DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Are you getting any Christmas goody’s for your drone 2018

hi son been flying yet, weather here is wonderful, had a great day flying up the brecon beacons, flew at 4 different locations, took a couple of pics to put on the forum for you, have you watched the race yet, it was ok but the merc one two is getting a bit predictable now, hope your flying plans turn out ok,you can just see me by my car in the second picView attachment 72216View attachment 72217

Nice photos dad, yep I can see you/car/landing pad in pic 2? weather and scenery, 1st class ??

You’re definitely right about the weather, suns gonna be our friend for a while now. As we’ve got east winds, it’s going to stay a bit chilly my end, living so close to the east coast... but like what I said in my previous, I can live with that??

I got loads of pics from the other evening, when I’ve got 5 mins I’ll post them.

FDFCC0FE-01DB-449B-9C55-FE67017B9012.jpeg

Yep I watched it, not bad but I do agree with you about the mercs?? what’s happened to the Ferrari's..... new power unit but still lacking pace. Red bull and Verstappen done really well, he’ll defo be a world champ in the future.

My team McLaren are doing better this year, fourth in the constructors race.

Poor old Williams..... now they need to pull their socks up, always last at the mo, I hope bringing Patrick Head back in as a consultant will help the team move forward with performance, now he’s a bit of a wizard when it comes to aerodynamic, time will tell.?

No, not ill, just a bit sore from the big ride on the sound Saturday! ;) I will extract a few good pics from the gopro footage for you. Speaking of GP, l am fascinated by this rumor of new DJI action camera to challenge gopro. Can't wait to see whats coming! ?. And nice pics guys! ?

Sorry ?, I was just a little concerned that you might be poorly.... especially as you had a great weekend planned. Sounds a bit like me then when I went on my 15 mile walk......... poor old body didn’t know what had hit it?? glad you’re ok though??

I’m gonna stick with my GP, love the little action camera personally, my hero 6 black, cracking??

Here is a tug nestling up to barge stacked with crushed cars!
View attachment 72269

View attachment 72270

Now you know how to win my heart with photos ? tugs....... blimey.. how many crushed cars are on that barge??? I bet that tug manoeuvred that barge with no problems at all. I just love them.

Nice photos as always ?????

Edits look good! Thanks!

Glad you liked, I hope you didn’t mind? I tried crop right into the tug boat but it looked crap.... to much noise? you’d be able to do sooooooo much more with it if it was a raw file, plus I don’t have the original so it’s not to bad with what I had.

Last edited:
Dad, just love playing around with photos in post, hope you didn’t mind? Your scenery photo, I thought looked pretty good, oh I wish we had hills...??
the hills make for some good vistas but you have to be careful of good signal strength if you are low down,i would like to swap some of your flat parts for some of my hills,its hard work climbing up them these days though coming down is not so bad,one other thing is the mav is a bugger to see if it is flying below the skyline it blends in to the background scenery

the hills make for some good vistas but you have to be careful of good signal strength if you are low down,i would like to swap some of your flat parts for some of my hills,its hard work climbing up them these days though coming down is not so bad,one other thing is the mav is a bugger to see if it is flying below the skyline it blends in to the background scenery

Well have to meet halfway, say Swindon and fly together? I think it might be flattish for you and a bit hilly for me, there you go, a happy medium for both of us?

I just love your scenery there dad, I suppose you don’t think anything of it, just like I don’t with flat land.

I find the best time for me to fly is at dusk/dawn. I have no problem keeping an eye on my drone but through the day I have a total nightmare with VLOS. Think I’ve got to definitely invest in some Led’s, I love Msinger’s brackets for them but I’ll be tied down with the shipping cost??

Well have to meet halfway, say Swindon and fly together? I think it might be flattish for you and a bit hilly for me, there you go, a happy medium for both of us?

I just love your scenery there dad, I suppose you don’t think anything of it, just like I don’t with flat land.

I find the best time for me to fly is at dusk/dawn. I have no problem keeping an eye on my drone but through the day I have a total nightmare with VLOS. Think I’ve got to definitely invest in some Led’s, I love Msinger’s brackets for them but I’ll be tied down with the shipping cost??
i guess if you are mainly doing video as i am,then i am keeping a constant eye on the mav as i fly around ,with you i can imagine you spend more time looking at your screen composing your shot,and it is very difficult sometimes to spot the mav after looking back up from the screen

?right, when taking pics, you do spend more time looking at the screen, it’s a bloody nightmare trying to relocate it. That’s one good thing having Mrs P there, she’s got a constant eye on the drone while I’m fiddling on the screen.

It is funny though, I’ll say to her where is it, she points to it and say, there.... but I can’t bloody see the thing????

But dusk/dawn, no problems.

?right, when taking pics, you do spend more time looking at the screen, it’s a bloody nightmare trying to relocate it. That’s one good thing having Mrs P there, she’s got a constant eye on the drone while I’m fiddling on the screen.

It is funny though, I’ll say to her where is it, she points to it and say, there.... but I can’t bloody see the thing????

But dusk/dawn, no problems.
sometimes when mine is out in the sticks at 1000 ft plus i struggle to pick it out from the floaters,i end up with multiple mavs flying around and its worse if its bright sun,i just turn for home and wait and see which one gets larger

sometimes when mine is out in the sticks at 1000 ft plus i struggle to pick it out from the floaters,i end up with multiple mavs flying around and its worse if its bright sun,i just turn for home and wait and see which one gets larger

lmao, I know where you’re coming from, ain’t got no “floaters” yet but no doubt I will??

Last edited:
This is a little island that can pop up or disappear with the tide a few hundred yards away. I am thinking about going Mars Rover and trying to land the Mavic on it. Seems pretty smooth and level in that one part. What do you think? Maybe I should use Miss ?'s MP 1 to test? ?

This is a little island that can pop up or disappear with the tide a few hundred yards away. I am thinking about going Mars Rover and trying to land the Mavic on it. Seems pretty smooth and level in that one part. What do you think? Maybe I should use Miss ?'s MP 1 to test? ?

View attachment 72336

Right hand side definitely looks flat enough to land but I would fly there first, descend to about 5ish ft then look around before you try. Definitely try it first with Miss ? drone before you take your zoom out.

I have seen a YT vid where someone lands there drone on top of a chimney stack, just had a quick look, can’t find it??

On second thoughts ? don’t do it, it’s not worth the risk?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mrose