DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Australia's beautiful Gold Coast hinterland.

Beautifully flown video Chris. Superb footage.....
Thanks, still have the "L" plates on though, I think when you start getting too cocky you start losing drones too!

@kejoal11 pretty cool to fly up there still, we have registrations and licensing coming in Australia, but you'll be ahead of that by a fair way.

Just fly to CASA rules Flying drones or model aircraft recreationally

Download the 'Can I Fly There' app for iphone and android, gives you no fly zones, there are lots of these in the Gold Coast (loads of helicopter landing locations), but you can find spots here and there.

Watch out in city council parks, Brisbane City Council for example only allow drones in 10 or so parks in their large district . . .

And you can fly your drone (hobbyist) in QLD (Queensland) National Parks, they just ask you to avoid annoying people and animals.
Just south over the Border in NSW (New South Wales) Nat Parks, drones are pretty much banned for hobbyists, or made too hard.

I'm not sure if the DJI app MIGHT make you do a very simple 'test' to fly here, once it sees where you are . . . it's very easy based on the CASA rules.
I had it pop up when it was introduced, so it might appear for you, maybe print the rules and have them on hand to refer to in your drone bag.

Enjoy your visit.

Mavic_South_Oz
Thank you for the information. That is very helpful. I am looking forward to it. Is it true that beaches are a no no for drones in Australia?

Mavic_South_Oz
Thank you for the information. That is very helpful. I am looking forward to it. Is it true that beaches are a no no for drones in Australia?
We have a 30,000 km coastline Kejoal, so no, not true! Mainly just in some cities like elsewhere I guess.

Mavic_South_Oz

As Chris said Kejoal, there are plenty of places to fly on our coastline.
The 'Can I Fly There' app shows quite a bit of Gold Coast available, north of Palm Beach to around the Spit is ok with care of the heliports, and the helis can fly pretty low through all there so do waht the app says, land if you become aware of approaching aircraft.
Enjoy.

I just got notice today to say the 'CIFT' app is being discontinued and a new app from CASA will be introduced.
There will be an overlap, so your trip will be fine to use 'CIFT'.

Looks like the new app will allow hobbyists unlocking of some airspace closer to airports !!

Reactions: kejoal11
Just a small peek at this part of the Australian state of Queensland. All shot with M2P and polar pro ND filters. Color graded in FCPX with neat video 5 plugin. The plugin removed shadow noise but also moiring in the final shot due to excessive detail, a common problem on the Mavic Pro 1, but first time I've seen it on the M2P.

Great vid mate but don't advertise the place.
We've got enough southerners coming up here now :eek:

Reactions: christangey
As Chris said Kejoal, there are plenty of places to fly on our coastline.
The 'Can I Fly There' app shows quite a bit of Gold Coast available, north of Palm Beach to around the Spit is ok with care of the heliports, and the helis can fly pretty low through all there so do waht the app says, land if you become aware of approaching aircraft.
Enjoy.

I just got notice today to say the 'CIFT' app is being discontinued and a new app from CASA will be introduced.
There will be an overlap, so your trip will be fine to use 'CIFT'.

Looks like the new app will allow hobbyists unlocking of some airspace closer to airports !!

Rescue helis fly at 200 ft so keep a lookout around beaches.
Sorry to hijack your thread Chris.

Reactions: christangey
Great vid mate but don't advertise the place.
We've got enough southerners coming up here now :eek:
Agreed Phill, but note I'm not giving specific locations. If they start getting too close I'll change the title on Vimeo to "Go home Victorians, nothing to see here".

@kejoal11 pretty cool to fly up there still, we have registrations and licensing coming in Australia, but you'll be ahead of that by a fair way.

Just fly to CASA rules Flying drones or model aircraft recreationally

Download the 'Can I Fly There' app for iphone and android, gives you no fly zones, there are lots of these in the Gold Coast (loads of helicopter landing locations), but you can find spots here and there.

Watch out in city council parks, Brisbane City Council for example only allow drones in 10 or so parks in their large district . . .

And you can fly your drone (hobbyist) in QLD (Queensland) National Parks, they just ask you to avoid annoying people and animals.
Just south over the Border in NSW (New South Wales) Nat Parks, drones are pretty much banned for hobbyists, or made too hard.

I'm not sure if the DJI app MIGHT make you do a very simple 'test' to fly here, once it sees where you are . . . it's very easy based on the CASA rules.
I had it pop up when it was introduced, so it might appear for you, maybe print the rules and have them on hand to refer to in your drone bag.

Enjoy your visit.

Yes there are many options Kejoal, we are the same size as the Continental U.S. but 1/15th the population so we have plenty of open space!

Reactions: kejoal11
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NotSure