DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Anyone using a mulit battery charger?

I have this:

I mainly use it to power a 32” LCD TV as the ST-16 controllers for my Typhoons have HDMI out. The cigarette lighter 12v socket is 10A so should work. The question is just how many charges I can get.....although typically if I’m in a high power need situation there’s usually an AC outlet somewhere I can use. I keep (3) 100’ orange extension cords and a strip outlet onboard.

Reactions: RichieFromBoston
No, that one uses the original DJI power supply and only charges the batteries one at a time. (The Powerextra one)That's why I didn't buy it. I want a multi charger that charges all at the same time.
Ah, yes, that makes a huge difference. The Tercel charging hub is able to charge 4 batteries in about 1/4 the time. I see it can also discharge batteries or charge/discharge to 40%-60% (for storage).

1568282118299.png

Reactions: globetrotterdrone
I’ve got the Yx multi charger for my M2P and my Inspire 2 and they work great
sweet I got the smartree powerpack chager chagres 2 batteries BUt still requires original mavic 2 charger to plug it in, not what I was hoping for. I like the ability to charge off a pack that does not need to be plugged in, but I do wish it came with its own plug.

This is the one I use and it works great. It will charge all the batteries at once unlike the DJI multicharger plus the controller.

Smatree makes great products in general, so it's a good brand to consider. You'll find a lot of positive reviews for the Smatree portable charging station here on Amazon. I don't think there are any other portable charging stations like this available for the Mavic 2, so it's probably going to be your best option if this is the type of battery charger you need.

View attachment 81284

If charging your batteries at home is an option, here are some commonly used Mavic 2 parallel battery chargers:

Fstop Labs (made by Yx)
Charge 3 batteries in 1 hour

View attachment 81285

Powerextra (made by Yx)
View attachment 81286

RCGEEK
View attachment 81287

RCGEEK
Charge 3 batteries in 1.5 hour
View attachment 81288

I bought the blue one first as it was the first one out for Mav2. Worked well but it has a fan so charging in the same room where you sleep e.g. could be problematic. Then I switched to the white one below. No problems whatsoever, fast, smooth, quiet, no fan. And 4 batteries charged in about 80 minutes instead of 3. Totally recommended.

....... And 4 batteries charged in about 80 minutes instead of 3. Totally recommended......

I don’t know.....I’d like to at least try out the 3 minute charger.....probably damage the battery though......

? (Kidding, of course)

Good luck finding anything from dji not made in China
Perhaps it was your intent to quote the OP? I certainly never made any suggestion that one might have an expectation of finding a battery charger not made in China -and- if you were paying attention you might have noted I made no specific comments about the place of origin for any DJI products. Whats your point?

Last edited:
I have the YX charger, purchased at AMZN. It has the ability to charge 4 batteries at a time, and two USB charge ports. It will get hot/warm, red lights to indicate charge, green when complete. I set mine on the counter, standing on edge (tall) to open vents to dissipate the heat and I always monitor my charging. A habit that I have from my RC flying days. I have used it many times over several months, with no problems. I have 6 batteries in my rotation.

Last edited:
I have one of the blue charges (mine has the voltage and amps displayed for each battery) that does 3 batteries at a time. I use it all the time. When travelling, I take 6 batteries for the drone in flying. By charging and flying, I can fly all day with enough time to unload the SD card between swapping out the batteries.

All I did When it arrived was to ensure the earth blug was connected to the case. I used a surge proctector as well.

I have two chargers for my Mavic Pro 2 and Mavic Pro Platinum.

Only downside is the fans, very noisy on both units.

I have been using the Sunnylife 6 in 0ne charger for Mavic 2 for several months now. and it has worked great no problems at all. I also like the fact that it charges all 4 of my batteries at the same time.

Smatree is genius. Instead of two batteries with you, if you do it right, you now have 4, and then you have 6, and then you have 8! Instead of spending 600 on extra batteries, you spend 100 and have all you could ever want! And it charges your phone and controller.

Smatree has one that is a built in power bank anyone using anything like this? If so ho good, I dont want cheap made in china for risk of fire. thanks Guys.
I use the DJI multi battery charger for the Mavic 2. One thing I don't like is that it charges one battery at a time unlike my DJI Spark multi battery charger that charges them all at the same time.

Reactions: RichieFromBoston
I use the DJI multi battery charger for the Mavic 2. One thing I don't like is that it charges one battery at a time unlike my DJI Spark multi battery charger that charges them all at the same time.
It's all a matter of conservation of energy. The hub uses the same charger that came with the M2, which only provides enough power, 60W, for one battery. If the hub were to charge 4 batteries at once, that would require 240W minimum.

Reactions: Vader Zoom 01
@Thomas B
DId you get a chance to try your new charger/discharger yet?
It's the only one which has every feature I need to maintain the batteries in proper shape. Would ease the handling quite a bit only carrying one device.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Danski_inthe_Sky