DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Anyone not having Mavic Pro issues?

I have had my Mavic Pro for 15 months now, first drone. I love it!
The only minor problems I had where due to pilot errors (dirt in the gimbal and an unfortunate crash with a cable!).
My advise would be to start following the rules, checklists and manual. Be careful go slow and always in line of sight, until you really know your bird. There are tons of tutorials and trainings on the web you can follow.
Happy flying.

Mavic Pro is a brilliant piece of kit, when your old and grey sitting in your rocking chair reminiscing you'll be thinking "They don't make'm like they used to".

Not too experienced with my recent purchase - mavic pro but had so much problems with other "dumb" drones before and also my previous phantom 2 that after I have bought MP I feel its bulletproof comparing to all other I owned before.

I'm in the Bosnia and amount of money I paid for is enormous for me but I really feel that it worth it (I can afford bread and water for the lunch since then) :D

Good luck with the decision.

Last edited:
Slade here. Received a Holy Stone drone for Christmas and discovered I love flying a drone. My dream drone is the DJI Mavic Pro, but I’m wary of dropping $850-$1000 only to have “issues.” Are there Mavic Pro owners who haven’t had problems? Thank you.
I bought the Mavic 2 Pro before Christmas and have flown it a number of times with no problems. Recently I have flown it in -11°C temperatures and the battery lasted for 20 minutes +. Fantastic image and video quality.

Slade here. Received a Holy Stone drone for Christmas and discovered I love flying a drone. My dream drone is the DJI Mavic Pro, but I’m wary of dropping $850-$1000 only to have “issues.” Are there Mavic Pro owners who haven’t had problems? Thank you.
No issues here I bought mine on Craigslist flymore combo.I am 100% satisfied no problems whatsoever.

i hope you are getting the idea that these drones are much better than the negative posts would have you believe this is a great hobby hope you take it up

Mine is about 8 months old. I haven’t had any serious problems. The first time my iPhone lost connection I about crapped my pants but the rc stayed connected so I was okay.

RTFM. Read the f***ing manual.

Also read this forum email of Yesterday’s New Posts religiously. Others will give you many lessons on what not to do. Almost every lost drone, fly-away, crash is pilot error and by reading the posts you can avoid their mistakes.

I'm an R/C Flyer mostly, and have only flown small RTF Quads with NO experience in First Person View. It took me six months of "general stalking" of various drones before buying my Mavic 2 Pro in November.

In my world, the price is still pretty substantial, and with the money involved, my progress has been extremely slow (or might appear so to those with minds that accept new stuff more easily), but it's been a LOT of fun. I gradually increased the range, and have practiced with my R/C buds at videoing or photographing their models.

So far, I've logged 87 flights, with a total of 10 hours and 54 minutes. There have been NO issues that were not connected to my own learning curve, and I get a little more confident each time I send the thing out.

For the past several years, my aerial video and photography has come from key fob cameras and GoPros attached to model planes. It's a real luxury for me not having to drag out a bunch of support gear to launch the Mavic, and I'm REALLY looking forward to our flying season starting up.

I'm totally happy with the Mavic, and my plan at this point is to purchase the Zoom as a companion/back-up to the Pro.

Just my take on it.

Kim

Purchased MPP Fly More Package and 4th battery 7 months ago. Downloaded all available DJI Manuals, put em in iBooks , read and re-read till fully understood and watched all applicable YouTube videos. Have well over 300 flights and Zero problems.
My sister bought the same package and I have been having fun teaching her to fly her problem-free bird also.
Looking forward to Mavic 3, or whatever they'll call it, but I will never sell my MPP. Too much fun.

Had the Mavic pro for about a year with zero problems. Bought the Mavic 2 Pro after selling the Pro and have had it about two months or so, maybe three and zero issues apart from a few disconnects. Buy it and fly it. Let's hope you don't get one that has any issues.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Olga