DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

April 21, 2021: KULR Introduces High Capacity Lithium Battery Packs for Commercial Drone Market

cgmaxed

Reactions
APRIL 21 , 2021

From Article: "Despite the tremendous potential that drones hold, their adoption rate is strongly affected by battery related safety risks as well as technology issues such as energy densities of batteries and most of all -- weight. KULR's energy efficient battery pack platform incorporates an inherently safe and lighter battery with advanced chemistry and thermal management technology. For drone makers, that means a drone can fly farther and longer on a single charge."

OTHER ARTICLES:

Last Article I could find on this forum was from a 2016 MIT research group. Harvard in 2021 has also created a stable metal membrane as have many other groups. Most of the articles I have read, expect to see these types of batteries in production by 2025. When we as drone pilots might get them, I couldn't find any data.

"Scientists at Friedrich Schiller University in Jena, together with colleagues from Boston University (BU) and Wayne State University (WSU), have now succeeded in preventing dendrite formation and thus at least doubling the lifetime of a lithium metal battery. The researchers report on their method in the renowned journal "Advanced Energy Materials"."

"The research team is confident that their findings have the potential to bring about a new generation of lithium batteries. They have therefore applied for a patent for their method. The next step is to see how the application of the two-dimensional membrane can be integrated into the manufacturing process. The researchers also want to apply the idea to other types of batteries."

Drone Battery Market worth $9.6 billion by 2026 - Exclusive Report by MarketsandMarkets™​

Key Market Players: FOR THOSE INTERESTED IN BUYING STOCK
Drone Battery Market worth $9.6 billion by 2026 - Exclusive Report by MarketsandMarkets™

The major players in the drone battery market are Eaglepicher Technologies (US), Oxis Energy Ltd (US), Plug Power Inc (US), HES Energy Systems (Singapore) Intelligent Energy (UK), RRC Power Solutions (Germany), Micromulticopter Aero Technology Co., Ltd. (China), SolidEnergy Systems (US), Sion Power (US), Doosan Mobility Innovation (South Korea), Shenzhen Grepow Battery Co. Ltd. (China), and Epsilor (Israel), among others.

Not sure I’m ready to pay between $450.00 to $550.00 for a battery. By the time they come down I don’t think I will be flying.?

Not sure I’m ready to pay between $450.00 to $550.00 for a battery. By the time they come down I don’t think I will be flying.?
Well, my father is 78, still very active, hyper and playing 2 hours of tennis 3 times a week. I'm just saying you've got a lot more energy in you. ..Those batteries will help..lol.

There are very big differences between proof of concept experiments and execution at commercial scale. Forecasting commercial scale characteristics and delivery times is as much marketing lust as technical fundamentals.

There are very big differences between proof of concept experiments and execution at commercial scale. Forecasting commercial scale characteristics and delivery times is as much marketing lust as technical fundamentals.
Well, let's all start buying into some low priced lithium metal solid state battery speculative stock. Looks promising.

APRIL 21 , 2021

From Article: "Despite the tremendous potential that drones hold, their adoption rate is strongly affected by battery related safety risks as well as technology issues such as energy densities of batteries and most of all -- weight. KULR's energy efficient battery pack platform incorporates an inherently safe and lighter battery with advanced chemistry and thermal management technology. For drone makers, that means a drone can fly farther and longer on a single charge."

OTHER ARTICLES:

Last Article I could find on this forum was from a 2016 MIT research group. Harvard in 2021 has also created a stable metal membrane as have many other groups. Most of the articles I have read, expect to see these types of batteries in production by 2025. When we as drone pilots might get them, I couldn't find any data.

"Scientists at Friedrich Schiller University in Jena, together with colleagues from Boston University (BU) and Wayne State University (WSU), have now succeeded in preventing dendrite formation and thus at least doubling the lifetime of a lithium metal battery. The researchers report on their method in the renowned journal "Advanced Energy Materials"."

"The research team is confident that their findings have the potential to bring about a new generation of lithium batteries. They have therefore applied for a patent for their method. The next step is to see how the application of the two-dimensional membrane can be integrated into the manufacturing process. The researchers also want to apply the idea to other types of batteries."

Drone Battery Market worth $9.6 billion by 2026 - Exclusive Report by MarketsandMarkets™​

Key Market Players: FOR THOSE INTERESTED IN BUYING STOCK
Drone Battery Market worth $9.6 billion by 2026 - Exclusive Report by MarketsandMarkets™

The major players in the drone battery market are Eaglepicher Technologies (US), Oxis Energy Ltd (US), Plug Power Inc (US), HES Energy Systems (Singapore) Intelligent Energy (UK), RRC Power Solutions (Germany), Micromulticopter Aero Technology Co., Ltd. (China), SolidEnergy Systems (US), Sion Power (US), Doosan Mobility Innovation (South Korea), Shenzhen Grepow Battery Co. Ltd. (China), and Epsilor (Israel), among others.
Interesting post.

Thanks for sharing!

Well, let's all start buying into some low priced lithium metal solid state battery speculative stock. Looks promising.

Could be worth a few $'s.

Not a lot to show as yet, but could be one of the next tech type stocks.

Meh, if I only had a dollar every time I've heard that...

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
flyingthe405