

Only problems I have had, all operator errors.

i am going to say this quietly in case my MP is looking, (no problem with my MP had it since the day they came out 2 years ago) that's good my MP did not see what I typed, can I suggest you read the manual then read it again, get all the important points in your head.

A lot of flyers are so keen to get flying they start up and away they go, let the MP go up to its starting position and wait until you hear it say home point recorded then away you go and the return to home button will work.

I've had two Mavic Pro's and one Mavic 2 Zoom. All three are excellent drones - no glitches whatsoever. If it would help your buying decision to see videos made with the Mavic 2 Zoom and the Mavic Pro, I post links to all of mine on this web page:
Links to my Mavic 2 drone videos

The Mavic 2 is a great drone, but you can find an excellent Mavic Pro for half the price on eBay. Happy flying!

I have a Mavic 2 Pro. Been flying it for a couple of months now. No problems.

More than 280 km of flight with Platinum... no problems at all. Learn wave propagation, check list, weather...
Mavic Pro really rocks !

Reactions: tleedom

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucent6408d