DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Australian News On Drone Danger

Depends on which news source you believe.
The ABC is anti everything down here unless it's the Labor party

It's depressing that you regard news as a matter of "belief". Are you incapable of reviewing the available news and data sources and coming to your own conclusions?

But even though, the ABC say it was a sub $1000 dron bought off the shelf and can be flown by kids...
That was an M600 and worth about $8k here...

Reactions: ssvdh66
But even though, the ABC say it was a sub $1000 dron bought off the shelf and can be flown by kids...
That was an M600 and worth about $8k here...

In the US you can pick up an S1000 for around $1000, with a similar payload. Not sure about down under.

You referred to your belief in news sources, and you clearly had not made any effort at all to look into this particular event before dismissing it. That doesn't suggest any level of critical thinking at all. It's a bit late now to be claiming impartiality.

I didn't even know that source existed until a few minutes ago and even it says "alleged".
It also says the drones may or may not have been shot down so I guess unless we were there we'll never know what really happened.

I didn't even know that source existed until a few minutes ago and even it says "alleged".
It also says the drones may or may not have been shot down so I guess unless we were there we'll never know what really happened.

Well now you know that there are at least two other news sources in the world. I guess that's an improvement.

Reactions: JDawg
I kinda agree with Phil. There are some conflicting reports about the incident. Some say it was made up.
But in reference to the drone, it says mentioned a $200 drone, and sub-$1000 drones but post a picture of one that's >$1000. Very fluid with narrative.
But terrorists will be find different ways to cause havoc. I was watching TV last night about terrorists using different methods of bombing on planes; using calculators, shoes, underwear, small amount of liquid, etc.

I kinda agree with Phil. There are some conflicting reports about the incident. Some say it was made up.
But in reference to the drone, it says mentioned a $200 drone, and sub-$1000 drones but post a picture of one that's >$1000. Very fluid with narrative.
But terrorists will be find different ways to cause havoc. I was watching TV last night about terrorists using different methods of bombing on planes; using calculators, shoes, underwear, small amount of liquid, etc.

If the biggest problem with the article is some slight inconsistencies in pricing then that's a rather contrived reason to criticize it. As for the fact that drones are not the only way to attempt this kind of thing, why is that relevant? On that basis one could dismiss every news report on terrorist events because there were other ways they could have done it. And as for accusations that the event was made up - what's the answer - not report anything until there is incontrovertible proof that it happened?

This has caused a significant diplomatic incident, with Venezuela accusing other countries, including the US, of being involved in an assassination attempt, with the added interest of a relatively new and evolving technique to conduct the operation. It would simply be negligent of serious news outlets not to report on it.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000