DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Are you getting any Christmas goody’s for your drone 2018

Well I can now say I had a fantastic time last night flying at the wind farm again, throughly enjoyed myself as always?

One thing I did notice was when those turbines were working, couldn’t believe how noisy then were but in a nice way, wind noise. It was quite relaxing in a way....
Hello my friend... missed this earlier... I have pondered what the velocity of the prop tips on these generators must be as they whizzed past.

Hello my friend... missed this earlier... I have pondered what the velocity of the prop tips on these generators must be as they whizzed past.

Could be the overall size of the props cutting through the air but it was a nice relaxing sound, not like our little drone buzzing about?

the problem is that sometimes its just easier to go to a local spot,but then there is only so much to see,the main problem is time,although i have retired there are only so many hours in the day ,and life gets in the way. sometimes its really about getting the weather to cooperate, and time to be able to travel to different locations,

Totally agree with you dad, I don’t spend a lot of time with Mrs P because of our work commitments so when we have free time together we make the most of it, doesn’t happen very often.

Our walk day last Friday, we were both up for it so together we we spent the whole day doing something different but..... my little drone came with us.

Convenient, yep my fly zone is about a 5 minute walk from me so i can pop down there at any time, love flying there but there’s only so many photos I can take in that location.

I just want to try different things, the wind farm is just a 15 minute drive from our house, we both jumped in the car, next thing we are there but when I travel to fly I take Mrs P with me so we are together as much as possible.

She loves it tooooooo, bless her???

Hi charlie, we’ve played this game on here before with ? quite a few times now so yeah let’s do it.

First thing, you ain’t given us any clues, only little ones... to what it could be?? but I’m going to say it must be drone related.. well it’s not something small like props or a controller so going by the size of the box, could it be a new drone?? I know you were talking about getting one a while back.

Any warmer?

My best one from the other evening at the farm, three turbines with blurred affect??

View attachment 70343

Love it! Beautiful composition and color. I may have to pinch this to use as my new screen saver! :) How did you get the blurred
effect ? ? I am not always a big fan of the effect but liked it on your wedding church photo and it looks great here on the spinning blades. Can you even get a little more blur? What are we talking here, ND 32? ?

Glad you had an enjoyable day with your son out law and grandson, weather has been perrrrrfect for flying.

I’m just getting ready to go and fly, leaving home about 7.30 pm. Should take about 15 mins to drive to the wind farm. Sunset here is 8.03pm plus half an hour for the sky to really pop.

Now this is gonna go two ways..... I’m using a ND 16 grad filter so should capture the turbines blurred, might look good or totally crap. I’ve set the drone up already so no prep work while onsite. Set the camera to take 3 photos (burst) so hopefully one photo should be good (in focus)?

I’ll let you know how I get on?

Ah the old ND 16 and three photo burst shot, eh? Interesting. What happens if you swap to ND 32? ? BTW, did you notice we have our own mascot: ?!

Reactions: Slim.slamma
Love it! Beautiful composition and color. I may have to pinch this to use as my new screen saver! :) How did you get the blurred
effect ? ? I am not always a big fan of the effect but liked it on your wedding church photo and it looks great here on the spinning blades. Can you even get a little more blur? What are we talking here, ND 32? ?

Thanks for your nice comment ?. The blurred affect was done via the filter I used, that slowed the shutter speed down hence why the blades are blurred. Nothing to do with post at all.

I used a ND 16 grad filter to get that affect plus as it was dusk I wanted to balance out the background/foreground to get an even look.

The outer edge of the photo is blurred which I did do in post, if you look more closely at it you’ll see what I done.??

Here’s the original photo with no post, straight from the memory card??

20956725-A083-4C3E-A073-86469F093527.jpeg

Ah the old ND 16 and three photo burst shot, eh? Interesting. What happens if you swap to ND 32? ? BTW, did you notice we have our own mascot: ?!

Ain’t got a clue what would happen if I swapped the filter to an ND 32, not got one to try? the highest I’ve got is an ND16 grad????

Reactions: Slim.slamma
Im not sure either....
View attachment 70346

But, I think this might be your ticket:
:
View attachment 70347

Polar Pro Mavic 2 Pro Cinema Series ND32 Filter, 5 Stops

This is really @Slim.slamma 's department though......

I looked at the grad ND filters from PP but thought they were a tad to expensive for what they are.

I’m trying the Skyreat filters out first then if I start to get results Mrs P said she would buy me the PP ones?

Oh I love that lady????. 4CCA88B6-4FC7-48EC-A291-D4272F650A67.png

I think the PP grad filter set that I was looking at went up to a 32 but I’m not 100% sure?

Dad did you fly today and more important, how are you??
yes last dry day,according to the forecast flew my 4 batts through the phantom 3 .the old girl still bombs around the sky like a good un,should be good for another months storage i am ok have been enjoying the nice weather hope you and yours are all ok,

yes last dry day,according to the forecast flew my 4 batts through the phantom 3 .the old girl still bombs around the sky like a good un,should be good for another months storage i am ok have been enjoying the nice weather hope you and yours are all ok,

Glad all is ok with you??yes you’re right, seems like tomorrow then for the rest of the week, crap weather cooler temps, rain and windy again?? back to normal here in the uk..

Not to sure when I’ll fly again but still doing loads of research for interesting places to fly.

Sorry porky
Not everyone is a fan I tried these
Earlier I like them because instead of looking down then looking up to find your bird is tricky with these you can see your bird without taking your eyes off flight app
Bought them from a memberIMG_20190422_170028.jpg
..cR

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
michalis