DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Atti mode Mavic 2 pro

[0] is T, [1] is S and [2] is P on the RC mode switch. So the parameters below represent the S switch position changed from 8 (sport mode) to 3 (ATTI mode).
View attachment 98558

This is the full list of modes available. Do not try 0.

0 = Manual Mode (GPS position and Altitude Stabilization are disabled)
3 = ATTI Mode (Altitude Stabilization)
4 = GPS mode indicated, sport mode speed for some reason
6 = Beginner
7 = PGPS Mode (Normal)
8 = Sport Mode
9 = FARM Mode (Altitude stabilization with RTH capability)
12 = Tripod
Many thanks. I shall have a crack at this later today.

Does anyone know if changing a mode, C-P-S, to Atti will void warranty on a new M2P?
I’d like to change a mode to atti, but I’m hesitant because I’ve heard of how nitpicky DJI is with any little thing that’s changed as a reason to question a claim.
If you use ATTI mode, it is most certainly recorded in the .DAT files, so if you then have a warranty crash, they would know of the change. However, the mere parameter change itself likely isn't in the .DAT file, and can even be switched back, if the aitcrsft can still be booted up. It certainly won't affect Refresh, as they do no analysis on the crashed aircraft.

I have successfully changed T mode to ATTI mode but now I’m wondering can I access tripod mode trough menu of SC in case that I need it?

I programed ATTI to T mode on SC via DJI Assistant so now I’m wondering how can I access tripod mode if I ever need that mode?

Ah - you mean you might still want tripod mode. You didn't program it into the SC - you programmed it into the aircraft firmware. That may result in any switch to T mode via the RC or the SC being interpreted as a switch to ATTI mode, but the simple answer to the question is just to power up the aircraft and test whether that happens, which is what I was asking if you had done.

Ah - you mean you might still want tripod mode. You didn't program it into the SC - you programmed it into the aircraft firmware. That may result in any switch to T mode via the RC or the SC being interpreted as a switch to ATTI mode, but the simple answer to the question is just to power up the aircraft and test whether that happens, which is what I was asking if you had done.

I think that we are not understanding ourselves. I have succeded to change the tripod mode for atti mode in my MP2 trough DJI Assistant and ATTI mode is working OK when I fly my MP2 with my SC. So ATTI mode is working when i switch to T position on SC. But now i’m wondering how can I access Tripod mode if I ever need it?

I think that we are not understanding ourselves. I have succeded to change the tripod mode for atti mode in my MP2 trough DJI Assistant and ATTI mode is working OK when I fly my MP2 with my SC. So ATTI mode is working when i switch to T position on SC. But now i’m wondering how can I access Tripod mode if I ever need it?

Understood. There is no menu access to those flight modes in the DJI GO 4 app, just the mode switch on the RC, so I doubt that there is a menu option on the SC either. I thought that you meant that you had found a menu option to do that.

Understood. There is no menu access to those flight modes in the DJI GO 4 app, just the mode switch on the RC, so I doubt that there is a menu option on the SC either. I thought that you meant that you had found a menu option to do that.

So in short, after reprogramming Tripod mode to ATTI mode, tripod mode is lost?

So in short, after reprogramming Tripod mode to ATTI mode, tripod mode is lost?

Lost in the sense that you can't use it when the T switch position is set to ATTI. It's trivial to change the parameter as needed, but obviously you can't do that during a flight.

Lost in the sense that you can't use it when the T switch position is set to ATTI. It's trivial to change the parameter as needed, but obviously you can't do that during a flight.

Yeah, it’s a shame that T physical switch is not just a shortcut to a menu tripod mode.

One problem with that would be that if you switched it via the software then the switch would then be in the wrong position.
Interestingly it already has this issue. If I am in tripod mode, for example, and I power off the aircraft and back on it always starts up in P-GPS mode and the physical switch is now in the wrong position.

Reactions: sar104
Interestingly it already has this issue. If I am in tripod mode, for example, and I power off the aircraft and back on it always starts up in P-GPS mode and the physical switch is now in the wrong position.

True - but that only happens on power up and comes with the instruction to toggle the switch.

Reactions: Camino Ken
There is a far better instructional video IMO than in post 26.

M2P ATTI hack instructional video

That really is a good video.

I have a question: in the youtube comments, he lists several other values one can change a switch to (which I've pasted just below). Does anyone know the difference between values 3 and 9? I've never heard of FARM mode before. If that mode gives full ATTI as value 3 does, why not use that one instead and also have RTH available?

Switch parameter values
0 = Manual Mode (GPS position and Altitude Stabilization are disabled)
1 = GPS - no noticed difference
2 = GPS - no noticed difference
3 = ATTI Mode (Altitude Stabilization)
4 = GPS mode indicated, sport mode speed for some reason
5 = GPS - no noticed difference
6 = Beginner
7 = PGPS Mode (Normal)
8 = Sport Mode
9 = FARM Mode (Altitude stabilization with RTH capability)
10 = GPS - no noticed difference
11 = GPS - no noticed difference
12 = Tripod mode

Chris

Reactions: pchaps and scoble08
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member