DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Are you getting any Christmas goody’s for your drone 2018

Pr
Where’s dad gone?
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Probably not into all the boat talk
Not taken with my Mavic
Just a grey market phone (ZTE)
...cR

Attachments

• IMG_20190403_120255.jpg
    IMG_20190403_120255.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 9
A short story ...
Yesterday I had a very long walk of over 12.5 miles. It went around our Flensburg harbor and back again. The sky was overcast and there were occasional some showers. But of course, I had my Osmo Pocket with me and made some more shots around :)

I stopped mid-way for a quick meal and visited one of our media stores called SATURN. There I was allowed to touch the M2Z for the first time and to look up close.

My first thought was:
Ouch, this is Heavy Metal and it should never fall down :)

I was very surprised that this Mavic felt so much heavier than my old M1P. I was very excited about the now rounder shaped arms, and the still good compactness.

Unfortunately, no M2P was available, but I got a good first impression. In addition to other DJI products, I also found a Mavic pro Platinum, but it was just an empty presentation dummy, which was not suitable for a direct weight comparison on the spot...

Now a few impressions from the tour:DJI_0114-01.jpegDJI_0105-01.jpegDJI_0101-01.jpegDJI_0088-02.jpegDJI_0084-01.jpegDJI_0085-01.jpegDJI_0106-01.jpeg
12MP JPEG's created with DJI Osmo Pocket and experimentally reworked with Snapseed ...

Last edited:
12.5 milesThumbswayupThumbswayup blimey how long did that take? Good effort though. Now you thought the M2Z was heavy, you wonna pick up an Inspire 1o_O when I had mine loaded up in its case with 5 batteries iPad etc, it was like I was going on my hols..... in practical for me.

Love your photos mnis, good ol “pocket” Osmo that’s the good thing about that little camera, you don’t know you have it with you.

Ive got a GoPro hero 6 black, I’ve just started looking into getting a gimbal for it but need to compare the price to a new gimbal or the Osmo pocket, my search still goes onThumbswayup the GoPro takes a nice photo too but will I get a cheap gimbal..

743F51F6-D0BE-4956-B03B-065C182A6C43.jpeg

Love photo number 4 mnis, that’s my favourite :cool::cool:

Last edited:
A short story ...
Yesterday I had a very long walk of over 12.5 miles. It went around our Flensburg harbor and back again. The sky was overcast and there were occasional some showers. But of course, I had my Osmo Pocket with me and made some more shots around :)

I stopped mid-way for a quick meal and visited one of our media stores called SATURN. There I was allowed to touch the M2Z for the first time and to look up close.

My first thought was:
Ouch, this is Heavy Metal and it should never fall down :)

I was very surprised that this Mavic felt so much heavier than my old M1P. I was very excited about the now rounder shaped arms, and the still good compactness.

Unfortunately, no M2P was available, but I got a good first impression. In addition to other DJI products, I also found a Mavic pro Platinum, but it was just an empty presentation dummy, which was not suitable for a direct weight comparison on the spot...

Now a few impressions from the tour:View attachment 68227View attachment 68228View attachment 68229View attachment 68230View attachment 68231View attachment 68232View attachment 68233
12MP JPEG's created with DJI Osmo Pocket and experimentally reworked with Snapseed ...

Very nice! I like dry docks and boat yards strewn with pulleys, ropes, and such and 12.5 miles is good strong exercise! :)

I stopped mid-way for a quick meal and visited one of our media stores called SATURN. There I was allowed to touch the M2Z for the first time and to look up close. My first thought was: Ouch, this is Heavy Metal and it should never fall down :) I was very surprised that this Mavic felt so much heavier than my old M1P. I was very excited about the now rounder shaped arms, and the still good compactness.

That must have been fun to behold the M2 for first time! Yes, I know what you mean. M2 looks and feels more robust.

Chip, what Lr did you subscribe toooooo, the desk top version or the iPad version?

I have $9.95 per mos. subscription to Lightroom CC which I use on my Surface Pro. You are absolutely right! I started messing with LR tonight and it is amazing! We had some good weather in March so I have solid supply of photos to work on. No reason not to jump right into RAW photos going forward. Thumbswayup Just out of curiosity why use LR for drone photos and snapseed for gopro photos? ?

I still have all my gopro cameras from original HERO to HERO 5. I have a ton of old gopro video
taken on helmet cam just like this:

This is what I used as a gimbal back then:

As I am reviewing the footage, it is way more shaky than I recall, not up to Mavic
or Osmo standards that is for sure! Is there a waterproof gimbal for gopro now I wonder?

Just out of curiosity why use LR for drone photos and snapseed for gopro photos? ?

Didn’t make a lot of sense, I know.... but the last time I used my GoPro, the only program I had on my iPad was Snapseed. Now I’ve got Lr cc on the pad I’ll give it a try? Plus the GoPro shoots photos in raw which would be interesting to see how they come out using Lr.

So you’ve got the desktop version, you’ll be able to do sooo much more with your photos than I can using the pad version.

I think they do make a waterproof gimbal for the GoPro but I bet it’ll be expensive?

I think the Karma grip is splash proof the same as the below video. Mnis, am I right in thinking that there’s a waterproof case for the Osmo pocket?

Just need to work out what one would work best for me and the cost, do I go for the Karma grip or the Osmo with a waterproof cover. Now this would be a birthday ? from Mrs P so I’ve got time to do some research??

12.5 milesThumbswayupThumbswayup blimey how long did that take?...
Oh, I had a lot of time and did not think much about the duration of the tour. In the beginning I was undecided and tended to take the bike because I had to make an important visit in the morning. But after all, walking was very good without being stressed. Overall, I was traveling from about 6 in the morning to almost 5 in the afternoon :) But my fitness band finally told me that I was on the move for about 6 hours ...
Very nice! I like dry docks and boat yards strewn with pulleys, ropes, and such and...
Yeah, I could not say it better :)
...That must have been fun to behold the M2 for first time!...
I had a strange feeling and strange thoughts :)
In photo 4 there’s a very nice church/cathedral in the background any history on that?...
Yes, I believe there are more than 5 interesting churches throughout the course. But honestly, I do not know their stories well. I am very bad at memorizing such things. But when I take pictures of the interesting churches, I research and write something about the picture...
...Mnis, am I right in thinking that there’s a waterproof case for the Osmo pocket?
Yes, it is listed as an accessory, but to my knowledge, it is not yet on the market.

Yes, it is listed as an accessory, but to my knowledge, it is not yet on the market.

Your right doesn’t seem to be out yet, just looked on Dji’s website. The problem I’ve got is, I’ve got so many extras with my GoPro, got two cameras, hero 4 silver and the 6 black so it does make more sense for me to stick with the GoPro rather than starting out with the Osmo pocket.

Last edited:
? I like how you think! Any chance she might throw in a pair of the Moverios? :D

5.6.7.for me I like chip like the boat yard and rigging shack very cool
....I know what you mean about the MP2 I got to hold Todds Pro .
It was a very impressive machine
Heavier and faster and may I say "Stabler"
.now I have to go dig out my GoPro silver. And play with it
....cR

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tdotty