Join Us Now

Are you getting any Christmas goody’s for your drone 2018

And on the other side of the world
.Elliott Bay Seattle WA. 04-20-19
The M/V Hayk passing by the
M/S Joy.
She's a big girl at over 1100 ft long
View attachment 70114

Charlie I’m 100% sure I’ve seen that ship in the Caribbean while on my hols, smashing photo btw??

Record braking weather today for Easter Sunday in the UK, going to be warmer than the Mediterranean, yeh...... ??

Just seen Mrs P walking down the garden..

And I’ll be doing some of this

74F9D08E-0684-4C01-A7D0-1F593BB31567.jpeg

Dad, love the turbine photos, just love them??? I’m going flying tomorrow, back to the wind farm I think. I want to see if the rapeseed looks better now and hopefully it won’t be as windy as it was the last time I was there.

Was everything ok with you while flying, are you filling better?
hi son had a great day the place i flew is about 35 miles from home,was up there for a couple of hours,not only am i filling better, i am also feeling better,mind you when i got home i fell asleep in the chair for a while,the meds seem to be working though still getting used to them,enjoy your flying today

hi son had a great day the place i flew is about 35 miles from home,was up there for a couple of hours,not only am i filling better, i am also feeling better,mind you when i got home i fell asleep in the chair for a while,the meds seem to be working though still getting used to them,enjoy your flying today

My bad for my smelling again..... I’ve got to start proof reading before I post??

Update, I’m going flying tonight at the wind farm, might get an nice sunset photo of them. Batts on charge, everything’s ready for tonight? I’ll let you know how I get on?

My bad for my smelling again..... I’ve got to start proof reading before I post??

Update, I’m going flying tonight at the wind farm, might get an nice sunset photo of them. Batts on charge, everything’s ready for tonight? I’ll let you know how I get on?
look forwards to seeing some pics enjoy,took son in law ,and grandson flying today up the common flew 9 batts between us they both did very well flying the x16 and x21,the weather was perfect hardly any breeze and lovely and warm if ok will be getting the mav airborne tomorrow

Glad you had an enjoyable day with your son out law and grandson, weather has been perrrrrfect for flying.

I’m just getting ready to go and fly, leaving home about 7.30 pm. Should take about 15 mins to drive to the wind farm. Sunset here is 8.03pm plus half an hour for the sky to really pop.

Now this is gonna go two ways..... I’m using a ND 16 grad filter so should capture the turbines blurred, might look good or totally crap. I’ve set the drone up already so no prep work while onsite. Set the camera to take 3 photos (burst) so hopefully one photo should be good (in focus)?

I’ll let you know how I get on?

Glad you had an enjoyable day with your son out law and grandson, weather has been perrrrrfect for flying.

I’m just getting ready to go and fly, leaving home about 7.30 pm. Should take about 15 mins to drive to the wind farm. Sunset here is 8.03pm plus half an hours for the sky to really pop.

Now this is gonna go two ways..... I’m using a ND 16 grad filter so should capture the turbines blurred, might look good or totally crap. I’ve set the drone up already so no prep work while onsite. Set the camera to take 3 photos (burst) so hopefully one photo should be good (in focus)?

I’ll let you know how I get on?
go get em son dont ever loose your sense of humor

Just got back and had a quick look, all I’m gonna say is???? yep got some nice shots?

I’ll show to tomorrow dad. Just having some lunch now then chill in front of the tv.

Happy bunny ? I am with them???

Here ya go dad, my photos from yesterday, not to bad??

Well I can now say I had a fantastic time last night flying at the wind farm again, throughly enjoyed myself as always?

One thing I did notice was when those turbines were working, couldn’t believe how noisy then were but in a nice way, wind noise. It was quite relaxing in a way.

I only used two batteries, didn’t want to chance another, getting quite dark and I don’t know the area very well.

But in a nutshell, great time????

Well I can now say I had a fantastic time last night flying at the wind farm again, throughly enjoyed myself as always?

One thing I did notice was when those turbines were working, couldn’t believe how noisy then were but in a nice way, wind noise. It was quite relaxing in a way.

I only used two batteries, didn’t want to chance another, getting quite dark and I don’t know the area very well.

But in a nutshell, great time????
hi son great work i dont know if you noticed but as you get near to the turbines it seems you are much closer than you really are and you start to worry that you are going to fly into the blades if you go any closer perspective is a deceptive thing when you are over a thousand feet away

Did you fly today dad?
yes i was writing my reply to you when your post came through didnt do pics just videos,flew 4 batts at 3 different locations bit windy but nothing the mav could not handle, got some great vids and have just been downloading them on to my computer i am getting more adventurous and going further afield to new places

hi son great work i dont know if you noticed but as you get near to the turbines it seems you are much closer than you really are and you start to worry that you are going to fly into the blades if you go any closer perspective is a deceptive thing when you are over a thousand feet away

I do know what you mean, I had to fly 2200 ft to get to those turbines, I was trying to get between them when the 3rd turbine become worrying close? pulled the drone back and just concentrated on the two in my photos. Those things are massive, you don’t realise how big they are until you’re next to them.

I had VLOS, only with the led’s but like what you said it was hard to judge the position on the drone from that distance. That’s the reason I didn’t use the 3rd battery.

yes i was writing my reply to you when your post came through didnt do pics just videos,flew 4 batts at 3 different locations bit windy but nothing the mav could not handle, got some great vids and have just been downloading them on to my computer i am getting more adventurous and going further afield to new places

Good man, glad you went out again today?? my normal fly zone is great but it’s started to get boring cos you’re flying over the same things all the time, that’s why I’ve also started travelling a bit to get different images and scenery. When you get a nice pic/vid it makes it worth it.

My day... upgraded all the firmware on the drone/controller and tested. Chilled with Mrs P, cleaned her car???? put more photos through post.

Plus started checking out more new places to fly via google earth. Still be doing more churches on my travels but now I want a new photo challenge, don’t know yet what to do but I’ll think of something.

I might go down to the Thames estuary and get some nice photos of large ships coming up the Thames.

Good man, glad you went out again today?? my normal fly zone is great but it’s started to get boring cos you’re flying over the same things all the time, that’s why I’ve also started travelling a bit to get different images and scenery. When you get a nice pic/vid it makes it worth it.

My day... upgraded all the firmware on the drone/controller and tested. Chilled with Mrs P, cleaned her car???? put more photos through post.

Plus started checking out more new places to fly via google earth. Still be doing more churches on my travels but now I want a new photo challenge, don’t know yet what to do but I’ll think of something.

I might go down to the Thames estuary and get some nice photos of large ships coming up the Thames.
the problem is that sometimes its just easier to go to a local spot,but then there is only so much to see,the main problem is time,although i have retired there are only so many hours in the day ,and life gets in the way. sometimes its really about getting the weather to cooperate, and time to be able to travel to different locations,

from time to time People chime in here because you started this post Porky about what your getting for christmas and get grumpy because it's not what they thought it was
Would you like To play whats in the Box.?
( tried this before on the Board and it was Deleated and I recieved a stern tounge lashing from the overlord)
and to have my post moved to off topic.?
Maybe we can play in your Thread
GUESS WHAT'S IN THE BOX.?
stdby....cR

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada