DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Are there any strobes that will keep the weight under 250g now that the Mini 2 has a few extra grams to play with?

Its a 3d printed, lightweight mount. Perhaps there are similar mounts in your part of the world. The dual strobe fits very nice, and mount easily snaps on and off.

Now that I've used it for a dozen or so flights, I'd only fly without my Firehouse 5 if I wanted to avoid detection. It's an absolute godsend.

Reflected strobe light from the ground might affect footage, especially when looking down close to the ground in low light (or over water) in which case, I'd turn it off.

Otherwise it's on before takeoff.
Doesn't the 5, push the mini 2 over 250g ?

I was simply pointing out how pointless it is to want to add accessories but want to avoid pushing the weight past 250 grams, just to avoid a 5$ fee.
But if it's not about the $5, I can't imagine what the issue might be.
Here in the UK, there is a massive difference in flying drones between under 250g and those that are over 250g. Take a look at the Drone Code, particularly Points 3-9, and you will see why......

Is there a reliable online store that sells Firehouse strobes to EU customers?
They are really hard to find for me in Germany. I am still looking for red and green positional strobes for my Mini 2.

Never weighed it, don’t care. Aircraft safety is significantly enhanced.
OK, I decided to weigh my setup. The DJI Mini 2 with battery, uSD card, Firehouse 5 strobe and the bottom 3D printed clip mount (under the battery vents) is 258 g. That's within the bounds of measurement error should some DroneCop appear and challenge my takeoff weight.

Again, aircraft safety is significantly enhanced with this bottom mounted strobe. Previously invisible at 200 ft, the Mini2 is now easy to see, and most significantly, easy to find when you lift your eyes from the flight display to the sky. Even in full sunlight.

OK, I decided to weigh my setup. The DJI Mini 2 with battery, uSD card, Firehouse 5 strobe and the bottom 3D printed clip mount (under the battery vents) is 258 g. That's within the bounds of measurement error should some DroneCop appear and challenge my takeoff weight.

Again, aircraft safety is significantly enhanced with this bottom mounted strobe. Previously invisible at 200 ft, the Mini2 is now easy to see, and most significantly, easy to find when you lift your eyes from the flight display to the sky. Even in full sunlight.
Do you have a photo with the mount?

All this just to avoid a $5 charge for three years registration?
Are you really that cheap?
As you may be aware by now, in Canada (and a bunch of other places) sub-250 gram drones are considered "toys" and are not subject the same limitations as heavier drones. I have a Mavic 2 Pro that I love but when it says NFZ I can always pull out my backup Mini II.

As you may be aware by now, in Canada (and a bunch of other places) sub-250 gram drones are considered "toys" and are not subject the same limitations as heavier drones. I have a Mavic 2 Pro that I love but when it says NFZ I can always pull out my backup Mini II.
Doesn't DJI geofence your Mini 2 in the NFZ's?

I can't fly in my own yard with my Mini 2 without authorization from DJI.
I live in an "authorization zone", 6km from a tiny airport that sees about one aircraft per week.

Yes sir…… the M2 is prolly my favorite also👍🏼

Yes sir…… the M2 is prolly my favorite also👍🏼
Ya know... The one feature of the M2 that is no longer available on any of the newer drones is TRIPOD MODE. Cine mode does not have the fine control that tripod mode does. With a MAXIMUM speed of 2.5mph in tripod mode you can get fine control and confidence to turn APAS off when flying in tight spots. If you need it to look faster, you can speed it up in post. The Mini 2, Air2/s, and new Mavic three have "cine modes" where the max speeds are around 11mph and no EXP settings with "interesting" non-linear stick to drone responses and dead spots in the stick controls. Cine mode is just a slightly less powerful normal mode and not much improvement in tight spaces over normal.

Hi, been researching this and the best one appears to be the new vifly on Amazon, it’s tiny , 6g and altbough maybe not quite as bright as firehouse it’s very close and meets FAA requirements…. The big upside also is it’s under 15 bucks, I order the 3 pack today, I went ahead and registered with the FAA , didn’t really make sense to worry about legality over 5 bucks
——-
edit, here is link to vifly https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B096VCKR97/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&th=1

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78