DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Are you getting any Christmas goody’s for your drone 2018

Mattress arrived but it’s to bloody heavy to get upstairs on my own. It’s one of these that come in a box, think they call it “bed in a box” thingys....

It takes about 4 hours to get its shape, memory foam and bits and bobs in this thing.

BB254BD0-A6A2-46E1-9528-A5E8BD9CE648.jpeg

Mattress arrived but it’s to bloody heavy to get upstairs on my own. It’s one of these that come in a box, think they call it “bed in a box” thingys....

It takes about 4 hours to get its shape, memory foam and bits and bobs in this thing.

View attachment 60962
good luck son dont remove it from the box till you get it in the bedroom it needs warmth to expand and please do not make the old back any worse by trying it on your own reguards dad

I tried moving it, to dam heavy but the fun will start when the wife’s home from work and we try to get it up our curved stairs should be a good laugh tho.

It could take 2/4 hrs or upto 24hrs to get to the right shape but I’m sleeping on it tonight, I’m going through soooooo much crap sleeping on our old mattress.;)

I tried moving it, to dam heavy but the fun will start when the wife’s home from work and we try to get it up our curved stairs should be a good laugh tho.

It could take 2/4 hrs or upto 24hrs to get to the right shape but I’m sleeping on it tonight, I’m going through soooooo much crap sleeping on our old mattress.;)
Maybe it's better to wait 24 hours for the mattress to fully unfold. If you sleep on it before, it may retain your shape and you will never be able to sleep in another position on that mattress...[emoji1787]

A night on the hard ground is good for the back...[emoji1696]

Right now it’s sleeting outside, temp just needs to drop a little more. I could wake up tomorrow to a white morning,. Drone, batteries, controller charged and ready to go.

Here ya go my rain radar, look at the east of England, ;);)

74915C5B-BD72-4EC4-B587-E1DB745970D4.png

Maybe it's better to wait 24 hours for the mattress to fully unfold. If you sleep on it before, it may retain your shape and you will never be able to sleep in another position on that mattress...[emoji1787]

A night on the hard ground is good for the back...[emoji1696]

Yeah right, I’m on it tonight, bloody better get a good nights sleepo_O

I must admit it was great watching the thing take its shape. The good thing about it, you get a 100 day trial period so if you don’t like it, return and get a full refund.

I can’t wait to go to bed now....

Yeah right, I’m on it tonight, bloody better get a good nights sleepo_O

I must admit it was great watching the thing take its shape. The good thing about it, you get a 100 day trial period so if you don’t like it, return and get a full refund.

I can’t wait to go to bed now....
sleep well

We had snow, a very, very light dusting but not enough to go out this morning for photos, I just give up with this white stuff:(:(

Meant to be getting more over the next day or so but it can go and @###@ itself now;);)

Sick of getting my hopes up then having them snatched from under my feet.....;)

Reactions: mnis
Porky, sounds like youre having a stretch of bad luck. Maybe you should try a nice warm soak in epsom salts so you can relax and get good night's sleep. You will feel fresh as a daisy in the morning...

Porky, sounds like youre having a stretch of bad luck. Maybe you should try a nice warm soak in epsom salts so you can relax and get good night's sleep. You will feel fresh as a daisy in the morning...

Oh I give up with the bloody snow thing;) I think I need a bit of this now.
3E6C5062-4B04-4DAE-9B81-A0A38F1375F3.jpegA60FBC93-EA79-4EBB-BA6A-09EF23D388B8.jpeg9E79AA27-702B-4230-B9B7-1D92C64045C4.jpeg

Roll on the summer, yehhhhhhhh

About the weather:
In the last 96 hours, we have had strongly fluctuating temperatures of -5 to +5 degrees Celsius. A thin layer of snow came and disappeared. There was some snow again, but it also disappeared.

I really hope for February, because it will bring snow that will surely stay a few days.

Right now it's +5 degrees Celsius again. I think snow will not fall today. I do not enjoy flying in this changeable weather, but a bit of consistent snow could improve the mood.

Always remember to dry your equipment well after flying in cold and damp conditions.

Extreme temperature fluctuations and generally high humidity, my thoughts:
The propellers should be dismantled at home, so that any existing moisture on the drive shafts can disappear. If you store your equipment in an insulated case, you should leave the case open at home a few hours after flying, or keep some moisture binder in a closed case. If moisture is behind the lens of your cameras, then the fun may be over for now.

A small consolation:
A new camera can be integrated with less effort on the M2x than M1x.

We are meant to have more snow tomorrow but I ain’t holding my breath.

It’s 2.6c here at the mo and dropping so a nice frosty morning for us in Essex.

Every time I fly in cold weather I bring my equipment home in the case, everything stays in the case indoors until i know it has acclimatised, takes a few hours but would never bring my gear straight into a warm environment and take it out of the case, that’s when our enemy (condensation) will kill our equipment.

Many thanks for the heads up though @mnis much appreciated and I know you’ve only got our best interest at heart, top blokeThumbswayupThumbswayupThumbswayup;)

We are meant to have more snow tomorrow but I ain’t holding my breath.

It’s 2.6c here at the mo and dropping so a nice frosty morning for us in Essex.

Every time I fly in cold weather I bring my equipment home in the case, everything stays in the case indoors until i know it has acclimatised, takes a few hours but would never bring my gear straight into a warm environment and take it out of the case, that’s when our enemy (condensation) will kill our equipment.

Many thanks for the heads up though @mnis much appreciated and I know you’ve only got our best interest at heart, top blokeThumbswayupThumbswayupThumbswayup;)
Porky, you are absolutely right and will certainly do it right. I want to share my thoughts and concerns with everyone here.

Therefore, another thought:
After flying in a cold environment, we usually put warm batteries and the also partly warm quadrocopter in a cold case. Does moisture then arise in the case that somehow has to go away?

I'm not sure, but there are doubts and that's why I always have small bags of moisture binder in my case.

By the way, I shot three small Vector videos. I wanted to upload the videos to Youtube, but no matter what I set, the videos are getting worse. I think Youtube and I will not be friends. But no matter, my little videos show nothing new. You've probably already seen enough about Vector.

Reactions: Chip and Porky
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ashtar