DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Apps disappearing from Smart Controller?

DUAS

Reactions
Hey everyone,

Have any of you ever had any apps disappear on their own from the SC's apps folder? This used to happen to me with Go4. I stopped flying the M2Z I had been using it with and began using Pilot with an M2ED. It's been a while, but if I remember correctly, when I would switch aircrafts from the M2ED to the M2Z, Go4 would load. But when I would look in the apps folder, it wasn't there.

It looks like some of the data is still there in the dji.go.v4 folder, but I want to be 100% sure I have everything backed up before doing a factory reset.

Thanks.

I never had an app disapear from my SC.

Reactions: maggior
switching from pilot back to go4 has been tricky for me but seems like I had to turn on the m2z first then the sc to get the sc to load the go4 app

switching from pilot back to go4 has been tricky for me but seems like I had to turn on the m2z first then the sc to get the sc to load the go4 app
Thanks. Would you mind checking your apps folder to see if Go4 is listed? Thank you.

I use the SC with both a Mavic 2 Pro and a M2EA. The M2P uses the GO 4 app while the M2EA uses the Pilot app. The SC restarts when the connected aircraft is changed, and only the applicable control app shows up on the apps screen. It appears to load the one that it needs depending on the aircraft model and remove the one that's not in use.

Reactions: DUAS
I use the SC with both a Mavic 2 Pro and a M2EA. The M2P uses the GO 4 app while the M2EA uses the Pilot app. The SC restarts when the connected aircraft is changed, and only the applicable control app shows up on the apps screen. It appears to load the one that it needs depending on the aircraft model and remove the one that's not in use.
Hi. Correct, that was my experience as well. However, if the SC was bound to the M2ED and I clicked on the applications menu (squares), Go4 would not be there. Same when accessing the app list in the settings menu. But the Go4 folder was still accessible using the file explorer. It's a relatively harmless glitch, I just hope I got everything backed up.

Hi. Correct, that was my experience as well. However, if the SC was bound to the M2ED and I clicked on the applications menu (squares), Go4 would not be there. Same when accessing the app list in the settings menu. But the Go4 folder was still accessible using the file explorer. It's a relatively harmless glitch, I just hope I got everything backed up.

Right - that is what I was trying to describe. In my case, if the SC is bound to the M2P then the Pilot app is missing, and if it is bound to the M2EA then the GO 4 app is missing. It appears to install and uninstall them as needed. The data folders are unaffected, as you also saw.

Right - that is what I was trying to describe. In my case, if the SC is bound to the M2P then the Pilot app is missing, and if it is bound to the M2EA then the GO 4 app is missing. It appears to install and uninstall them as needed. The data folders are unaffected, as you also saw.
Ah, sorry. I see that now! Must've read too quickly on the first pass. :D

I'm glad you commented, thanks! By the way, how are you liking the M2EA?

Ah, sorry. I see that now! Must've read too quickly on the first pass. :D

I'm glad you commented, thanks! By the way, how are you liking the M2EA?
I think the M2EA is remarkable at its price. The M2 platform is obviously very solid, but it's the InfiRay camera that really shines. I also fly some much larger UAVs with the FLIR Duo Pro R camera, and both the visible and IR images from the Mavic are substantially better. The DJI thermal analysis application is not as good as the FLIR version, but I can live with that since I'm not primarily doing radiometric work. And it produces much better video.

I think the M2EA is remarkable at its price. The M2 platform is obviously very solid, but it's the InfiRay camera that really shines. I also fly some much larger UAVs with the FLIR Duo Pro R camera, and both the visible and IR images from the Mavic are substantially better. The DJI thermal analysis application is not as good as the FLIR version, but I can live with that since I'm not primarily doing radiometric work. And it produces much better video.
Good to hear. I know what you mean. These InfiRay cameras (M2EA, 640T) are incredible. I think they're definitely punching above their weight as far as their published NETD spec.

Reactions: sar104
My question is this, is there any opportunity to be able to use intelligent flight modes with the m2ea?
The Pilot app supports missions (waypoints) but none of the other intelligent flight modes that you find on the Fly or GO 4 apps.

Any hope this might change in the future? It would sure be useful for me.
I have no information on that but, at this stage of the product cycle, it seems unlikely. The M2EA isn't primarily designed to be a videography or photography tool.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
volidas