DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Are you getting any Christmas goody’s for your drone 2018

I enjoy vibrant social events with lots of people. nah, quite a boring person really, hate meeting people on, bit of a loner??
My travel plans are more likely to look like a rough list of ideas than a detailed itinerary. I always have a detailed itinerary plan for my travels but get bored with keeping to it so throw it away. Keep my plan in my head but my memory so bad..... Mrs P’s the one that looks after that side of things. If she wasn’t here I’d be walking round in cycles ?
I am more of a detail-oriented than a big picture person. I would say big picture, I try to come up with ideas and solutions but nobody listens to me, lol???

Reactions: Slim.slamma
...No one has still answered my little test on the blue photo I took, a clue, white balance?

I got a touch of the bluesie woozies myself here although I kind of like the effect if not overdone. Here are two untouched JPEGS at two different exposures. Not sure how I pulled it off ? How did you do it?

4MPXB1.jpg
4MPXB2.jpg

Very nice ? , impressed ???
Right..... I’ll answer my question about the blue photos I took. I was flying through the day, very sunny so I set the WB to sunny. Went out the same evening and took more photos, all blue, I’d forgotten to reset the WB hence why they came out bluish....???

Stupid school boy error.... but you learn by your mistakes ? won’t do that again........

?, your photos, were they taken at dusk, only reason I ask, the street lights are on. Nice sharp photos buddy?

Thanks, I have taken a lot of similar photos of same area in differing conditions but I have long kept those two at top of the favorites pile! My recollection is that dusk was rapidly approaching as you can see from those street lights and position of sun behind clouds. I am curious, which one of the two would you pick to edit first in Lightroom? Is lighter or darker exposure the better starting point for post production or maybe here it makes no difference? ?

Thanks, I have taken a lot of similar photos of same area in differing conditions but I have long kept those two at top of the favorites pile! My recollection is that dusk was rapidly approaching as you can see from those street lights and position of sun behind clouds. I am curious, which one of the two would you pick to edit first in Lightroom? Is lighter or darker exposure the better starting point for post production or maybe here it makes no difference? ?

I would try them both and see what one you like best, it’s really down to personal taste.

Photo 1, you should be able to bring out the shadows in the trees and other areas. You will be able to change the kelvin colour to get rid of the blue tinge, (temp slider in Lr)

Photo 2, might.. be a bit burnt out, middle left hand side of the background.(sky) but it could be recoverable with some patience in post.

Looking forward to seeing your end result.??

Last edited:
I turn down exposure to capture detail and color but that wipes out greens and blues in the water.... ? I know it can be improved in LR but I would also like to be able to create the perfect shot au naturel. How do I do it....?

? are you using manual mode or auto mode while taking photos? Are you also using auto exposure or manual exposure?

Reactions: Slim.slamma
? Have a look at this vid, it will definitely help you out, these are the things I do when taking photos

Last edited:
? are you using manual mode or auto mode while taking photos? Are you also using auto exposure or manual exposure?

Usually auto mode, manual exposure.

? Have a look at this vid, it will definitely help you about, these are the things I do when taking photos

Okay, will do! I should have great opportunity to practice this weekend from new exotic locale with Miss ? in tow with the hard case!

Usually auto mode, manual exposure.

Okay, will do! I should have great opportunity to practice this weekend from new exotic locale with Miss ? in tow with the hard case!

? I take all my photos in manual mode and adjust shutter/aperture/iso to what works best. I normally leave the iso on 100.

I always use the histogram to help get the setting right, works really well??

Here’s a screenshot of my Go4 app screen, histogram bottom right of screen.

43BFF918-FC1F-49DE-839D-2DB7553B829A.jpeg

Here in the UK we have another nice long weekend, weather apparently is going to be very nice, another long trek for me and Mrs P on Sunday. Looking forward to that.

What’s the plans for you guys? ? I know you said you’ll be doing something the Miss ?, jet skiing?

What about you dad, anything planed?

Charlie should be back here soon, and it would be nice to hear from mnis again?

Also fozzzy and Thomas.

What’s the plans for you guys? ? I know you said you’ll be doing something the Miss ?, jet skiing?

Here is a little map of Puget Sound. I am travelling north from South Basin to Camano Island in Whidbey Basin.
Any Camano Islanders here?

This is awesome place to jet ski! Like ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐! However, if i take jet ski AND drone then its pushing it with Miss ?. I am trying to be less blatantly all about me at least for a few weekends this summer if possible.

I have to do some research though. Worried we may be too close to Whidbey Island Naval Airstation NFZ. They shot parts of the movie An Officer and a Gentleman there.

Attachments

• 1558680223727.png
    1558680223727.png
    303.9 KB · Views: 2
Here in the UK we have another nice long weekend, weather apparently is going to be very nice, another long trek for me and Mrs P on Sunday. Looking forward to that.

What about you dad, anything planed?

Charlie should be back here soon, and it would be nice to hear from mnis again?

Also fozzzy and Thomas.
hi son will be out flying over the next few days if the conditions are good will see how it goes i guess hope it is ok and you get some nice pics ,my friend who had my phantom came flying with me in the week,and he is really loving his new toy as he calls it, got to be fair when we watched the video play back on the computer the picture is just as good as the mav and it was nice to go out with someone else for company as well.he is away this weekend with his family,but we will flying together soon again

Here is a little map of Puget Sound. I am travelling north from South Basin to Camano Island in Whidbey Basin.
Any Camano Islanders here?

View attachment 73302

This is awesome place to jet ski! Like ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐! However, if i take jet ski AND drone then its pushing it with Miss ?. I am trying to be less blatantly all about me at least for a few weekends this summer if possible.

I have to do some research though. Worried we may be too close to Whidbey Island Naval Airstation NFZ. They shot parts of the movie An Officer and a Gentleman there.

Looks and sounds like a brilliant weekend break, yeah you’ve got to be careful with the NFZ ‘s??but at least you’ll have the gopros?

Studied your map, looks like a vey interesting place to visit/stay. So you’ll be coming back in a white suit and a new name, Richard Gere??

hi son will be out flying over the next few days if the conditions are good will see how it goes i guess hope it is ok and you get some nice pics ,my friend who had my phantom came flying with me in the week,and he is really loving his new toy as he calls it, got to be fair when we watched the video play back on the computer the picture is just as good as the mav and it was nice to go out with someone else for company as well.he is away this weekend with his family,but we will flying together soon again

I think Sunday will be the best day, well for me it is. The met office have said we’ve got rain, possibly thunderstorms coming Monday, could even be Sunday night. Meant to be blowing in from America, thanks for that you guys?

So glad you’re still seeing your old Phantom flying around, bet you get a buzz out of that, see what I did there?? only thing I don’t like about the phantom series is, there’re a bit big now especially as I’ve got so used to my Mavic.

I know what you mean about having company while flying. Earlier this year when I was flying in the frost getting my morning shot I was all on my lonesome, hated it. It’s so much better when Mrs P ‘s with me, at least I’ve got someone to talk to?

Nothing worse than being Billy no mates ??

I think Sunday will be the best day, well for me it is. The met office have said we’ve got rain, possibly thunderstorms coming Monday, could even be Sunday night. Meant to be blowing in from America, thanks for that you guys? ....
I didn’t send it! In the Phoenix area we only get an average of about 8” of rain a year! Most of that is in quick thunderstorms, so the water evaporates mostly in our humidity which hovers about 20-25%.
So just send some of it back, please! :cool:

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada