DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Asurion Protection Plan?

Well, considering how bad DJI CS is I wouldn't be surprised if they don't try to find any possible reason not to repair or replace your quad if you crash it. Everyone is acting like they will be any better than other company's.

That's my thought exactly. There's no guarantee you won't have to fight for coverage regardless of who you go through. Might as well go with a company that costs less and has good reviews. It's a gamble regardless, just as not having any coverage at all is a gamble.

Reactions: F6Rider
How do they know it's new and unused? Also, do we purchase this once we receive I assume?

They don't require that it be new and unused. They only require that you purchase the protection plan within 30 days of the drone purchase.

So how would they could they possibly could confirm that? Many of us made purchases a long time ago but shipping hasn't happened obviously.

Ship date on the invoice, you will have to provide a copy either at the time you purchase the policy or when and if you make a claim.

I went ahead and ordered the 2 year Assurion protection plan via Amazon. Before I did so I verified that the company is huge, has been in business a long time, and people report satisfactory claims. I called the CS number to confirm that coverage is from the actual date I get the drone, not the purchase date (which was back in Sept). I have my Mavic finally set to arrive today. With the two year coverage this seems like a good value.

Oh, one more detail, it was very easy to register via the toll-free number. (Easier than uploading a receipt which I was afraid would be misleading since it was dated Sept 28th). I again confirmed that I have two years coverage from today not Sept.

I've used this service twice for my cell phone with zero problems. I pay $9/mth through Verizon for it. Mine has a deductible though, but I received my replacement phone the next day. Can't comment on using it for anything else though since I haven't tried it.

Reactions: WolfgangStiller
How about a fly-away, anyone see any coverage for that?

Main problem with water damage around here is you'd have to go scuba diving to get it... and the water is on it's way to be too cold to even swim in... I need some kind of coverage where if I can prove it crashed into the water in an accident (like with video from the transmitter) they'd cover it..

With my Asurion plan for my Galaxy s7 edge they cover lost or stolen items but not sure how this plan works with that

With my Asurion plan for my Galaxy s7 edge they cover lost or stolen items but not sure how this plan works with that

Their Drone coverage does not cover lost or stolen (fly away) scenarios. I'm not sure that any plan does except maybe an umbrella or homeowners policy that doesn't exclude drones.

Reactions: hiwese1
Would this still work for the flymore bundle? it says 900-999 which is the actual cost of the drone itself so it should right?

Would this still work for the flymore bundle? it says 900-999 which is the actual cost of the drone itself so it should right?

Yes, I asked them that question. They said that max coverage is $999 (plus the cost of the policy), so if the Mavic is totaled, you would only get a gift card for enough to buy a standard Mavic package, not the combo. But that should be fine since the accessories would still theoretically be fine after a crash.

Oh, one more detail, it was very easy to register via the toll-free number. (Easier than uploading a receipt which I was afraid would be misleading since it was dated Sept 28th). I again confirmed that I have two years coverage from today not Sept.

Did you purchase your Mavic from Amazon?

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
skyscansurveys