DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Are you getting any Christmas goody’s for your drone 2018

hi son me to, had a lifes good day flying ,took my grandson up the common with the x16 x21 we flew 9 3c batts between us ,he is getting very good at controlling the drone ,i am getting him to land manually rather than use RTH.and fly fig of 8s all that flying and no mishaps the batts last about 12 yo 15 mins so not to bad.then at 4-30 pm went up Penalta Park to catch the sunset pics to follow if they came out hope you have a good flight View attachment 64362View attachment 64364View attachment 64365View attachment 64366View attachment 64367View attachment 64368View attachment 64368View attachment 64367View attachment 64366View attachment 64365View attachment 64364View attachment 64362View attachment 64369

Nice to hear you had good time with grandson. I have very fond memories of my grandfather who took me on fun outings many years ago. Like the landscape and sunset. I have a few like this where I am shooting directly into setting sun although through more haze. I will put a few up because I am wondering if these sunset shots might be classic condition for ND filter? Also, have you noticed the horseshoe crop circles all over the place? Freaky...could be ET better keep eyes peeled.

1551337763715.png

Nice to hear you had good time with grandson. I have very fond memories of my grandfather who took me on fun outings many years ago. Like the landscape and sunset. I have a few like this where I am shooting directly into setting sun although through more haze. I will put a few up because I am wondering if these sunset shots might be classic condition for ND filter? Also, have you noticed the horseshoe crop circles all over the place? Freaky...could be ET better keep eyes peeled.

View attachment 64440
Hi chip yes they are meant to be horse shoe shapes they were put there ,it is an old coal tip and the park was built as a memorial to the mine and miners who worked there there is a pit pony carved into the ground in relief and it is depicted galloping hence the horse shoe shapes

Heres the test vid from last week, should be a great place to fly when the lightings right. There was a mad mist coming in from the east but I kinda liked it : no colour profiles or correction)let me know your thoughts gents.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Last edited:
hi son me to, had a lifes good day flying ,took my grandson up the common with the x16 x21 we flew 9 3c batts between us ,he is getting very good at controlling the drone ,i am getting him to land manually rather than use RTH.and fly fig of 8s all that flying and no mishaps the batts last about 12 yo 15 mins so not to bad.then at 4-30 pm went up Penalta Park to catch the sunset pics to follow if they came out hope you have a good flight View attachment 64362View attachment 64364View attachment 64365View attachment 64366View attachment 64367View attachment 64368View attachment 64368View attachment 64367View attachment 64366View attachment 64365View attachment 64364View attachment 64362View attachment 64369

Love them dad, we must of been flying at about the same time;) you better watch out, your grandson will soon be showing you how to fly, cor those youngsters pick up things soooooooo easily:rolleyes:

Nice photos though dad and thanks for sharing, top blokeThumbswayup

Here you go, mine from last night, didn’t get my “reflections” shot I was hoping for, the river was like glass but hardly any light reflections.... gutted:rolleyes:

Here’s the link to my photos;) Sunset pics

Last edited:
Heres the test vid from last week, should be a great place to fly when the lightings right. There was a mad mist coming in from the east but I kinda liked it : no colour profiles or correction)let me know your thoughts gents.

Foz, now that’s the dogs dangley bits, love it, the scenery.... something special ;), crackingThumbswayup

Now that’s how to do a video, thanks for posting buddy, top bloke;)

Foz, now that’s the dogs dangley bits, love it, the scenery.... something special ;), crackingThumbswayup

Now that’s how to do a video, thanks for posting buddy, top bloke;)
Just waiting on a sunset thats worthy as theres a castle up there too hidden in the mist so ill be back (now I know where its is) bit concerned how the mist seemed to cause banding in the eastbound shots on my lappy but playsback perfectly on 4k tv. Did anyone else notice it???

Just waiting on a sunset thats worthy as theres a castle up there too hidden in the mist so ill be back (now I know where its is) bit concerned how the mist seemed to cause banding in the eastbound shots on my lappy but playsback perfectly on 4k tv. Did anyone else notice it???

I’ll have another look foz;)

Beautiful scenery @old man mavic ... I love these reflections. Coincidence or not, you had a smiley with you. I have allowed myself to highlight this from your material. And I would be very happy if you show us some more of your pictures at some point :)20190228_004328.jpeg

Oh, I really enjoyed your obviously first YT video. For me, it looks cinematic. I especially liked flying along the bridge. I wish I had already progressed so far ... I could only watch it in Full HD (still not interested in 4K) ...

Beautiful scenery @old man mavic ... I love these reflections. Coincidence or not, you had a smiley with you. I have allowed myself to highlight this from your material. And I would be very happy if you show us some more of your pictures at some point :)View attachment 64502
thanks son no 2 they are not really that good but i enjoyed taking them they are straight off the card from the mav got some nice video as well

thanks son no 2 they are not really that good but i enjoyed taking them they are straight off the card from the mav got some nice video as well
Oh dad, no thoughts from me about the quality of every shots...

I think you had a wonderful flight day with your grandson, that's more important than anything else :)

If I am traveling with friends or my wife to fly with the Mavic, then it is primarily about the experience of flying. But I let the camera run with every flight, and later transfer the videos at home from the memory card to the PC.

Sure, I'll save all the videos, but I do not want to spend much time editing video.

When the memory of a great flight fades, then I look at the video again, but that's all I'm doing with it.

So I have a lot of videos from my past flights, which a sophisticated filmmaker calls crap :))

Am I worried about that? No!

Enjoy every flight and nature, that's all I say :)

I think you had a wonderful flight day with your grandson, that's more important than anything else :)

If I am traveling with friends or my wife to fly with the Mavic, then it is primarily about the experience of flying. But I let the camera run with every flight, and later transfer the videos at home from the memory card to the PC.

Sure, I'll save all the videos, but I do not want to spend much time editing video.

When the memory of a great flight fades, then I look at the video again, but that's all I'm doing with it.

So I have a lot of videos from my past flights, which a sophisticated filmmaker calls crap :))

just like me the flying is the great part and the videos are a bonus and as you say it is a memory in pictures

Chip, you taken any photos lately, how you getting on with the filters? I’m now going to try them through the day, think I’ve now exhausted sunrise/set photos so now just normal scenery photos. Might Take a look at panorama shots, tried it before but had no luck.

Totally agree with your comment mnis, I’ve got so many photos that I will keep, can’t beat reminiscing over photos/videos that have been archived on the PC. It’s grear looking back over them and saying “ do you remember that one” and the little story behind it.

I’ve got soooooo many 35mm photos that I had printed years ago, my wife and I always chuckle looking back at them, yeah all crap but so many good memories;)

Hi chip yes they are meant to be horse shoe shapes they were put there ,it is an old coal tip and the park was built as a memorial to the mine and miners who worked there there is a pit pony carved into the ground in relief and it is depicted galloping hence the horse shoe shapes

OMG are you kidding me? What an awesome place to fly! Thumbswayup You have a lot to work with here as a photographer and great mining story to boot. :) Thanks for sharing that I enjoyed reading up on the history.

1551417377647.png

Now that’s a cracking photo;)

Some kid probably took it on a Tello! What is funny to me is that Dad described the horse so simply like it was nothing special compared to the shoes:

...there is a pit pony carved into the ground in relief and it is depicted galloping hence the horse shoe shapes...

:)

Very nice! Great subject, music and editing. Especially liked the grand shots and music at 18 secs and 58 secs! The mist adds to it I think. Thumbswayup Id go back regularly throughout year and take some of the same shots to get that time lapse look at the structure (or part of structure) going through the seasons.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Wiz4rd