DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Arrogance of DJI support

Would not cause a stir at all. They are required by law to record the call as a fraud prevention as they are asking for and repeating your personal information. If they allow you to record, there is no assurance that you are securely able to protect the recorded information and them agreeing to be recorded makes them liable if that information is disclosed. The recording is partially for service quality. They do a key word search for words that show displeasure. If there is a hit the full recording is then reviewed . The rest of the reason is for legal compliance and protection on there part. How about you post a recording of all the calls where they have agreed. I am curious to know what call center would allow this.

LOL where do I start?

First of all you missed the point of the post completely! I am not really recording them, I just tell them that to get my case handled faster and more professionally. So there are no recordings to give you.

Secondly after the whole Equifax debacle I don't think the public is going to buy any kind of story that them recording you is secure but not vice versa. Also I have never had anyone say that they agree or disagree to be recorded. I simply state that up front and jump straight into the issue I am having.
I have never had a CSR agent hang up on me!

You also state they are required by law to record the calls. I seriously doubt that is true as many companies do not announce that they are recording the conversation, so that would mean they are either not recording or doing it illegally.

Your assumption that the CSR agent is going to hang up or that they are thinking about security etc is absurd. Most of these people are either in India or the Caribbean and other than making sure to be extra polite and not give you any misleading info. IMHO I think that is the extent of thought that they give to the situation.

Lastly you can find many cases on the net of people who actually did record the calls and used them to their benefit. Here are two articles I found in 30 seconds.

The Trick To Never Getting Screwed By Terrible Customer Service | HuffPost

How to record customer service calls without breaking the law | The Daily Dot
As you can see it certainly works and it can go viral to the point that top management gets involved.

Hey my advice to you is don't use this trick. The more people that do is the less effective it becomes.

Rob

Last edited:
Reactions: Rnl
LOL where do I start?

First of all you missed the point of the post completely! I am not really recording them, I just tell them that to get my case handled faster and more professionally. So there are no recordings to give you.

Secondly after the whole Equifax debacle I don't think the public is going to buy any kind of story that them recording you is secure but not vice versa. Also I have never had anyone say that they agree or disagree to be recorded. I simply state that up front and jump straight into the issue I am having. I have never been hanged up on!

You also state they are required by law to record the calls. I seriously doubt that is true as many companies do not announce that they are recording the conversation.

Your assumption that the CSR agent is going to hang up or that they are thinking about security etc is absurd. Most of these people are either in India or the Caribbean and other than making sure to be extra polite and not give you any misleading info. I think that is the extent of the grey matter they expend on the situation.

Lastly you can find many cases on the net of people who actually did record the calls and used them to their benefit. Here are two articles I found in 30 seconds.

How to record customer service calls without breaking the la
LOL where do I start?

Secondly after the whole Equifax debacle I don't think the public is going to buy any kind of story that them recording you is secure but not vice versa. Also I have never had anyone say that they agree or disagree to be recorded. I simply state that up front and jump straight into the issue I am having. I have never been hanged up on!

You also state they are required by law to record the calls. I seriously doubt that is true as many companies do not announce that they are recording the conversation.

Your assumption that the CSR agent is going to hang up or that they are thinking about security etc is absurd. Most of these people are either in India or the Caribbean and other than making sure to be extra polite and not give you any misleading info. I think that is the extent of the grey matter they expend on the situation.

[URL='http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/08/19/recording-customer-service_n_5683216.html']The Trick To Never Getting Screwed By Terrible Customer Service | HuffPost
As you can see it certainly works and it can go viral to the point that top management gets involved.

Hey my advice to you is don't use this trick. The more people that do is the less effective it becomes.

Rob

w | The Daily Dot[/URL]

Rob
LOL where do I start?

Rob
Referring back to the article you sent pointed to: Try reading it. I am done. You obviously know the inner workings of a call center. I did get your post .I was just pointing out the value of idle threats as everyone has such a great experience calling DJI support. You might want to save this post so you can use it on facebook

Referring back to the article you sent pointed to: Try reading it. I am done. You obviously know the inner workings of a call center. I did get your post .I was just pointing out the value of idle threats as everyone has such a great experience calling DJI support. You might want to save this post so you can use it on facebook

Read my original post again. I stated that it would not work with DJI but works with most US companies.

Rob

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78