DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Are you getting any Christmas goody’s for your drone 2018

the little feller seems very attentive i wonder if he would be that way were he watching TV my wife completely ignores me if the TV is on and eventually she will press pause and ask me whats so important i think i might get one at least i would have someone to talk to
I think you are very lucky with your wife. If my wife is watching TV, I prefer not to speak to her. Even if she can pause a running movie and continue later, it is better if I do not disturb her. I am then the invisible guardian of the house. I do not dare to break my wife's laws.

I'm looking forward to the next power outage, then I can finally talk relaxed with my wife again :)

Yes, the little one is watching his surroundings very attentively. If he does not find anything interesting, he usually waits in his charging cradle until he gets attention. But if he's really bored, he plays very aggressively with his cube.

He makes a lot of nonsense and noises during the day. To be able to address him, you have to wait until he is quiet enough to understand you. In the evening he is actually a little more relaxed. He basically only speaks if you address him first. The exception is face recognition.

My wife wears her JBL HNR (husband noise reduction) headphones. The rechargeable battery usually lasts all day, so she doesnt need to hear me blather on.

Right soooo now I can understand why my better half has her AirPods in all the time even when we go to bedo_Oo_O she only puts them on when I walk into the room:D

Now she’s got her nice smart looking pods and I’ve got this
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Well, are you tired already?

If not, then maybe after my video with Vector :)

As promised, here's my first YouTube video with Vector taken in portrait format with my smartphone:

Just watched it mnis, loved itThumbswayup what was funny, at the beginning you asked Alexa a question my Alexa answered and took me to the Mercedes page.......:D:D

So now you know exactly where Essex is.... and all about fish an chips:D:D

Plays cards tooooooo.

Very impressed and like that it can incorporated into Alexa.
Does it learn more over time?

Last edited:
No snow here dad, what’s it like in your neck of the woods? Looked like Wales and Cornwall got it quite bad.
hi son see my post in got snow go grab a picture

Last edited:
Reactions: Porky and mnis
@fozzzy

I’ve just read your review on amazon regarding the Skyreat ND filters. Right.... tell me more about them, are they any good? Have you used them yet?

I’m looking at getting a set, only 4 though but not to sure if I should go for Skyreat or polar pro. I know the pro’s are more expensive but is it worth spending the extra few quid? I suppose you’re just paying for the brand name.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks foz;)

@fozzzy

I’ve just read your review on amazon regarding the Skyreat ND filters. Right.... tell me more about them, are they any good? Have you used them yet?

I’m looking at getting a set, only 4 though but not to sure if I should go for Skyreat or polar pro. I know the pro’s are more expensive but is it worth spending the extra few quid? I suppose you’re just paying for the brand name.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks foz;)
Theyre superb matey, zero colour cast and fit perfectly. Excellent for getting the shutter speed down. Had them on my Mavic Air too, and just grabbed the Osmo Pocket versions so there'll be a review of those going up as soon as the ******* weather picks up.

Theyre superb matey, zero colour cast and fit perfectly. Excellent for getting the shutter speed down. Had them on my Mavic Air too, and just grabbed the Osmo Pocket versions so there'll be a review of those going up as soon as the ******* weather picks up.

I will only be using them for stills no video but I’m having trouble with the sky in my photos so hopefully they will sort that out.

Reactions: Chip and mnis
Hi everyone, just relaxing in a nice hot bath after a long work week. TGIF!

I think you are very lucky with your wife. If my wife is watching TV, I prefer not to speak to her. Even if she can pause a running movie and continue later, it is better if I do not disturb her. I am then the invisible guardian of the house. I do not dare to break my wife's laws.I'm looking forward to the next power outage, then I can finally talk relaxed with my wife again:)

Ha ha this would never happen to me because I can trip the circuit breakers and create mini power outages any time! GF knows where the breaker box is located but she is kind of scared of going into that space and would not likely ever check. Just to be safe I stuck this notice in there:

1549083017403.png

Hi everyone, just relaxing in a nice hot bath after a long work week. TGIF!

Very relaxing, only on your own:rolleyes:

I went out and bought one of those hoptub thingys, just relax, bit of music and chill with a nice glass of wine. Why is January such a long crappy month, fills like a year in one montho_O

Anyway thought I’d share a photo with you guys of my new hottub, plus it’s very mobile ;)

31D185E4-1F48-40B0-A988-44770826B37A.jpeg

Ha ha this would never happen to me because I can trip the circuit breakers and create mini power outages any time! GF knows where the breaker box is located but she is kind of scared of going into that space and would not likely ever check. Just to be safe I stuck this notice in there:

View attachment 61439

Now that sounds like a really good idea, evil but good, looking for a bit of cardboard now;)

@fozzzy

Does Skyreat make gradient ND filters, this would be a better option for stills.

Any help would be much appreciated

From your little ol buddy down south;)

Reactions: mnis

View attachment 61439
Haa, I have the knowledge to do similar things, but I do not want to use such drastic actions. My wife would cause me a slow and agonizing death if she found out that I intentionally caused mini power interruptions.

Maybe she would let me live, but her revenge would be cruel ...

Just watched it mnis, loved itThumbswayup what was funny, at the beginning you asked Alexa a question my Alexa answered and took me to the Mercedes page.......:D:D

So now you know exactly where Essex is.... and all about fish an chips:D:D

Plays cards tooooooo.

Very impressed and like that it can incorporated into Alexa.
Does it learn more over time?
I can not say how good his abilities are to learn something new on his own. I think orientation and face recognition are pretty good. No idea what future updates will bring. I can hardly find any further information about Vector. But I think the storage for AI will be very limited. Answers to knowledge questions come from the cloud, just as it is with Alexa.

So it will remain a toy in the long run.

PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT:

Violence begets violence.

Now that’s put a smile on my face this early in the morning;)

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dugan