DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Asteroid Mode

I have taken the video . It's on my phone now but I still can't get it converted to asteroid

Tried to do this on mine today. When then Air is connected to the phone, I can't see the video at all. When I import from the sd card to my ipad or phone, I get the reverse of what I expect - the Air taking off upwards. Not sure what else I should be doing...

Tried to do this on mine today. When then Air is connected to the phone, I can't see the video at all. When I import from the sd card to my ipad or phone, I get the reverse of what I expect - the Air taking off upwards. Not sure what else I should be doing...
See my post earlier... go to Edit, then there is an option at the top

See my post earlier... go to Edit, then there is an option at the top

As others have reported, when I go to edit, the shot is not there. I did 3 asteroids today, and one regular video. Only the regular video shows up. I have to import them off the microSD card, and they are backwards from expectation when I do.

To eliminate the SD card being the issue, simply go into your settings and set the "internal" storage as primary. Go shoot the Astroid image. Done! If it worked, go get yourself a 4K capable SD card. Do some research but remember you get what you pay for. Best to compromise size over price.

One last thing...leave yourself lots of room. I found it worked best when I was about 12 feet from the UAV and the UAV was up about 10 feet before tapping myself on the screen...then the countdown began. I went home and took the SD card out. I offloaded the video files and one of them was my astroid video. I used my video editor to play around with reversing the clip (from me to astroid then from asteroid to me). I prefer the asteroid to me for a surprise effect but to each his own.

To eliminate the SD card being the issue, simply go into your settings and set the "internal" storage as primary. Go shoot the Astroid image. Done! If it worked, go get yourself a 4K capable SD card. Do some research but remember you get what you pay for. Best to compromise size over price.

One last thing...leave yourself lots of room. I found it worked best when I was about 12 feet from the UAV and the UAV was up about 10 feet before tapping myself on the screen...then the countdown began. I went home and took the SD card out. I offloaded the video files and one of them was my astroid video. I used my video editor to play around with reversing the clip (from me to astroid then from asteroid to me). I prefer the asteroid to me for a surprise effect but to each his own.

Thank you guys problem resolved

I will try that, but I am getting all the video, it just isn't creating the reversed footage itself. Like it isn't finishing the post-processing.

Did the test mentioned, and got a properly processed Asteroid video when it saved to the internal card instead of my own MicroSD. I was using a SanDisk - Pixtor 64GB microSDXC UHS-I Memory Card (writes at 80 MB/s). The weird part for me though is that the app just didn't see the video on the card to even try and process. That doesn't feel like a write error to me, but a card access issue. I have some other cards laying about, I'll probably try them too.

Last edited:
After you have let it process for the first time (or later if you change your mind), hit the Edit tool in the bottom right hand side.At the top of the screen will be choices for the Enhancement Filter, HD, and the Reverse direction button. Just touch to change directions, and then hit the Green Check box to save like that. The Thumbnail should now be of the closeup clip instead of the tiny planet. You can then export and save.

@DJISUPPORT btw These choices in EDIT Mode (Enhance, HD, and Reverse) are almost impossible to see on an iPhoneX in Portrait mode. You have to know they are there, or rotate phone to landscape.
Could you please post a pic of where these options are? I can not locate them on my ipad . Thanks

Newbie question here. I tried asteroid mode and it recorded the forward and reverse modes into 2 separate 10 second clips. Is that the way it's supposed to work? If so, what can I use to stitch them together?

Hi, so when we press the go to start the asteroid task the drone fly up to 100 m? This the procedure? Can you setup to fly lower??

I don't know, but my first attempt at an Asteroid shot seems to have failed. It was my first flight outdoors with the Mavic Air, but I have experience with other DJI drones (obviously, none of them have the Asteroid feature yet).

Anyway, when I attempted an Asteroid, I started with the drone facing me a short distance away and not very high. There was a countdown and then the Air fly away and higher until it reached just over 100 feet. At that point, I saw it taking a series of shots from different angles, and then it flew back down to about where it started and stopped. So I thought it was successful. However, when I look at my sd card, there is just a 5 SECOND video of it starting by me and then zooming out to the distance of 100 feet. There is no planet or other footage, so it's basically just a 5 second video of it zooming away. Am i missing something? Does it actually record photos up there or just a series of videos in different directions, and how does it stitch it all together?

SO basically, it looks like it did not complete the panorama part of the asteroid feature. I saw it taking the series of shots up there, but evidently they did not record because there are no photos or other videos on the card or internal storage. Just the standard video of it flying backward up to the point where it started taking the pano. Not sure what I did wrong, or if it just failed..
hi i had this same problem today my asteoid shot failed and it only captures 5 sec of footage and the little earth view thing doesnt appear my phone is samsung j7 prime? do you happen to have solve this problem yet? thanks pls let me know how did it solve the issue thanks!

I don't know, but my first attempt at an Asteroid shot seems to have failed. It was my first flight outdoors with the Mavic Air, but I have experience with other DJI drones (obviously, none of them have the Asteroid feature yet).

Anyway, when I attempted an Asteroid, I started with the drone facing me a short distance away and not very high. There was a countdown and then the Air fly away and higher until it reached just over 100 feet. At that point, I saw it taking a series of shots from different angles, and then it flew back down to about where it started and stopped. So I thought it was successful. However, when I look at my sd card, there is just a 5 SECOND video of it starting by me and then zooming out to the distance of 100 feet. There is no planet or other footage, so it's basically just a 5 second video of it zooming away. Am i missing something? Does it actually record photos up there or just a series of videos in different directions, and how does it stitch it all together?

SO basically, it looks like it did not complete the panorama part of the asteroid feature. I saw it taking the series of shots up there, but evidently they did not record because there are no photos or other videos on the card or internal storage. Just the standard video of it flying backward up to the point where it started taking the pano. Not sure what I did wrong, or if it just failed..
hi good day, i have the same problem as this one you posted do you happen to have this porblem solved? and pls let mme know what is the solution to this thanks

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ryanhafeman