DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Anyone not having Mavic Pro issues?

Am probably one of the first ones to own the Mavic Pro and there had been no problems whatsoever - just made sure that the flying conditions are good before taking off and have a pre-flight routine in place. Its when you take unnecessary risks that the drone (oh...I really HATE that word!!!) develops "issues". Having said that I have managed to fly the Pro to a distance of nearly 9.8 kms (to and fro over water!) without any modifications - that, I must admit, was a BIG risk! Practice makes perfect. I believe there is no bad aircraft, just bad operators...unless you are really, really unlucky and received a dud Mavic Pro out of the box!!!
Thinking about buying a mp this summer can you tell me if I can use my Samsung tablet either than a phone.

Thinking about buying a mp this summer can you tell me if I can use my Samsung tablet either than a phone.
There is a huge list of appropriate and good and excellent phones or tablets, somewhere on this forum in the archives. Wish I could point you to it. The iPhones and tablets always seemed to give less problems though, with the old Mavic Pro. How bright is your tablet, hopefully at least 500 NITS?

I agree entirely that that Mavic Pro is an excellent drone. I've owned two of them (I've also had a Mavic 2 Zoom), and I don't think you can do better for the money. There are a lot of used Mavic Pro's for sale on eBay for right around $600. I have no "issues" whatsoever with the MP.

There is a huge list of appropriate and good and excellent phones or tablets, somewhere on this forum in the archives. Wish I could point you to it. The iPhones and tablets always seemed to give less problems though, with the old Mavic Pro. How bright is your tablet, hopefully at least 500 NITS?
It is bright it's only 3 months old

Well everything to owners seems bright. I thought my iPhone 6 was bright until I was on a mountain in the Alps of Austria a few summers back, and I could not even see the screen. Then I got the SC and THAT was bright, my iPhone was dark in comparison. So it depends on how many NITS the screen is, also everything looks bright indoors or on cloudy days, it is when you are in a bright area in mid day sun on a cloudless day, that all those NITS make a difference.

I have the M2P now but had a MP for just over a year and never had a single problem with it, other than the gimbal motor burning out for absolutely no reason, about 2 weeks after I bought it and one week before going back to Britain for a holiday. So no time to wait for a free repair under warranty, which would have taken 6-8 weeks. Therefore I had to fork out a lot of money for a replacement gimbal/camera plus the replacement labor. That I was not happy about. Other than that, it worked flawlessly, as does my M2P. Amazing machines for the money.

• Haha
Reactions: pelagic_one
Reactions: Thomas B
Been flying the Pro for almost 3 yrs. I have gained a lot of confidence in the bird. Very forgiving and just a joy to fly. I use a Huwai M5 10.8" screen. Old eyes need a lot of help. Great tablet for flying.

Reactions: dronefreak2020
Been flying the Pro for almost 3 yrs. I have gained a lot of confidence in the bird. Very forgiving and just a joy to fly. I use a Huwai M5 10.8" screen. Old eyes need a lot of help. Great tablet for flying.
Sounds good I cant wait to get mine .

Hi there I have mavic platinum and use a mini ipad 2 also on my Spark, recently on my new mavic mini works great on all my drones.

Hi there I have mavic platinum and use a mini ipad 2 also on my Spark, recently on my new mavic mini works great on all my drones.
Yes I think an ipad or tablet will work fine. Is there a big difference in the camera on the mp than on the other dji drones like the 3 4k have a 4k cam just wondering how much difference there is between the two

Yes I think an ipad or tablet will work fine. Is there a big difference in the camera on the mp than on the other dji drones like the 3 4k have a 4k cam just wondering how much difference there is between the two
Several DJI drones have 4K cameras but the cameras themselves are different. Some also have different size sensors, generally the larger the sensor, the high the camera's image quality.

Several DJI drones have 4K cameras but the cameras themselves are different. Some also have different size sensors, generally the larger the sensor, the high the camera's image quality.
Yes I'm wanting to know if the mavic pro has a better cam than the phantom 3 4k.

You don't say what issues you have had but had mine for 2 years and on my second one ( first I trashed my own fault )
and now have the M2P and love them both .

No issues with my MP as of now other than I like flying my 2 better .
Welcome to the forum.
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .

0rojyyg-png.95983
Thinking about getting the mavic air soon! Shoot in RAW and better quality streams and photos for sure

Reactions: dronefreak2020
I own the main platinum, spark, and now the main mini. Should have enough saved next month for the mavic air 2.

Selling the spark combo with loads of extras if anyone is interested.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Allen25