DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Anyone still on their original battery?

prodigal27

Reactions
Tons of info on swelling batteries. I want to do a poll on who is still on their original battery.

How long have you had it? (Weeks/Months)

Any visible swelling?

How long does it last now?

Reactions: Carb63
One of the original M2 swelling threads was supposed to see how many were produced 7-8/2018 and how many after.

All three of mine bought early September 2018 produced July 2018 show swelling. One not too bad, possibly usable in flight, other two bad enough that I won't fly with them over 10' altitude and past a soccer field or my yard.
Found good deals on 3 new replacements.

Just in case you're not aware you should be able to add a poll to your original post so you can see in numbers how people are getting on with their batteries.

I bought the Mavic 2 short while after release with the fly more pack and still using the three original batteries which I've not had any issues with. Perhaps it's also worth asking people to note what sort of climate they're using their Mavic in as I had the impression that those with swelling batteries seemed to be in warmer climates although I've not followed these topics closely. I'm in Scotland so my Mavic is rarely using in warm temperatures.

John

I don't know if these forums support multiple variable polls with correlation statistics.

We had 2, now 3 variables:
Battery production date
Swelling or no
Climate

Tons of info on swelling batteries. I want to do a poll on who is still on their original battery.

Any visible swelling?

Instead of how long, I'd like to be precise cycle time. Mine has already satisfactory with 200 CC

Reactions: FL AV8R
4 batteries running for twelve months with no issue. I use the blue aftermarket multi-charger. Have never gone more than 5 days without use and recharge

Yes I bought my mavic 2 zoom with fly more kit in aug 2018, all 3 of my batteries are still doing well.. I might add that I have had 2 surgeries in that time period and another hospital stay so all 3 of my batteries are in the twenty something number of charge cycles, still new, but I’m pretty picky on care of them.. never leave in truck winter or summer

Reactions: crlmjohnson

Any visible swelling?

i’ve had my m2p for almost a year and it came with one battery that was manufactured in 7-18 and have no problems with that battery at all ive since purchased a fly more kit with two more batteries and purchased a fourth battery because i fly it almost everyday, here in arizona temps get very high and ive had all four batteries in the air in temps over 100

Any visible swelling?

I’ve had my original battery since date of purchase with no issues. TG. 11/2017
MP

I've got three batteries. One from my original M2 battery and another couple from the Flymore kit. I've had them a little over a year. I've logged 30 hrs in the air. I faithfully rotate the batteries so each has about 10 hrs use.

No problems at all. They still give me about the same flight times as when new.

I am still using my original 6 batteries since the release of the mavic pro 2 and I have over 40 hours flying on this bird. I also travel a lot with this drone

m2p 1 year old 3 original battery no problems, plus they have been exposed to airplane cabin pressure 4 times

Three standard batteries still going strong after 22 months of regular flying. Charging ok, not heating up or swelling. Never taken below 20 percent.

Reactions: crlmjohnson
Mavic Pro
Yes still on #1 born on date (2-2017)
Started (5-2017)
I received 2 other officials DJI batteries
Both dead on. (9-2018)
(No swelling)

Mavic 2 pro
Still on original battery
born on date (5-2019)
Start up (8-2019)
(No swelling)..... but does get very warm after ever flight