DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Arrested

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was a confusing and hard to follow story posted in another thread called "Arrested" (or something like that) a few weeks ago and that appears to have gone missing. The gist was that our friend was told not to fly in an area where he thought he was allowed to fly (and rightly so it seems) and refused to show identification when asked, hence all the costs and aggravation he incurred...
Yes it was as it was 5 pages of bull just to get members started .No I didn't do it but it was done .I shouldn't but will show you his original post
as I am closing this one before it goes the way of the other one .
@Blaksony do not start another one . Here was his tale .
Last week I was about to fly my Mac in this park(for the 15th time) and was approached by a park police officer, he stopped his car and asked me how was it going, he said nothing about the drone I had in my hand and I didn’t really talk to him so he drove off. I lit my bird and took off and the cop stopped near by and jumped out the car, walked up to me and asked did I know flying in the park was prohibited, I told him no and that I’ve been doing it here and near by for quite sometime . (The park is actually a very unused area not really much of a park that’s used by geese for dumping and jumping, not very sanitary, lots of geese poop), he then ask me for my identification, I refused and ask him to read me the restrictions or ordnance, he then said the city police was contacted because I told him no on the identification, I asked again what the ordinance was and to read it to me, he said I had to present my identification before he would show me the ordinance. By this time I was pissed because the goober was looking for trouble so I started packing my stuff up. Something was wrong with this scene because I’ve been operating my drone for over a year without incident and now this, the city cop showed up and right off asked for my identification, I said what for, if I was under arest , he said it was for suspensions of operating a drone in a restricted area, I finally called bulls$&t on the whole thing then , POW, on goes the cuffs so was taken to a holding cell and had to post bond after 7 hours because the jail’s phone system was “down” and I couldn’t call any friends or family... more later with hopefully some video

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Goadreams