DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Atlas Titan drone switch or 4 Hawks SR

Tuckyford

Reactions
Ive been looking at both and doing a ton of research on both, I look here to see if I could find other posts but nothing came up. Id like to hear everyones thoughts between both the Atlas and the 4 Hawks for the Mavic 2 Pro. Cost it would seem that the 4hawks is way cheaper but the Atlas seems more robust. What is the difference between these antennas Ive noticed that the Atlas is boosted and 4Hawks is not. Which do you think is better and why? That is what Im mainly looking to figure out I will buy one just looking for help deciding. All feed back welcomed thanks.

BIG weight difference between the two. 4hawks does help.

Mainly for signal interferiance trees and gorges here in upstate NY plus cell signal can be spotty in some places so thinking these could help a weaker signal for GPS
Just remember it’s a more focused signal and be sure to face the antenna as close to the drone position as you can... Enjoy your bird!

Reactions: Starz
Occusync 2.0 is very good already, you'd run the risk of reducing signal performance by changing the antennas

I'd probably leave it stock until the warranty runs out, as modding the RC will annul the warranty and DJI care refresh if these are relevant to your case.
Modding the RC makes it difficult to go back, so future resale could be impacted

I'd just try those parabolic reflectors first.

The switch is also 2.4ghz which is great for range but to get through trees you probably want 5.8ghz amplified for signal penetration but I'm not sure you can guarrantee if this improve things and could be a waste of money
All these amplified panels look sexy and you get seduced by the range tests but I'm pretty sure they add only small incremental value to older DJI antenna systems, believe me as I have the Titan Conquer, Atlas, Control and all the whips in both 2.4 and 5.8 models, running on the MA, MP, MPP, Spark and P4P.

In some environments when you switch on the amplifiers you can see a drop off in the signal on the DJI Go4 app, which is worrying.

Last edited:
I will buy a Titan Atlas off of anyone that has one. Give you more than a new one would cost if they were still open. Let me know guys..

I‘ll look at what I have and get back later. Looks the same.
Which aircraft are you dealing with. Mp or m2p?

I‘ll look at what I have and get back later. Looks the same.
Which aircraft are you dealing with. Mp or m2p?
Mavic 2 Pro.. But I think it would work the same. I bought a different amp and whips and It just doesn’t work as good as that Atlas did, really regretting selling it. I never dreamed Titan would stop selling stuff, they worked so good... Ive combed through eBay and everywhere.. That Atlas just some reason doesn’t exist anywhere anymore...LOL

So your controller has already been modified for external antennas ?

So your controller has already been modified for external antennas ?
Yeah, I have two different controllers, one normal stock, and one had the snap on type that titan used to sell, I actually changed them again to screw on type, but could change back... I had a connection issue possibly with the snap on ones, so changed to see if this amp and antenna I have worked better. I just think that Atlas was so much better...

Have you try the 4Hauks XR ? is a really good antenna. Also another nice solution is the Allientech Duo II that is a more clean, and practical solution.
I own both and my favorite is the Allientch for simplicity.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DoubleBarS