DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Astonishing and scary data collection by DJI

Turnerm maybe you should try getting into a place that has the actual data and puts up photos to prove it.

Anyway I have a serious issue with a company who sells me a product and then has

My full name and address
My credit card number
My exact location in realtime during the weekends.
Photos or video of what I am doing.
My Facebook account login info
My YouTube login
Where I have flown.
A list of apps that are on my phone.
Access to photos on my phone.

I can't think of another company I have purchased something from that has even 50% of this info on me and this one has my Data in China!! The second biggest land of freaking hackers, what if DJI gets hacked?

Rob
Should make that next Chinese take out order a breeze then EH Rob? :)

The Chinese don't need spies and permission to fly into our airspace when we're doing it for them. Have you thought about that one? Develop a toy that's paid for and it's the ultimate surveillance tool...up to date live mapping!

Reactions: cplmac
Yea because we know the Chinese are really interested in all the places the drones are flown.... Parks, beaches, kids B-day parties! That will one hell of an intelligence home-run for them!!

Reactions: MAVA4
The Chinese don't need spies and permission to fly into our airspace when we're doing it for them. Have you thought about that one? Develop a toy that's paid for and it's the ultimate surveillance tool...up to date live mapping!
Don't forget the weddings.. lots of weddings. Now they can connect the dots about people and sex. I'm afraid!

Yes, this topic is completely unimportant and all made up. Cover your eyes and ears. But, in case you decide to have a lucid moment and see things for what they really are -- just ask those Chinese DJI owners if they think that their Mavics are only spying on their weddings and their kid's birthday parties. Why not send detailed data about all of their drone-related activities because after all, they've got nothing to hide, right? Then also don't forget to ask them about how they were required to get a government-supplied SIM card to take off. And then also don't forget to to talk to them about DJI kindly requesting for their flight logs to be submitted every so often, say maybe every few days, or they're also going to be grounded. This is all baloney, though, and it's not happening or won't happen or can't happen anywhere else.

Just to add a general comment...
Under some judicial systems, any contract which includes illegal pacts, where illegal means something that violates the existing laws, is automatically invalid. The part which has violated the law, will be pursued automatically, with no need of notification by the other part to authorities, as soon as the authority get aware of it.
This is why Microsoft and Google have been condemned and charged by the EU, for example.

Are you ABSOLUTELY and POSITIVELY sure you read all the Terms and Conditions you agreed to when using any and all DJI products and your operating system?

Yes, this topic is completely unimportant and all made up. Cover your eyes and ears. But, in case you decide to have a lucid moment and see things for what they really are -- just ask those Chinese DJI owners if they think that their Mavics are only spying on their weddings and their kid's birthday parties. Why not send detailed data about all of their drone-related activities because after all, they've got nothing to hide, right? Then also don't forget to ask them about how they were required to get a government-supplied SIM card to take off. And then also don't forget to to talk to them about DJI kindly requesting for their flight logs to be submitted every so often, say maybe every few days, or they're also going to be grounded. This is all baloney, though, and it's not happening or won't happen or can't happen anywhere else.
Good thing we don't live in China there Chicken Little!!
But if you really are that scared put on your tinfoil hat and look up to the sky......

So I am supposed to get outraged over something I am not allowed to know because I'm not in the right secret club. You guys may be fighting a good fight but your marketing sucks ***.

I took this as information, not a spur to be outraged. I'm very aware of data collection, having had NSA training in the USAFSS in the early 70's. Nothing new, except it ought to be a concern to USA Inc as it is communist China gathering intel from areas all over the world, including sensitive sites throughout USA. They don't need to send their drones, we're buying and flying them for China. Perhaps the NWO condones such activities as it is to their furtherance and advantage?

Turnerm maybe you should try getting into a place that has the actual data and puts up photos to prove it.

Anyway I have a serious issue with a company who sells me a product and then has

My full name and address
My credit card number
My exact location in realtime during the weekends.
Photos or video of what I am doing.
My Facebook account login info
My YouTube login
Where I have flown.
A list of apps that are on my phone.
Access to photos on my phone.

I can't think of another company I have purchased something from that has even 50% of this info on me and this one has my Data in China!! The second biggest land of freaking hackers, what if DJI gets hacked?

Rob

Google has all of that plus some.

Should make that next Chinese take out order a breeze then EH Rob? :)

:D:D

Just imagine if DJI starts a chain of Chinese restaurants in the USA, called D-Wang-Lo. They already know where we all live and have our credit card info:eek:

Me: My Name is

Them: We nu need name, give us Mavic serial number

Me: 08QDDC--------

Them: Oh ya wanna usual?

Me: Yes plus a Wonton Soup and a spare battery pack for my Mavic

Them: Oh yu Robbyg, yu cause lots of trouble for chef Wang, we know yu well, we make a very special Cweamy:eek: Wonton Soup for you.

;):D

Rob

Last edited:
:D:D

Just imagine if DJI starts a chain of Chinese restaurants in the USA, called D-Wang-Lo. They already know where we all live and have our credit card info:eek:

Me: My Name is

Them: We nu need name, give us Mavic serial number

Me: 08QDDC--------

Them: Oh ya wanna usual?

Me: Yes plus a Wonton Soup and a spare battery pack for my Mavic

Them: Oh yu Robbyg, yu cause lots of trouble for chef Wang, we know yu well, we make a very special Creamy:eek: Wonton Soup for you.

;):D

Rob

They have nu chef.... His special soup.... Yellow Wiver... Chef I.P Dawee... :)

Reactions: Robbyg
I'm curious to see if the code is more nefarious. It would not surprise me if there is code that actively hacks and accesses your entire digital profile. I guess we will have to wait and see what gets turned up when everyone is done poking through it all. Personally I will take the first stable hacked version of the DJI software and be grateful to those who put it together. I don't even need all the new spiffy parameters, just a version of the software that is not potentially harming me or bricking my MP until I install new and improved spyware.

I'm curious to see if the code is more nefarious. It would not surprise me if there is code that actively hacks and accesses your entire digital profile. I guess we will have to wait and see what gets turned up when everyone is done poking through it all. Personally I will take the first stable hacked version of the DJI software and be grateful to those who put it together. I don't even need all the new spiffy parameters, just a version of the software that is not potentially harming me or bricking my MP until I install new and improved spyware.

Check your Conversations for a message.

Rob

Reactions: cplmac
This does not surprise me a bit! LOL!

I am sure it does not. You don't work in the circles I work in so you probably don't have much to lose.

Never use it. I am constantly in airplane mode.

Rob
And do you update your flight logs? Or is that just done when you kill airplane mode when done flying?
What does this send to China?

Last edited:
And do you update your flight logs? Or is that just done when you kill airplane mode when done flying?
What does this send to China?

Oh heck no!
The moment you make any kind of connection it starts transmitting all the stored data.

It sends a lot of stuff to China.

All your flight data
Sim Chip Tel number
Photos and possibly Video slices.
Your firmware / App info.
Apps installed on your device (according to one data monitor)
Crash and error detection info.
Activity with other online services like YouTube.
YouTube and Facebook login info if you have it setup.

That's on top of all the other info they typically have like

Full Name
Credit Card info
Your Address

Rob

Last edited:
Reactions: HKFEVER and Qaazar
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads