DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Are there fake Mavic drones?

R1Mavic

Reactions
I’m about to buy a Mavic Air, non FMP, off Craigslist for $500. Most are around $800. Anything in particular let me know it’s authentic?

Reactions: caleb1
Anything in particular let me know it’s authentic?
Make sure it looks like the photos on DJI's website. There are no other drones that look nearly identical to a Mavic Air (or any other Mavic model).

Reactions: R1Mavic
$800 (USD) seems pretty steep for a used FMC. They are flying off the shelf on eBay for around $600.

Looks legit

9d8a677e6a90b1b1ed82e565207f51a7.jpg

Reactions: MJ224
There are no other drones that look nearly identical to a Mavic Air (or any other Mavic model).
That's incorrect, there's a bunch of crappy toys that imitate the Mavic Pro's looks pretty closely. See ads for them on instagram almost daily, some shoddy sellers even try to misrepresent them as the original. They're much cheaper than a real one though so pretty obvious.

Last edited:
Reactions: knsaber
there's a bunch of crappy toys that imitate the Mavic Pro's looks pretty closely.
I'm guessing you're referring to this:

1545422874306.png

1545422959208.png

I wouldn't call that nearly identical to a Mavic Pro.

Reactions: WAXMAN
Got it!!! Added my dragon to it and sent it on a waypoint mission with success. Excellent deal I got here. Didn’t realize the non FMP didn’t come with charging hub. One by one is not ok.

749aca274129090abfc88bb9950a2b07.jpg

394c12fac88163931d37b1d6f1a0451b.jpg

I sure that they make a charger like this for the air also . I have been using one like this on my pro and it works good . It will charge 3 batteries and the RC and my iPad all at once

I wouldn't call that nearly identical to a Mavic Pro.
If you know what you're looking for no, but it's certainly similar enough to scam the general consumer who saw a friend with a Mavic 6 months ago, obviously remembers the general shape but not the details, and now sees this and goes "oh that's the one my friend has, if it's now only $99 I'll get one".

Look at ebay for "consumers electronics cost savers" sellers store. They have many bundles for either Mavic Pro and Mavic Air. New drones, not refurbished devices. For excellent prices. I bought a Fly more combo for 800 a couple of weeks ago and they have the Air for around 500, brand new. Good luck.

Yeah PayPal is great for stuff like this but I haven’t been able to find a deal quite this good on eBay.
Just have the guy show you it does fly and be sure to have it flown with each battery, so you know it is working with both and you should be okay. A lot of people are now selling old stuff to get the new Mavic 2 so these deals are not too rare.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ehj147