DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Anyone tried these 5in1 chargers ?

Here you go

I did the same as you, but I also added that ground wire not only to the case but also soldiered to the board where it's missing. Do you think it would make any difference as I don't see any good grounds from the board to the case. Without a good ground from case to board seems like your only half grounded.

Not entirely sure how its made CE marking as with no ground its not entirely safe. In UK provided your electrical installation meets 16th or 17th Edition of the IEE Regs, you are protected by a Residual Current Device, which will trip out if there is more than a 30ma (or 100ma) variation in the supply Live to Neutral. Its not marked up as double insulated, which it isn't so really should have a proper earth to all the metal case parts.

There is a 50000 euro fine for just applying the CE mark without proper certification.

Grounding the board at the spot indicated is not necessarily necessary. With the case grounded, a fault to the case will ground out and trip the breaker.

I was not sure if grounding the electronics vs floating was going to create a problem so I didn't

thank you! i have a 200 watt car inverter and am thinking of getting the 5 in one to travel with.

Here you go

Ahha so u guys starting adding a ground afterall...

That is why i passed on this model. The gray colored model that looks simular but usually costs about 15$ more is the best one to get and comes grounded proper from factory

Reactions: Pp09nlk2n

That is why i passed on this model. The gray colored model that looks simular but usually costs about 15$ more is the best one to get and comes grounded proper from factory
1e825bb700c7cc25d2b4d4c64c51f4b8.jpg

This one ?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using MavicPilots mobile app

Not entirely sure how its made CE marking as with no ground its not entirely safe. In UK provided your electrical installation meets 16th or 17th Edition of the IEE Regs, you are protected by a Residual Current Device, which will trip out if there is more than a 30ma (or 100ma) variation in the supply Live to Neutral. Its not marked up as double insulated, which it isn't so really should have a proper earth to all the metal case parts.

There is a 50000 euro fine for just applying the CE mark without proper certification.

I think they would claim their CE means China Export.

I'm on my second one of these chargers. They are as cheap a piece of hardware ever made; poor quality solder joints, crappy components, safety hazard, etc. But, they work and don't cost much.

I think the difference with the gray and the blue is 3 in 1 vs. 5 in 1. Still no power switch on the gray one, but looks like .5 amps more per battery.

looks about twice as thick as the blue one. My 5in1 is a plow horse. Three batteries, my Android tablet and the controller. I fly to 50% battery and then start coming home, did three batteries today and everything was recharged within an hour.

If you are remotely handy with a drill, a file and a soldering iron, adding the ground and the switch is easy. Also, the power cord supplied does not have a ground pin on the mains end so you need to hit your junk box for an old three wire computer power cable.

Reactions: pageymavic
I also bought one to try. I checked USB voltage and battery pin voltage and all good, I also added an earth to the box as per Peter's excellent video above. I opened up the box to check the workmanship and its all vey tidy including the soldering, note there is a sticky double sided pad at the fan end to hold the fan in the correct position for the air vent, so if you are opening the lid to look take a little care. Whether the internal parts last well only time will tell. My first impression to be honest is I'm very happy with the charger and for the money its fine. To say its made in China is correct but so is everything coming from DJi so i'm not sure what the point is there.. ATB Tom

Do you have a link to this model?

I did the same as you, but I also added that ground wire not only to the case but also soldiered to the board where it's missing. Do you think it would make any difference as I don't see any good grounds from the board to the case. Without a good ground from case to board seems like your only half grounded.

I'm not handy do I have to add the ground. I'm interested in buying this.

We'll add the ground pin in our next iteration :) Also thinking about changing the color! Any color recommendations :)
When might this version be shipping? Also, any thought on the on/off switch?
Blue is very cool. If I had to offer a color other than blue, I'd say black to go with the rest of the kit... Thanks!

I have one for my Mavic. Did the mod and the charger is great! One hour and your back in the air.

Reactions: TomOwen
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pocki