DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Are you getting any Christmas goody’s for your drone 2018

I tried chip, you won;)

Chip why you not in your pit, must be late there;)

LOL. :) Its 10:40 pm here so yes will be hitting the hay shortly. But first my report: Flew one battery today total overcast sky but had fun. I seldom use any filter other than circular polarizer. Looked at my 3 piece polar pro set though when I got home and it recommended the ND 8 for overcast sky so maybe its worth trying. Its photography 101 but I am still trying to truly understand this relationship between shutter speed and frame rate. Did you use any filter on #1333 or other evening shots?

Sorry to digress, but have you guys ever seen one of these paper airplane competitions? Listen to this announcer get into it at 30 second mark...wow imagine if significant other got that much out of watching you fly by with your mavic! :p

Paper plane flyers compete in world championships - video

On the #1333 blurry shot I was using a GND 4 gradient filter. The other night photo I was using an GND 8 gradient filter. I’m in the same boat as you regarding the understanding of shutter speed and aperture settings with these filters. Hopefully we will get to grips with it. Did you know polar pro have an app out that helps ya with the right settings, it’s called polar pro capture perfection, still ain’t got a clue......:D

Sorry forgot to say, loved the paper plane comp,

Yeah it would be nice to see some of your vids dadThumbswayup lets see some of that welsh countryside ;)
i dont use any of the social media sites and once when i tried to show some video on here it would let me post it said to big so what i will try to do once the weather gets better is start to take some pics at different places and then i can put them on to show you

Chip, did you have a look at the polar pro app I mentioned?

Once we understand all about shutter speeds and all that stuff, we should be good to go, well:rolleyes::rolleyes:

mnis, I like these hard cases which have secure space for all the little bits and bobs. BUT, I thought you said you would be travelling light on your next bicycle trip...I am once again worried you are forgetting the pedal back with all your gear if e-bike battery fails.... :oops:

View attachment 64160
I have to admit, your concern caused me a great panic.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

My heart began to race, and I transpired on unfamiliar areas of my body. I had not thought of anything like too much weight at all.

I was desperately looking for my good old and high-precision digital gold scale that can handle a maximum of 15 kilograms :)

The analysis took a while because there was a period of exhaustion,

but now it is clear. All DJI stuff including cases, which I would like to take along on the next trip, currently weighs less than 7.5 kilograms (DOP case = 1.070g / 6-Batt-Case = 2.158g / M1P-Case 4.288g). A fourth case will include some camera accessories (tripod, etc.) and Mavic accessories (propellers, etc.), but that's guaranteed to weigh less than 1000g.

I think as long as everything weighs less than 10 kilograms, I'll be fine with it.

Well, for a few flights nearby, I'm only traveling with the Mavic Case. But I love being able to grab the right case for any purpose at any time :)

Last edited:
Chip, did you have a look at the polar pro app I mentioned?

Once we understand all about shutter speeds and all that stuff, we should be good to go, well:rolleyes::rolleyes:

No, I have not checked out the app yet but I will do so tonight! Lot of depth to this hobby which is one reason I like it! I just went through my Mavic shoebox and inventoried all the ND filters I forgot I had! In addition to the polar pros I have a set of four Bowers, ND 4, 8, 16, and another circular polarizer. Happily, I have a little soft pouch AND metal tin to store or carry them in my pocket or in my Smatree soft case! :) They came with a little cheat sheet explaining when to use them similar to the one from polar pro below:

1551161077697.png

1551161099721.png

So, time for a little study! However, I will be honest and say I have some doubt these little doohickeys will make noticeable difference to me but it will be fun to experiment.

Last night I was referring to using filter to create proper ratio of shutter speed to frame rate for best video but is this chart not also used for photos? Here is some inspiration from the photo quote thread:

Taking pictures is savoring life intensely, every hundredth of a second.” ― Marc Riboud

PS: Great post mnis, youre killing me with the muppets!

@Chip ... I had to replace the panicky Muppet unfortunately, the GIF was not displayed and remained as LINK. Oh, I'm also seriously thinking about getting started with the filters.

@Porky ... There is no planned trip at the moment, but I think we will probably go on a little trip for a week between April and May.

@OMM ... If you can get the contents of your Mavic memory card on the PC, then an upload to Vimeo or YT would be no big deal. I did not think it was that easy :)

No, I have not checked out the app yet but I will do so tonight! Lot of depth to this hobby which is one reason I like it! I just went through my Mavic shoebox and inventoried all the ND filters I forgot I had! In addition to the polar pros I have a set of four Bowers, ND 4, 8, 16, and another circular polarizer. Happily, I have a little soft pouch AND metal tin to store or carry them in my pocket or in my Smatree soft case! :) They came with a little cheat sheet explaining when to use them similar to the one from polar pro below:

View attachment 64264

View attachment 64265

So, time for a little study! However, I will be honest and say I have some doubt these little doohickeys will make noticeable difference to me but it will be fun to experiment.

Last night I was referring to using filter to create proper ratio of shutter speed to frame rate for best video but is this chart not also used for photos? Here is some inspiration from the photo quote thread:

Taking pictures is savoring life intensely, every hundredth of a second.” ― Marc Riboud

PS: Great post mnis, youre killing me with the muppets!

Now that’s a very interesting chart chip, I wonder if that does refer to stills as well as videos.

The filters for me aren’t making any difference.... I suppose it’s because I don’t know how to use them properly at the mo..

Now that’s a very interesting chart chip, I wonder if that does refer to stills as well as videos.

The filters for me aren’t making any difference.... I suppose it’s because I don’t know how to use them properly at the mo..

We need some schooling, fozzy, slim, anyone?

We need some schooling, fozzy, slim, anyone?

I was looking on YT for vids on how to setup shutter speed/aperture, etc for the drone but all I could find was setting it up for the standard DSLR camera. I know we are meant to take a reading from the sky then the same for the ground, then I’m lost.....

You should of done the guessing thing again, to late now.....;)
I am currently buying soo many little things regarding DOP and M1P, I think the many puzzles would go beyond the scope here :)))

I just can not stop, constantly I find something interesting that I would like to try. In fact, there is not enough time at all ...

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mikair3