DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Are sensors on with Helix mode ?

Ferg333

Reactions
I'm under the impression that in quick shot mode while runing the Helix function the sensors were off but have read that they are on but you shouldn't trust them.
Can anyone clarify this ?

I flew for the first time (M2P) 2 days ago, at a ballpark. When I tried out helix, it passed very close (probably within 5-10 feet) to a light pole, because I was stupid. This suggests the sensors were off, but I'm a newbie.

I just uploaded the video (too bright, but I've learned since then): Link

After the last FW update on Mavic 2 Pro they are on, keep in mind that the side sensors are weak than front and rear one's....they tend to detect the object to close...

Reactions: GavieboyDji
You can also fly with all sensors ON if you go to Active Track and fly without track anything....

Reactions: Ferg333
You can also fly with all sensors ON if you go to Active Track and fly without track anything....
That's useful - I normally fly manual POIs and would love to have the side sensors on just in case I missjudge a tree or something. I'll give this a try - never thought of tracking nothing

If you're not sure about sensors,
Look at what looks like a target at the top middle.
If all red, no sensors are in use.
Part green, part red, no side sensors.
All green, all sensors including side ones are on.
If not actually in flight, it will always show red. I guess somebody at DJI wanted to be literal about sensor status. After all they really aren't in use/on when on the ground.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78