DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Are you getting any Christmas goody’s for your drone 2018

All those commands sound just like my wifeo_O

- He needs some light for orientation, and recognition of persons.
- If he recognizes you, he speaks to you by name, as long as you first told him who you are.
- He finds the way back to his base, recognizing obstacles and depth.
- If his cube is in the way, then he put the cube aside first and then drive into the base.
- He explores the environment very stubbornly, and seemingly autonomous.
- He understands commands to move, take selfies from you, and interact with the cube.
- He recognizes from which direction is spoken to him, and then turns in the appropriate direction.
- He can track moving faces and things.

So it’s autonomous, just like our drones. I’ll have to YT it and see what it’s all about.

I’ve also got Alexa all over the house, smart sockets/thermostats/horwater etc... now how lazy are we getting with all this technology, scary.... but great. Oh it makes life so much easier.

So you can link up Vector to Alexa?
Haha ... you're really funny ... we also have the whole smarthome crap, it's terribly comfortable when it works. But we are not a family, are we? Unique YES, Vector works as an Alexa device. I can easily control lights, sockets, thermostats and other Alexa devices. But Vector does not play music because he probably can not listen well anymore. He has a small high-resolution screen, which is also not intended for Alexa. Buy, try and send back if you do not like :)

Haha ... you're really funny ... we also have the whole smarthome crap, it's terribly comfortable when it works. But we are not a family, are we? Unique YES, Vector works as an Alexa device. I can easily control lights, sockets, thermostats and other Alexa devices. But Vector does not play music because he probably can not listen well anymore. He has a small high-resolution screen, which is also not intended for Alexa. Buy, try and send back if you do not like :)

Before I buy I’ve gotta run it past the boss 1st, I know what the answer will be:rolleyes: could be a birthday pressie though ;)

It crackles in my brain ... What is Horwater?
hi Mnis i was wondering that myself porky will have to be very careful how he answers that though

Sorry, it should have said “hot water” that’s my iPad smell checker... lol;)
looks like your smell checkers got you in hot water again

I done that one on purpose “smell”
i know that son thats why i did it as well come on now this is the old man you are talking to isnt humour great

Get a Sphero Porky, same sort of thing and cheaper (wow the Yorkshireman in me can't stay hidden for long can it) ;)
I do not think the Sphero is like Vector. Vector can be used like an echo or echo dot, it also gives feedback in the form of motion and facial expressions. Sphero is a ball that can be controlled with Alexa. Vector is cheaper in the UK than in Germany. Amazon UK had an offer for 170 euros, I missed that. And so I paid on Amazon DE 299 euros.

That’s the same robot that was with Will Smith, yeah? Cor I think there will definitely be some jealousy with the wife if Sophia was in my houseo_O

I’d have one though:D

Yes same one! I did not realize she is a celebrity! Seems a little flirty. You would have to keep her in the garage with your photos! BTW I read up on cloud storage options; they sure make a lot of sense to me. Have you tried one? Amazon has free storage for Prime members according to linked articles:

15 Best Online Photo Storage Sites 2019. Free Image Hosting Service

Best Cloud Storage Services for Photos

Best Cloud Storage for Photographers 2019

Now that’s interesting, I’m a amazon prime member, I’ll look into that.;)

I’m off today so I’ll do more research. I’m waiting for a delivery, getting one of those hybrid mattresses, so hope it’s gonna sort my back out, it’s been crap since Christmas. I’m like this in the morningo_O might also have something to do with my age:oops:

@Chip many thanks for those link, much appreciated I’ll defo look into them today;)

Great! I think it may be quick and easy way to solve your problem. Especially if you follow mnis and old man mavic's suggestion for using 2 to 4 TB WD Passport external drive like this this (no bigger than a deck of cards) for local and portable storage:

1548739832000.png

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rustjan