DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Attempted Takedown with Shotgun?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Turns out we are #11. I was kinda surprised too
View attachment 72263

Though this one will surprise most anybody.

View attachment 72265

I don’t actually want to get in on this debate but a wise man one told me “Dic mihi solum facta, domine.” (I changed the direct address to male ;))

At least we are better than Brazil, so we can rest easy¡

Reactions: brett8883
And that's NPR.... different facts throughout and different interpretation depending on desired outcome.

Last edited:
Reactions: Drgnfli
There are 40,000 gun-related deaths in the US annually. 3/4 of those are suicide. Of the remaining 10,000 per year, the vast majority are due to drug-related gang activity. If both of those are removed from the statistics, you'd find more people die falling from ladders and working with hand tools than do from gun violence (justified shootings, mass shootings, robberies, etc). Suicide is illegal. Gang banging is illegal. Thus, people in either of those categories will not care if a gun (whether obtained legally or not) is used to commit the act.

Waco, TX, which has the highest gun ownership per-capita in the entire US, also has the lowest crime rate. Areas with the most restrictive gun-control laws, conversely, have the highest gun violence levels. Nut jobs that go to kill en mass target "gun-free zones" exclusively. They may be deranged and psychotic, but they're not stupid. Personally, I'd rather my surroundings be well-armed and defended.

Turns out we are #11. I was kinda surprised too
View attachment 72263

Though this one will surprise most anybody.

View attachment 72265

I don’t actually want to get in on this debate but a wise man one told me “Dic mihi solum facta, domine.” (I changed the direct address to male ;))
Just the Facts, Mam... few that properly translates due to sentence structure differences.

You're actually surprised on Chart 2? Why, do most people in those countries own guns or have gun rights... nope!
That doesn't indicate lower deaths, just indicated most civilians don't have firearms to defend... wrongful death rate percentage much higher as in many other countries.

There are 40,000 gun-related deaths in the US annually. 3/4 of those are suicide. Of the remaining 10,000 per year, the vast majority are due to drug-related gang activity. If both of those are removed from the statistics, you'd find more people die falling from ladders and working with hand tools than do from gun violence (justified shootings, mass shootings, robberies, etc). Suicide is illegal. Gang banging is illegal. Thus, people in either of those categories will not care if using a gun (whether obtained legally or not) is used to commit the act.

Waco, TX, which has the highest gun ownership per-capita in the entire US, also has the lowest crime rate. Areas with the most restrictive gun-control laws, conversely, have the highest gun violence levels. Nut jobs that go to kill en mass target "gun-free zones" exclusively. They may be deranged and psychotic, but they're not stupid. Personally, I'd rather my surroundings be well-armed and defended.

I'm sure that if we removed enough inconvenient data points from the statistics (only the US statistics of course) then we could show that actual US gun deaths are the lowest in the world.

But seriously - where do you dredge up this stuff. Waco has the lowest crime rate? Waco, TX?

I'm sure that if we removed enough inconvenient data points from the statistics (only the US statistics of course) then we could show that actual US gun deaths are the lowest in the world.

But seriously - where do you dredge up this stuff. Waco has the lowest crime rate? Waco, TX?

My apologies, it was Plano, not Waco...

Just the Facts, Mam... few that properly translates due to sentence structure differences.

You're actually surprised on Chart 2? Why, do most people in those countries own guns or have gun rights... nope!
That doesn't indicate lower deaths, just indicated most civilians don't have firearms to defend... wrongful death rate percentage much higher as in many other countries.

I think the Romans would have said “cum rebus facta, domine” but maybe the filters are gonna pick up the first word

Tantum Facta

That was kinda a bad example

I think the Romans would have said “cum rebus facta, domine” but maybe the filters are gonna pick up the first word

Wow, brother, it may make you feel smart and important (and I'm not saying you're neither) but could you guys please at least provide a translation to your Latin phrases for the rest of us dumb/lazy people?

My apologies, it was Plano, not Waco...

You still need to follow the link I provided - changing it to Plano doesn't improve the results at all.

I have to admit that when I asked where you dredged that up I was expecting an NRA study or maybe one of the mainstream conservative think tanks. I wasn't expecting a video from truthrevolt.org. You regard that as a good, reliable source? Ex-source, I should say, since it tanked over a year ago. It's ironic that Horowitz started as a Marxist.

Here's some fake news about TruthRevolt:

Wow, brother, it may make you feel smart and important (and I'm not saying you're neither) but could you guys please at least provide a translation to your Latin phrases for the rest of us dumb/lazy people?

Sorry I started a thought and then something came up came back to it and decided on a different direction but forgot to delete my first thought, now corrected.

They all mean the same thing in English which is “Tell me just the facts, sir(or lady)” but Latin is a much more precise language than English.

While we think it’s cleaver to have sentences with several meanings the romans did not like that at all and so they thought it more cleaver to be as precise as possible in as few words as possible(think “veni, vidi, vici” =I came, I saw, I conquered.) So there are many many ways to say something in Latin for every way there is to say it in English so you can get creative with words.

Full disclosure I failed Latin in Catholic high school.

Reactions: erkme73
@brett8883 different translators handle Latin differently... hasn't translated clean, and not productive to obtain. Overall, not impressed, and happy you enjoy.

Didn't Rome die from their own demise, for such bright culture that started the essence of language and society, both the language and society essentially died.

Gun debate done, dead end... on to next sUAV subject.

Sorry I started a thought and then something came up came back to it and decided on a different direction but forgot to delete my first thought, now corrected.

They all mean the same thing in English which is “Tell me just the facts, sir(or lady)” but Latin is a much more precise language than English.

While we think it’s cleaver to have sentences with several meanings the romans did not like that at all and so they thought it more cleaver to be as precise as possible in as few words as possible(think “veni, vidi, vici” =I came, I saw, I conquered.) So there are many many ways to say something in Latin for every way there is to say it in English so you can get creative with words.

Full disclosure I failed Latin in Catholic high school.

Wasn't it "Vidi, vici, veni".

• Haha
Reactions: brett8883
Of course I'm serious. I don't know anything about the video's content creator, but please, tell me how the facts are skewed when we know places like Chicago, with the strictest gun control laws have gun deaths approaching 2 per day, and in the cities with the least gun control measures have the lowest rates. Calling the creator fake news doesn't change the jist of the idiocy of gun control logic.

Let's change gears then... What measures do you feel would reduce gun crime? I'm very much open to hearing a convincing proposal that might have a chance of working. Nothing I've heard anywhere does anything to address the problem of criminals continuing to have access to firearms - even if there was a total and complete ban of all guns. I'm not a Luddite, but I'm also not keen stripping law abiding citizens of their right to self-defense.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pocki