DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Anyone tried the epson moverio bt-300 drone edition?

You can find lots of information about those glasses in this thread.

I just order the Epson Moverio BT-300 Drone Edition, and was wondering if anyone has had experience with one.

This one is specifically made with DJI for DJI drones.
emoji41.png
I just order the Epson Moverio BT-300 Drone Edition, and was wondering if anyone has had experience with one.

This one is specifically made with DJI for DJI drones.[emoji41]
Hi I have a pair of bt300's and they perform really well...a bit pricey but well worth it
Dave

Thanks Dave, I read that they are worth the money and work better than the DJI goggle. However it's nice to hear it from a fellow dji pilot! Are you flying a mavic, phantom or inspire?

Its a mavic and you will find you have more control with all the info in your field of view which gives you confidence to fly further...and hey you feel like your in the machine...great fun
Show quoted text

Its a mavic and you will find you have more control with all the info in your field of view which gives you confidence to fly further...and hey you feel like your in the machine...great fun
Show quoted text

Show

Reactions: Silver Surfer
I read that they are worth the money and work better than the DJI goggle.

Nothing works better than the Goggles, period. And for only $400, it's a steal. Nothing can replace that heart-pumping awe of *being* the drone, instead of *watching* its FPV on a screen. Besides, Moverio has its own castrated Android in a "black box", the only way to update the app and configure it is to wear the glasses (vs. just using smartphone's touch screen).

Last edited:
Nothing works better than the Goggles, period. And for only $400, it's a steal. Nothing can replace that heart-pumping awe of *being* the drone, instead of *watching* its FPV on a screen. Besides, Moverio has its own castrated Android in a "black box", the only way to update the app and configure it is to wear the glasses (vs. just using smartphone's touch screen).

I have read all the reviews and both the DJI Goggles and the the Maverio BT-300 have their pros and cons. With the dji goggles you can't even use a spotter in California due to the law that requires the pilot to always keep the drone in sight at all times. Also, I personally want to know what is going on around me at all times. Obviously, it is hard for one do that with the DJI Goggles. The Maverio BT-300 are lighter and more comfortable to wear. The Maverio BT-300 cost $300.00 more than the DJI Goggles. From the reviews that I read, all concur with what Dave (DMX512) stated. For piloting the DJI drones, the Maverios are awesome. The reviews were conducted with both the DJI Goggles and the Epson Maverios BT-300 (Drone Editions). Also the Maverios come with a camera so that one can take pictures of the drone and the surroundings while wearing them.

I opted for the NEW Maverios BT-300 Drone Edition because they were made in collaboration with DJI and all the reviews were very positive. DJI has a training video for the Maverios in you tube.

In the end it all boils down to personal preference.

I will be getting mine tomorrow and will post my thoughts on the Maverios, once I have tried them out.

:).

Last edited:
Reactions: Xtreme Drone Pilot
I personally want to know what is going on around me at all times. Obviously one can't do that with the dji goggles.

You can flip them up in split second; also, at least the way they fit my face, there's a gap on the bottom that I actually use to peak on screen and do adjustments. I mostly fly in remote areas in the mountains and desert, so I know what's going on around me - nothing. But of course - different folks, different strokes.

You can flip them up in split second; also, at least the way they fit my face, there's a gap on the bottom that I actually use to peak on screen and do adjustments. I mostly fly in remote areas in the mountains and desert, so I know what's going on around me - nothing. But of course - different folks, different strokes.

Yeah, I know what you mean Xtreme Drone Pilot. If I could afford it I would get both. As you mentioned the experience of **being the drone** is a bit more intense with the DJI Goggles than with the smart glasses. Enjoy the DJI Goggles and thanks for the input. :)

Reactions: Xtreme Drone Pilot
With the dji goggles you would need a spotter in California due to the law that requires the pilot to always keep the drone in sight at all times.
Are you referring to FAA Part 107? If so, it states the aircraft must be "flown within visual line of sight of the person operating the aircraft" when flying as a hobbyist. That means you cannot use a spotter. (FYI)

Reactions: Silver Surfer
Are you referring to FAA Part 107? If so, it states the aircraft must be "flown within visual line of sight of the person operating the aircraft" when flying as a hobbyist. That means you cannot use a spotter. (FYI)

Thanks msinger, for the correction and the link FAA Part 107. I meant to say one can't even use a spotter in California. I've corrected the error on the original so that no one will get it wrong.

Thanks again msinger :)Thumbswayup

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FollyRJ