DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Are you getting any Christmas goody’s for your drone 2018

Hi son @Porky yes i will record it bit early in the morning for me should be a good race i hope

I’m so looking forward to next weekend, Friday = free practice, Saturday = qualifying, Sunday = race;)

Well done to wales dad;) I didn’t even know they were playing:rolleyes: now if it was football, different story;);)

Come on you hammers.... yep my teamThumbswayup

I’m so looking forward to next weekend, Friday = free practice, Saturday = qualifying, Sunday = race;)

Well done to wales dad;) I didn’t even know they were playing:rolleyes: now if it was football, different story;);)

Come on you hammers.... yep my teamThumbswayup
no worries son if you lived in Wales you would have known about the game believe me

Right we’ve had the,
Now just waiting for the,
Wind should be with us about 10.00am for the rest of the dayo_O

Windy all week but we’ve got another low pressure hitting us this Wednesday, so again more strong windso_O

Oh I love theses storms blowing in from the Atlantic..:rolleyes:

Last edited:
Right we’ve had the,
Now just waiting for the,
Wind should be with us about 10.00am for the rest of the dayo_O

Windy all week but we got another low pressure hitting us this Wednesday, so again more strong windso_O

Oh I love theses storms blowing in from the Atlantic..:rolleyes:
Here it is not better. Yesterday we even had some big snowflakes that lay on the floor for a few minutes until they disappeared. A lot of rain and wind in the change, then it is a few hours a little quieter but still uncomfortably cold at about 2 degrees Celsius.

Somehow the mood is down, and no improvement in sight ...

Here it is not better. Yesterday we even had some big snowflakes that lay on the floor for a few minutes until they disappeared. A lot of rain and wind in the change, then it is a few hours a little quieter but still uncomfortably cold at about 2 degrees Celsius.

Somehow the mood is down, and no improvement in sight ...

About 10 miles north of me should be getting snow today o_O what’s going on with our weather......

Another day cuddling up to my wife I suppose or decorating... lol:D

Cheer up lads better weather and days ahead! :) Now in this video where the clouds are going by I would have used my Blue GR Filter. Dont know what you would use though for the lightning, maybe ND 32.

Oh I’m not down, just giving weather updates to what’s happening in our area, that’s why I’m a amateur meteorologist ;)

Thumbswayup:). It was cold but clear here today. We have had a real smorgasboard lately, snow one day, cold but sunny and clear the next. I stayed inside today catching up on some work and taking breaks to set up M2. Unfortunately, I do need new filters and case so I ordered another Smatree soft case and a CPL. I am going to look to see if I can just swap out foam inserts on hard case. Have you heard anything about these Katanas or similar devices which grip the mavic so you can take pics?
1552198983941.png

This wetsuit looks interesting too:

Mavic 2 Zoom Extreme weather flying with the Mavic Rain Wet Suit. Hail Storm/ Heavy Rain

Last edited:
Thumbswayup:). It was cold but clear here today. We have had a real smorgasboard lately, snow one day, cold but sunny and clear the next. I stayed inside today catching up on some work and taking breaks to set up M2. Unfortunately, I do need new filters and case so I ordered another Smatree soft case and a CPL. I am going to look to see if I can just swap out foam inserts on hard case. Have you heard anything about these Katanas or similar devices which grip the mavic so you can take pics?
View attachment 65579

This wetsuit looks interesting too:

Mavic 2 Zoom Extreme weather flying with the Mavic Rain Wet Suit. Hail Storm/ Heavy Rain

I’ve seen those handle things but not really looked into them but the wet suit does look very good though especially for us in the UK at the mo;)

I’ve got a little GoPro hero 6 black to take normal photos, lovely little camera, that’s why I’ve not really looked into the handle thingy. Is it something you might consider?

I’ve seen those handle things but not really looked into them Is it something you might consider?

At first blush, it looks a little funny to me unless your mavic is the best camera you have or you want your people and land shots to look just like your aerial shots for some reason. One reason I am interested is it would simplify testing camera settings and filters without taking to the air.

I recently snapped a few pics of this reflecting pool and sculpture with my iphone. The glare makes it look like the cone is sucking a light beam from the sky! Is that just bad camera angle? Not sure what filter would have worked best. Just out of curiosity, how hard would it be to remove that beam in lightroom?

1552207787227.png

At first blush, it looks a little funny to me unless your mavic is the best camera you have or you want your people and land shots to look just like your aerial shots for some reason. One reason I am interested is it would simplify testing camera settings and filters without taking to the air.

I recently snapped a few pics of this reflecting pool and sculpture with my iphone. The glare makes it look like the cone is sucking a light beam from the sky! Is that just bad camera angle? Not sure what filter would have worked best. Just out of curiosity, how hard would it be to remove that beam in lightroom?

View attachment 65585

Had a quick play with it in Lr, couldn’t remove it at all. The beam is soooo bright it’s burnt out that part of the photo, just like the sun would do. Think you hit the nail on the head with what you said about taking that shot at a different angle. I don’t know what I’m talking about but when I take a photo with something bright in it I’ll move the drone/camera until I get no sun/beams of bright light in it, I use the histogram when I take pics also remember our good old friend, zebra ;)

Here you go, you photo with a very quick edit, I had to crop the top and bottom of the photo to loose the glare, if you look at your original photo, there was more glare, bottom left.

The only bad thing about cropping it down that much is, if you look very closely at the photo it’s started pixelating which again looks crap.
5C32F885-2784-4827-B3BD-76C2EE5F8FA8.png

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fast54