DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Anyone using MA, Litchi & Galaxy S8?

Nukeboyt

Reactions
Any MA owners who use Litchi and a Galaxy S8? I used the app for about an hour and had two dropped connection w/ RTH in that time period. I returned the app to the Play Store for a refund. I'd like to give it another try, but first, I would like to hear from someone with same setup as me, that it works OK for them.

Not exactly your collection but I have S8+ phone (S8 with a bigger screen), M2P and Litchi. I've flown dozens of flights with no issues relating to the phone. I fly a lot in and over my forest and I have experienced lots of dropped connections -> automatic RTH's, but when I see the connection has recovered, I can cancel the RTH. Before I got the M2P I flew a Phantom 4, also using S8+ and Litchi. Note, my connection drops are caused by the amount of wet trees between the RC and AC, not by the connection between RC and S8+.

Thank you! Do you experience the same dropped connections when flying with the Litchi app vs the Go 4 app? The two consecutive dropped connections I experienced, together with the fact that it had never happened before while using the Go 4 app, make me suspect that it was somehow related to the Litchi app itself, and how it was communicating with the RC.

I don't think the app (DJI GO4 vs Litchi) makes any difference to the connection drops between the drone and controller. When I see that the AC - RC connection is lost, I know that the reason is almost always altitude too low (too much vegetation, water and snow between the drone and controller) and not too much distance. I've set my RTH altitude relatively high when I fly over my own forest, usually 250 - 300 meters (750 - 1000ft). I know that the connection will be restored as soon as the drone gets high enough. But I confess that my experiences aren't systematic between the two apps, because the conditions vary so much depending on weather and season.

Reactions: dawgpilot
Don't have a S8, but have a Note8, and have used Litchi with my Mavic Air with no connection issues. As Antero52 said in the above comment, I don't see how the app running on your phone would cause connection drops between the drone and the controller, since you can actually fly the drone with no phone at all, just the controller by itself.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tstr14