DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Aurora HDR note

akdrone

Premium Pilot
Reactions
Ignore this if you don't use Aurora HDR (but if you shoot HDR you should check it out). For those that use Aurora HDR take note of the option to implement Ghost Reduction. It is hidden on the opening screen that shows your HDR images next to the Auto Align checkbox. There is a little Wheel pull down menu and the Ghost option is there. For a long time I blew it off but at some point I realized it's quite important and now I use it by default. Here are two images showing the difference it can make, particularly if anything moves between one exposure and another. Ghost Reduction was used on the right side.
Screen Shot 2023-01-08 at 11.01.20 AM.jpg

Reducing ghosting for HDR in any software is important - I know LR's HDR merge function has a similar toggle. To be clear, you only need this if things have moved in-between frames of the HDR, like the water in your image. If everything's stationary, you shouldn't need it.

Reducing ghosting for HDR in any software is important - I know LR's HDR merge function has a similar toggle. To be clear, you only need this if things have moved in-between frames of the HDR, like the water in your image. If everything's stationary, you shouldn't need it.
Exactly so.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78