DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Assistant 2 latest version?

DannyDieHard

Reactions
Ok first picture mine , its version
V2.0.10 released 10/30/2019

The second pic is a video of some guy on youtube. I dont know what version he has I know he is on mac and I'm on windows
But mine only has 4 tabs on the left while his has 7 or 8 tabs on the left.
Reason why I'm asking is because to factory reset this mavic amd the control but on my assistant it doesnt have the option to reset . I dont know what is going on but between this and the upgrade that updated my zoom's firmware with the pro's firmware and not the zoom's I'm beginning to wonder why they are so dam expensive having eo many issues ,. Any help one has the link to download that version that guy using I'd really appreciate it. Thanks

Attachments

• 20200330_003056.jpg
    20200330_003056.jpg
    839.8 KB · Views: 26
  • Screenshot_20200330-003034_YouTube.jpg
    Screenshot_20200330-003034_YouTube.jpg
    123.7 KB · Views: 27
Any help one has the link to download that version that guy using I'd really appreciate it.
That version is for the Mavic Pro and he is using Assistant 2 v.1.2.4 for the Mac.

You must use Assistant 2 for Mavic (v2.0.10)

The Assistant versions are to be used for a specific set of aircraft and can not be used interchangeably.

That version is for the Mavic Pro and he is using Assistant 2 v.1.2.4 for the Mac.

The Assistant versions are to be used for a specific set of aircraft and can not be used interchangeably.
wait he is using the one for mavic pro, isnt the pro and the zoom pretty much the same drone ,
Yeah I just checked it's the same drone diffrent cam that's it. Because it's the same assistant for both.
U work for dji?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200330-060015_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20200330-060015_Samsung Internet.jpg
    168 KB · Views: 11
wait he is using the one for mavic pro, isnt the pro and the zoom pretty much the same drone ,
Yeah I just checked it's the same drone diffrent cam that's it. Because it's the same assistant for both.
To avoid confusion:

If you have a Mavic 2 Pro or a Mavic 2 Zoom you need:

A2fM.png

If you have a Mavic Pro or a Mavic Pro Platinum you need:

A2.png

U work for dji?
No, just using DJI equipment since 2015 with the appearance of the Inspire 1.

Is there an Assistant 2 for the Mavic Mini? The online owner's manual says to download it but the link they give you just takes you to a specification sheet for the Mini. Searching for it on DJI.com doesn't seem to give you any connections to it either.

Reactions: Bosco Bear

1 more thing.
So I have the right version. how would I go about to factory reset the drone ? I see no option to do so in the assistant,

how would I go about to factory reset the drone ?
You can't - DJI removed that feature from DJI Assistant 2 for Mavic.

It's possible to:
- refresh the current firmware version
- upgrade to a newer firmware version if available
- downgrade to a lower firmware version number
(this is rarely the case, DJI prohibits the downgrade for most of their aircraft for unknown
reasons)

If you need to downgrade the firmware, there are 3rd party apps available to perform that task.
(only for M2 firmware 01.00.0400 or lower)

You can't - DJI removed that feature from DJI Assistant 2 for Mavic.

It's possible to:
- refresh the current firmware version
- upgrade to a newer firmware version if available
- downgrade to a lower firmware version number
(this is rarely the case, DJI prohibits the downgrade for most of their aircraft for unknown
reasons)

If you need to downgrade the firmware, there are 3rd party apps available to perform that task.
(only for M2 firmware 01.00.0400 or lower)

Is this why it keeps failing to flash the older version of the firmware? Cause I have written to them and they stopped answering when I asked why it keeps failing to flash the older version. So I'll try the refresh see if that works , thanks

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hiinthesky