DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

[ask] is this normal behavior for mavic pro camera?

andry

Reactions
hi all, so this video tested with my mavic pro around 15~ish minute, i found some glitch in the video..( i chop down the video to a few second to take a look at )

at this glitch_watermark_01 : frame 38-42 top area, glitches movement camera (not the moire effect)
also the bottom right shadow area

second video mavic pro, found some glitch 76-78 ( on building )

third video mavic pro,: frame 28-30 loos like a jello effect

question, is this normal?

The first and second videos have a small "shake" to them. I think its because of a gimbal balance problem that corrects itself by shifting. Its small enough that if you didnt isolate the problem you wouldn't normally see it.
For the third, I dont see whats going on...

Reactions: Sevier456
si this is normal ? how do u anticipate this issue?

Mashseen's suggestion is probably the best. Practice smoother movement, my comment was based on a 15 Sec look. Smoother movement will help with this

Reactions: Nobbie
I can see it was very windy that day that there is part of your problem

Mashseen's suggestion is probably the best. Practice smoother movement, my comment was based on a 15 Sec look. Smoother movement will help with this
I took a much deeper look at the videos and it looks like there are 3-5 frames missing. That might be what is causing the jump and the "jello" effect. This video might offer an explanation of what is happening here. The part you would be more interested in is the way the camera works and not the "rolling shutter" effect that he explains here. It could be that the camera wasn't done "recording" the light on the frames and started the next frame and so threw the partial one out. This may or may not be normal operation (I think its normal for a device to throw out bad data). So might not need to be worried to much about this.

Last edited:
I took a much deeper look at the videos and it looks like there are 3-5 frames missing. That might be what is causing the jump and the "jello" effect. This video might offer an explanation of what is happening here. The part you would be more interested in is the way the camera works and not the "rolling shutter" effect that he explains here. It could be that the camera wasn't done "recording" the light on the frames and started the next frame and so threw the partial one out. This may or may not be normal operation (I think its normal for a device to throw out bad data). So might need to be worried to much about this.

waw that video is very gain my knowlegde, thanks man. btw so the mavic is move very quickly? becouse rolling shutter happen in very high speed, the guitar, propeler

waw that video is very gain my knowlegde, thanks man. btw so the mavic is move very quickly? becouse rolling shutter happen in very high speed, the guitar, propeler
Best guess is that what 60FPS means... I get if you point that camera at the props you could get the effect...

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ehj147