DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

As a Pro are you still (unexpectedly to yourself!) NOT buying Mavic 3?

Add-on Cine Board?

Not suggesting, just tossing out for interest.
Does this board showing up already indicate the possibility to add-on the Cine after purchase of non-Cine?

Is the FW one version (which I believe it is) for both configurations. If board is plugged in, will FW recognize and include functionality? Similar to M2P/Z… plugged in payload determined FW features displayed.

Reactions: globetrotterdrone
I have to agree, I’ve found it great, yes lots of SW to come, but both stills and video out of this thing are great, and it flys like all dji drones, “really great” I think the complaints I read are very similar to what I have read about with the release of every dji drone so I’m not worried about this, all dji drones improve with time. I look forward to flying this drone as much as I can.
I guess, one reads, what one likes to read (and to justify its investment).
No offence, but you can't fix an internal SSD via FW (see below for latest find). You might fix some of the still missing features, though we've been already told, there will be no waypoints for instance. Heaven know's, if they at some point in the future release a SDK to allow users more freedom.

M3 is unnecessarily flawed, mostly by SW and not up to par, what you have got out of the M2P.
Yeah, sure, the M2P got its precision landing a bit later, the SC was released a while after launch (that was the point, when I got hooked), but besides the hardware upgrades (main sensor, obstacle sensors, larger battery with longer flight time), it features less for a higher price.

It's cool, when you don't need those and it's worth the money for you personally, but from an objective point of view, releasing Model #3 with less capabilities for a higher price, unclear communication and only the prospect, that DJI will fix it later ... nah, can't support such business practices. Hopefully, most consumers will think alike. ;)

Save and happy flying.

Add-on Cine Board?

That would be insane, to charge another 1,000 bucks just for board ... they either most certainly copy 🍏's accessory policy or prepare for a Mavic 3 Cine Pro. :oops:🤨 It's becoming like a video game with DLC, where those contents already have been cut from the main version by intent.

Last edited:
That would be insane, to charge another 1,000 bucks ... they either most certainly copy 🍏's accessory policy or prepare for a Mavic 3 Cine Pro. :oops:🤨 It's becoming like a video game with DLC, where those contents already have been cut from the main version by intent.
No disagreement DJI prices are high on Pro Components. But using DJI prices. Actually based on the Base vs Cine model... ProRes License, 1TB NVMe SSD... that charge is probably close.

Inspire 2 ProRes & Cine Licenses are over $1000 each and CineSSD 980 GB is $1600.

Yeah, I guess, for a pro earning his money from it, that might be not that much.
And I agree, ProRes is nothing I need or want (only doing stills anyway), so I am not the audience but I am so surprised about how close this tactic relates with video games and their DLCs.

Still, why design a product tagging it "for the pros" and knowing that such a solution is not right but offering a "DLC" to solve it? Well, that's how it seems to me, if that thing becomes an option. 🧐 Seems like DJI thinks, pros are likely to buy these add-ons anyway.

For those on the fence for Cine or not Cine... would be a good option to use M3 while assessing if ProRes Cine was worth it. Again, similar to I2 being able to add later.

Reactions: christangey
You will need more than just the SSD:

Mavic 3 CIne SSD Card & SSD Adaptive Board Module
https://cloudcitydrones.com/products/mavic-3-ssd-card-ssd-adaptive-board-module

Mavic 3 SSD Mounting Piece
https://cloudcitydrones.com/products/mavic-3-ssd-mounting-piece

Mavic 3 Coaxial Cable (SSD-Core Board)
https://cloudcitydrones.com/products/mavic-3-coaxial-cable-ssd-core-board

Mavic 3 SSD to Core Board Coaxial Cable Cover
https://cloudcitydrones.com/products/mavic-3-ssd-to-core-board-coaxial-cable-cover

Add-on Cine Board?

Not suggesting, just tossing out for interest.
Does this board showing up already indicate the possibility to add-on the Cine after purchase of non-Cine?

Is the FW one version (which I believe it is) for both configurations. If board is plugged in, will FW recognize and include functionality? Similar to M2P/Z… plugged in payload determined FW features displayed.

