DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Are the Mini2 motors actually more powerful than the Mini1?

No sweat, my friend. Pure happenstance, you got into a discussion of brain surgery with a brain surgeon. I'm an EE (among other credentials).

As an aside, I'm an old one too (58). Old enough to be permanently amazed by how cool BLDC motors are, something that couldn't exist before we had the chip fab technology to make controllers small and fast enough to make them work.

Before that, people who specialized in DC motors were experts in BRUSHED motors. When I was a kid, I had a period of slot-car fandom, and remember well the technical details and mods to these motors.

My my my how things have changed :oops:?
Slot cars with rewound motors -- brings back memories. :)

Finally some evidence to demonstrate the Mini2 is indeed more powerful than the Mini1:

@zeusfl managed to lift nearly 300g of payload, compared to around 180g that the mini1 seemed to be capable of. Factoring in the weight of the drone+battery that's approximately a 25% increase in thrust force.

Reactions: TDZHDTV and zeusfl
I am thinking of reducing the tilt angle to zero only for a particular mode like the Cine mode. Then the craft will drift with the wind allowing the wind direction and speed to be measured. Is this possible ? It is necessary to have the setting effective only for the chosen mode without affecting the others or the drone will not be flyable as you said.
You better off with changing cine-mode to atti-mode, it sounds what you looking for.
Easy to bail out as well.

If I'm not wrong, I think the min value for pitch is 10.

I tried that, as well. The motors get warmer than stock because you're changing the RPM required. The stability could be affected due to intermixing air currents between front and rear rotor discs.
I'd be more interested in software that increases max. speed / tilt angle.

Wind penetration stinks... In my region 40 MPH wind is considered calm. There are very few days that I can safely fly ANY model, due to high winds. For this reason, I won't purchase another drone. 80 MPH capabilities, would get me into the market for a new drone. Collision avoidance capabilities should keep the "dangerous projectile" safe by overriding inexperienced operators or terrorists from too much energy accidently impacting something.
Force 10 wind speed should be a minimum specification for any drone.

According to reviews, the motors on the Mini 2 sounds different and the propellers are also different.

I'm no expert but would assume that there's some hardware changes based on this.
This is true actually, there's this one youtubeer that tried it and stripped the thread of the motor, even the thread of mini 1 is different from mini 2.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan