DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Atti/ GPS switches

Costa Rica Guy

Reactions
Is there anything other than weak GPS signal that would cause this switch. I take off in GPS mode and all systems are go and 10, 12 or 16 satellites showing. Shortly after take off I get switched to Atti mode and spend the rest of the flight in it. I am staying low and close practicing and have not gotten in any trouble, but would like to know what's up

Is there anything other than weak GPS signal that would cause this switch.
Nothing but loss of a sufficient number of satellites, or faulty GPS receiver in the Mavic. From your description, it sounds like the latter. Does it do this at every location where you fly? Or just one in particular? You might want to run IMU and compass calibrations.

Reactions: Xtreme Drone Pilot
Nothing but loss of a sufficient number of satellites, or faulty GPS receiver in the Mavic. From your description, it sounds like the latter. Does it do this at every location where you fly? Or just one in particular? You might want to run IMU and compass calibrations.

A more common cause of switching to ATTI is actually bad magnetometer readings leading to a discrepancy between the heading computed by the IMU and the apparent magnetic heading. Magnetic interference near the takeoff point or uncalibrated compasses are the usual suspects.

A more common cause of switching to ATTI is actually bad magnetometer readings leading to a discrepancy between the heading computed by the IMU and the apparent magnetic heading. Magnetic interference near the takeoff point or uncalibrated compasses are the usual suspects.

I have tried numerous times to calibrate the compass and am ALWAYS getting magnetic interference notice. I have downloaded DJI Assistant and will try compass calibration with that tonight. Thanks!

I have tried numerous times to calibrate the compass and am ALWAYS getting magnetic interference notice. I have downloaded DJI Assistant and will try compass calibration with that tonight. Thanks!

A couple of questions: (1) do you have any additional accessories attached to the Mavic and (2) are you making sure that the location where you are calibrating does not have any magnetic distortion?

Also, of course, make sure that you are not wearing any ferromagnetic items when you calibrate. And compass calibration is done from the Go app - not from the DJI Assistant software.

Reactions: Zyskman78
You guys on this page are amazingly supportive of the rookies. Thanks much. No additional equipment....BUT....bigger BUT if I could...grrr...I wear a bracelet on my right wrist that has a magnet!! Duh!! OMG. Before anything else...Will take it off and see what I get.

The DJI Asst. situation was what someone suggested as a way to calibrate a compass that is not calibrating the normal way

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pocki