DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Atlanta checking in...

Marietta/Powder Springs. Purchased my Mavic about a month ago. Prior to Mavic, built a DJI Flamewheel 550 with chinese gimbal about 4 years ago. Seems like a dinosaur compared to Mavic.

Villa Rica checking in. I work just over five miles east of the airport, though. I have not received my Mavic yet. I just have a cheap drone that has no GPS functions and doesn't require FAA registration. I'm waiting for mine to arrive from Drone World (via Amazon) by 11/16 or earlier. You can't believe how many times a day I check the Amazon site for updates.
I'm out in Douglasville if you want to get in touch. I'm a newbie though. I just got my Mavic Pro Thursday.

Hey folks,

I just bought my mavic and I am in Alpharetta - does anyone have a recommendation for where to fly it? I've primarily bought it for ariel photog. and photogrammetry, but i'd like to do some meetups as well, so i can learn from all of you :)

Reactions: DLMNA
Hey folks,

I just bought my mavic and I am in Alpharetta - does anyone have a recommendation for where to fly it? I've primarily bought it for ariel photog. and photogrammetry, but i'd like to do some meetups as well, so i can learn from all of you :)

Welcome to Mavicpiots. I fly a few times a week over at Shorty Howell Park across from Walmart Gwinnett Place Mall. If you would like some help getting it set up, or just pilot chat. come on over to the park and we can share information. Im always flying a Mavic customer repair there, or my Spark just for giggles.

Sometimes my friends Marcus or Scott will come out and fly as well. Both great guys.

Hey fellow GA pilots. New Mavic owner here, my co-worker and I live in Marietta and work in Austell. He also just bought a Mavic, we started with 3DR Solo's and have upgraded recently. We fly pretty regularly on weekends and weekdays whenever we can. Here's a shot I got of my girlfriend and I last weekend in Piedmont Park:

Reactions: TroyMeek
@Cyberpower678 and I met this morning for a few hours. He brought his Mavic and googles and I brought my Spark and a Mavic. It was fun exchanging information and ideas with him. He's a great guy.

I used his goggles while he flew his Mavic. Letting someone else use the goggles while you fly is a fantastic experience especially for someone new to drones, or for a GF or wife.

Reactions: Cyberpower678
8 am is kinda early don't you think?

Yes, but Sunday is my only day off and my wife has a honey-do list a mile long. We will probably be in at 8 and out by around 11 or so. It starts getting too hot after then for me anyway.

My number is (678) 763-4427 for anyone else interested in meeting.

Shorty Howell Park, 2750 Pleasant Hill Rd, Duluth, GA 30096

I just passed my Part 107 test. Looking for another pilot to partner with, sharing duties as visual observer and pilot. I'm located in the Powder Springs/Acworth area so would prefer someone nearby. Right now looking to build a portfolio of work to attract paying customers. This Saturday I'll attempt to shoot some kayakers near Rome, GA. Please let me know if anyone is interested in working together.

Last edited:
I work in Marietta, live in Powder Springs near Acworth. Flying after work might be a problem with the time changing this weekend but I can meet you on a Saturday or sunday.

HI... relatively new to this with the Mavic here in East Cobb / Marietta area. Are there any get-togethers that occur in the Atlanta area?

George

Hello All,

I recently purchased a Mavic pro and am new to the community, Any body from the sandy springs area or any information about meetups so that I could learn from your guys.

Thanks !
B

Hello All,

I recently purchased a Mavic pro and am new to the community, Any body from the sandy springs area or any information about meetups so that I could learn from your guys.

Thanks !
B
Hi,

I am just over the river near Johnson Ferry Road and Paper Mill... so not far from Sandy Springs. How long have you had your Mavic? I am still new but have 3 months of flying experience now :).

George

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929