I guess, one reads, what one likes to read (and to justify its investment).
No offence, but you can't fix an internal SSD via FW (see below for latest find). You might fix some of the still missing features, though we've been already told, there will be no waypoints for instance. Heaven know's, if they at some point in the future release a SDK to allow users more freedom.

M3 is unnecessarily flawed, mostly by SW and not up to par, what you have got out of the M2P.
Yeah, sure, the M2P got its precision landing a bit later, the SC was released a while after launch (that was the point, when I got hooked), but besides the hardware upgrades (main sensor, obstacle sensors, larger battery with longer flight time), it features less for a higher price.

It's cool, when you don't need those and it's worth the money for you personally, but from an objective point of view, releasing Model #3 with less capabilities for a higher price, unclear communication and only the prospect, that DJI will fix it later ... nah, can't support such business practices. Hopefully, most consumers will think alike. ;)

Save and happy flying.

That would be insane, to charge another 1,000 bucks just for board ... they either most certainly copy 🍏's accessory policy or prepare for a Mavic 3 Cine Pro. :oops:🤨 It's becoming like a video game with DLC, where those contents already have been cut from the main version by intent.
Well M2, picture distortion, not using all its sensor, no precision landing, no promised waypoints and it also considered a flawed drone. M1 exactly the same. Mavic3 Cine the latest is if you crash and cannot start up your drone you have no way of retrieving your footage. Well how can you retrieve your footage from the bottom of the ocean yet that crash seems like thats acceptable . Truth is Cine model “which I don’t own” was known that it had non removal disk well in advance of being sold. Its not an inspire 2 which for the equivalent will cost you 7500 with a pro remote 3 batteries and x5s camera. all we are seeing here is a new release drone and aside from the missing software it has less teething problems than previous two Mavic 1/2. Its not out of the box perfect and neither was its two predecessors but we know they became the best drones in there class in reasonably quick time. I don’t need to justify my purchase and if it has problems that are not fixable without returning then I will return it. I have lived through all the hysteria and hype of drones for many years and one thing I can vouch for is as of yet Dji have not had a single failure of any drone.

Reactions: Crashdummytest

Great you tossed all links in, handy one-stop now.
I was mainly focused on the ability to add as post-purchase option.

I’ve purchased several M600Pro & RTK from CloudCity.
Great shop, prompt service… and they have a point system on purchases that provides discounts on additional purchases.

So collecting all links… the non-Cine M3 to Cine total cost $1,047 + tax.

If you wanted to include the new SC RC for M3 @ $1200.

Also offers a 15.5mm Lens @ $180

That's true but very very rare in my case.
Anyway, dumping footage to DIT during or after the day is somehow problematic with a build in SSD. ;)

____

Don't get me wrong, I would have liked to get a substantial upgrade for my 2 Mavic 2 Pros and waited eagerly for the Mavic 3. But the closer I look at it, the more disappointed I get. Today I learned that you can't even get a clean feed out of HDMI with the RC Pro, which is also a deal breaker for me.

To summ it up, in my point of view the Mavic 3 simply isn't ready for any professional M2P owner, It's a step back in many regards, with only minor improvements in image quality, if any. And it's debatable if or when DJI will ever get it on par with the Mavic 2 Pro by updating the FW / Fly App.
This might be true, come January firmware update we will know for sure how that went.
I have noticed, after more than 50 flights with my M3 / SC Pro, that the coverage in urban areas is improved by... 50%? That must be the O3+. If this is correct and not mostly imagination the cost of the SC Pro is justified - seems like a real upgrade. My M3 has flown in the dark, in fog, drizzle rain, really cold weather etc as it is winter now in Norway. It is a solid performer,. especially in low light. It is low-noise as well, a great asset when filming wildlife via the telephoto-lens.

Both FLY App & M3 FW updates.
Little more info:

The firmware will take a bit to download... the Download size is 1.7 GB.

Discussed in separate thread...

Last edited:
Notice to All on the above Links for CINE parts.
I did exchange with Chris from Cloud City Drones and he indicated it is NOT possible to "Upgrade" the M3 Standard to the M3 CINE version. The "mainboard" is not the same and the mainboard is NOT available "at this time" as a separate part.

SO if you were pondering a future upgrade... unless you purchased all the above components and the currently not-available CINE Mainboard... you can not upgrade.

Sorry to have taken expectations down the wrong rabbit hole.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kmikebennett