DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Are you getting any Christmas goody’s for your drone 2018

Don't forget that whatever settings you choose, shutter speed, aperture and iso is always going to be a a trade off, just because your exposure is set at zero and supposedly perfect, doesn't mean thats the right exposure for the shot your after.

Edit: The Sweet spot for the aperture is f4.0 on mine so that takes the aperture almost out of the equation. Iso at 100 if poss and adjust shutter speed to get the exposure your after.

Last edited:
Dad can’t you try reducing the file size down a bit, might work;)
ok i will see what the max it will let me post and try some of the shorter clips

Edit: The Sweet spot for the aperture is f4.0 on mine so that takes the aperture almost out of the equation. Iso at 100 if poss and adjust shutter speed to get the exposure your after.

I normally have mine set to f4/4.5, iOS is always on 100 then adjust the shutter speed for my dusk/dawn shots, still crap though:D:D

Just need to understand how to setup own drones using filters;)

Currently I'm testing a very compact photography Fill Light with built-in battery, from MOMAN for my DOP ... soo hui SMART the thing ... :))20190226_181458.jpg20190226_181427.jpg

Last edited:
Oh, there are so many good reports, I can not beat that. But if I had an M2P, then I would look for MAS Porky :)

So what benefits do you get with those props over the standard Dji props?

Longer fly time?, quieter, etc

Would be interested then I’ll research them,;)

Cheers mnisThumbswayup

Currently I'm testing a very compact photography Fill Light with built-in battery, from MOMAN for my DOP ... soo hui SMART the thing ... :))View attachment 64288View attachment 64289

That looks interesting mnisThumbswayup does it attach to the dop or is it standalone?

Fozzzys got a dop, you guys may be able to throw ideas at each other;)

despite all the wonderful info about MAS props which i am sure are very good , i will be sticking to my original mavic platinum props dont see the need to change whats not broke i have flown over 15 hrs on the same set inspect them before each take off and they are still good it's a personal choice which props you use

That looks interesting mnisThumbswayup does it attach to the dop or is it standalone?

Fozzzys got a dop, you guys may be able to throw ideas at each other;)
The MOMAN camera light is universally usable, it has two 1/4 "camera threads on two sides.
- 3 hours charging time via USB TypeC
- Maximum 17 hours runtime at 5% brightness (@ 100% about 1hr).
- Built-in 3.7v 2900mAh Li-ion (Interchangeable behind screwed cover).
- It's smaller than a smartphone and almost as flat.
- It's completely made of metal, and has a magnetic back.
- The brightness goes up in 1% increments from 5 to 100%.
- The color temperature goes from 3500 to 5700K in 100K increments.
- The beam angle is 120 degrees.
- At each selected setting, the OLED display on the back panel also displays the estimated remaining battery life.

Most importantly for me:
Based on size (116x72,5x10,5mm) and weight (148g), it is extremely bright with about 600 lumens :)

For the DOP, I will put together something from the photo accessories for one-handed operation. And if the whole thing becomes impractical, then I construct my very special "DOP * Plus Holder", made by mnis :)

I know @fozzzy has a DOP, but what could he learn from me? I would have many questions about photography, etc. that he could answer, but I think it would be more one-sided. I do not want to steal anyone's time, and I'm mainly a DIY idiot ... incorrigible ... I call the emergency call whenever it's too late :)

Oh @Porky ... I think your M2P does not need master airscrews. This Mavic is said to be the quietest aircraft from DJI and is very stable with the original propellers in the air. Noise and stability can be improved on the M1P with MAS, and probably no upgrade could do the same for the M2P ...

But as the Wise Old Man Mavic Dad already mentioned ...
... WOMM D :)) said: The choice of propellers is a personal choice...20190226_224407.jpg

Last edited:
The MOMAN camera light is universally usable, it has two 1/4 "camera threads on two sides.
- 3 hours charging time via USB TypeC
- Maximum 17 hours runtime at 5% brightness (@ 100% about 1hr).
- Built-in 3.7v 2900mAh Li-ion (Interchangeable behind screwed cover).
- It's smaller than a smartphone and almost as flat.
- It's completely made of metal, and has a magnetic back.
- The brightness goes up in 1% increments from 5 to 100%.
- The color temperature goes from 3500 to 5700K in 100K increments.
- The beam angle is 120 degrees.
- At each selected setting, the OLED display on the back panel also displays the estimated remaining battery life.

Most importantly for me:
Based on size (116x72,5x10,5mm) and weight (148g), it is extremely bright with about 600 lumens :)

For the DOP, I will put together something from the photo accessories for one-handed operation. And if the whole thing becomes impractical, then I construct my very special "DOP * Plus Holder", made by mnis :)

Good write up mnis;)
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Going out flying shortly, last chance to get my reflection shot. Weathers changing here tomorrow so hope it pays off for me tonight.

Weather, warm/sunny with no wind.

Fingers crossed ;);)
hi son me to, had a lifes good day flying ,took my grandson up the common with the x16 x21 we flew 9 3c batts between us ,he is getting very good at controlling the drone ,i am getting him to land manually rather than use RTH.and fly fig of 8s all that flying and no mishaps the batts last about 12 yo 15 mins so not to bad.then at 4-30 pm went up Penalta Park to catch the sunset pics to follow if they came out hope you have a good flight DJI_0011.JPGDJI_0020.JPGDJI_0025.JPGDJI_0028.JPGDJI_0041.JPGDJI_0047.JPGDJI_0047.JPGDJI_0041.JPGDJI_0028.JPGDJI_0025.JPGDJI_0020.JPGDJI_0011.JPGDJI_0046.JPG

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mikair3