DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Attempted Takedown with Shotgun?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Of course I'm serious. I don't know anything about the video's content creator, but please, tell me how the facts are skewed when we know places like Chicago, with the strictest gun control laws have gun deaths approaching 2 per day, and in the cities with the least gun control measures have the lowest rates. Calling the creator fake news doesn't change the jist of the idiocy of gun control logic.

Let's change gears then... What measures do you feel would reduce gun crime? I'm very much open to hearing a convincing proposal that might have a chance of working. Nothing I've heard anywhere does anything to address the problem of criminals continuing to have access to firearms - even if there was a total and complete ban of all guns. I'm not a Luddite, but I'm also not keen stripping law abiding citizens of their right to self-defense.

It's obviously an important and fascinating subject, but it's not a debate that is going to be allowed on this forum - it just causes far too much controversy and always degenerates into the ad hominem swamp.

But to at least attempt to answer your question - it's more complicated than that. Historically-derived demographics play a huge role and Chicago, in particular, is a poor example. Yes - the City itself has gun laws although, contrary to conservative lore, they are not particularly strict, but the surrounding region has relatively lax gun laws, making it very easy to obtain weapons.

The idea of over 300 million weapons evaporating due to laws or confiscation efforts is the issue. That genie has left the bottle, and for better or worse, this country is saturated with cheap, easily-accessible weapons. There is no solution that I can imagine where large numbers of those weapons won't continue to be available to the criminal element well after compliant citizens have surrendered their weapons. And that, to me, is the crux of the problem. Until that is addressed, I simply don't want to be left defenseless when the criminal element continues to have access to firearms. That said, I hope there is a solution that both sides of the debate may someday find acceptable. Until then, I wish you a good night.

Of course I'm serious. I don't know anything about the video's content creator, but please, tell me how the facts are skewed when we know places like Chicago, with the strictest gun control laws have gun deaths approaching 2 per day, and in the cities with the least gun control measures have the lowest rates. Calling the creator fake news doesn't change the jist of the idiocy of gun control logic.

Let's change gears then... What measures do you feel would reduce gun crime? I'm very much open to hearing a convincing proposal that might have a chance of working. Nothing I've heard anywhere does anything to address the problem of criminals continuing to have access to firearms - even if there was a total and complete ban of all guns. I'm not a Luddite, but I'm also not keen stripping law abiding citizens of their right to self-defense.

It really doesn’t have anything to do with guns or no guns. It’s about poverty. Being from St. Louis which has its own fair share of violence I’ve been to South Chicago and East St. Louis and people who have never been there can’t possibly understand what’s it’s like.

White, black, brown, green, or purple when you are desperate, hopeless, and hungry you’ll do things you'd never imagine yourself capable of.

Reactions: geevee
@brett8883 different translators handle Latin differently... hasn't translated clean, and not productive to obtain. Overall, not impressed, and happy you enjoy.

Didn't Rome die from their own demise, for such bright culture that started the essence of language and society, both the language and society essentially died.

Gun debate done, dead end... on to next sUAV subject.
Well I think that’s part of what makes Latin so interesting is that it translates so horribly to English when you try to translate it literally. Latin is more the idea of what’s said then the words.

Well the Romans sure had a good run at it and no Latin didn’t die! It just mutata.

Spanish, French, and Italian maxime are direct descendentes of Latin. A lot of English vocabulary originem from Latin.;)

Like you said this disputandum is mortuus but I think it was good to have a honestum conversation and I think we all stayed in lineae.

Reactions: kilomikebravo
Of the three times I have found a damaged prop on my MP, all three times it was a chip out of the trailing edge. Each time, it looked much like your photo. I know for certain it has never been shot at. Once, I believe it was a late manifestation of a previous encounter with an end table while experimenting indoors. I think it was a hairline crack I missed. Once, I think it was due to landing in grass. The last time, I saw what happened. I was correcting a landing while OA was disabled and accidentally hit a thin tree branch instead. In each case, I believe the leading edge skidded over the obstacle, exposing the most fragile part of the prop to the damage. I do not find trailing edge - only damage to be particularly strange.

That IS an interesting observation!
Might it be that -because the blades are connected to the hub with a hinge- the blade slows down abruptly when being hit (like with hitting grass during landing), and then comes into contact with the next blade, where the thick leading edge of blade two digs into the thin trailing edge of blade one?

As predicted

**** Thread CLOSED****

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NotSure