DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Autel Evo 2 and Mavic 2 Pro Comparison

It all depends how soon it is released. I'm getting itchy fingers to buy a new drone. I've had the mini since release and it's got me desperate for a proper drone. Maybe the Mavic 2 Pro will drop in price? Maybe DJI will release something else. Either way I hope they get things sorted as this looks to be epic.

It all depends how soon it is released. I'm getting itchy fingers to buy a new drone. I've had the mini since release and it's got me desperate for a proper drone. Maybe the Mavic 2 Pro will drop in price? Maybe DJI will release something else. Either way I hope they get things sorted as this looks to be epic.
Once the EVO 2 is released there will be plenty of Mavic 2s available... cheap!

Once the EVO 2 is released there will be plenty of Mavic 2s available... cheap!

Looking at the picture quality from the Evo2 compared to the M2Pro I'm thinking the mavic is the way to go. Sure you get a lot of extra features with the obstacle avoidance but the whole idea is picture quality. I suppose on the sample video they was using the basic evo2 with the 8k camera not the 6k/1" sensor.

Looking at the picture quality from the Evo2 compared to the M2Pro I'm thinking the mavic is the way to go. Sure you get a lot of extra features with the obstacle avoidance but the whole idea is picture quality. I suppose on the sample video they was using the basic evo2 with the 8k camera not the 6k/1" sensor.

That will be a key. Remember all the wailing about inferior 4K video on the M2P compared to the P4P, even though both had 1-inch sensors?

I think one key will be what kind of application processor this Evo 2 has, compared to M2P, whether it's capable of greater sustained throughput.

But the proof will be in the pictures and videos produced out of this thing.

From what I've seen so far I suspect I'll be keeping my M2P although if I still had a drone with a smaller 1/2.3in sensor I'd certainly be considering the Autel.

How is Autel's customer support? I have to say this has been a big downfall for me with DJI, it feels pretty clear that they don't really give 2 squats about service. Incredibly frustrating to deal with them AFTER the purchase.
This drone could certainly be the jump for me, loving what i'm seeing.
I did have the need to use DJI's product support years ago due to an issue with my original Phantom 4 while it was still in warranty. My experience was very positive, and in the end, they sent me a brand new copter which I still have/use today. Having said that, I am also aware of many frustrating experiences others have had with DJI's support, so I considered myself fortunate.

The bit of reading that I have done on the Autel Forum in the past would indicate that Autel's after purchase support is very good. There are, of course, examples of folks not being happy with their support, but there are far more reports of Autel having very good product support.

Reactions: Easygifts123
I did have the need to use DJI's product support years ago due to an issue with my original Phantom 4 while it was still in warranty. My experience was very positive, and in the end, they sent me a brand new copter which I still have/use today. Having said that, I am also aware of many frustrating experiences others have had with DJI's support, so I considered myself fortunate.

The bit of reading that I have done on the Autel Forum in the past would indicate that Autel's after purchase support is very good. There are, of course, examples of folks not being happy with their support, but there are far more reports of Autel having very good product support.

Glad you had a good experience, it has been utterly maddening for me. Agents just trying to get off the phone, making excuses to end the call, outright lies saying they will call me back, online agents having no idea of my open case, using the cheapest slowest shipping I have ever encountered. Like I honestly did not know shipping that slow existed, had I known the "free" shipping they offered was laughably slow (2+ weeks to go a few hundred miles) I would have shipped it myself. Then once I contacted them to expedite the shipping back to me, they told me it would be $155.00 to ship a CONTROLLER back. Once I told them I would like to use my DJI credit for the shipping they told me I could not use my CREDIT for shipping, are you FN kidding me?

The whole after sales experience has been an utter nightmare, I really can not fathom staying with DJI after this experience.

How is Autel's customer support? I have to say this has been a big downfall for me with DJI, it feels pretty clear that they don't really give 2 squats about service. Incredibly frustrating to deal with them AFTER the purchase.

I like their customer support they are pretty personable. What I don't like is that they won't sell you parts. For some reason they ALWAYS want you to send your drone in so they can look at it.

I crashed my XSP when it was one month out of warranty. I just wanted the parts, BUT THEY INSISTED I send it in. I am glad I did because they replaced the EMU and some other parts that didn't even have anything to do with the crash. Then they fully tested it and had it back on my doorstep in about a week and didn't charge me a dime for shipping or anything.

Last edited:
Yeah, it seems to be a pretty fair an unbasised user review, you just have to get past all his unnecessary complaining about the weather in Iceland.

I watched some of his other videos. He complains and nitpicks about everything. LOL, even the birds had him all bent out of shape in his MM video.

Truth be said. He was trying to test that drone in freezing cold weather and couldn't understand why he wasn't getting 40-minutes of flight time? The brushless motors, nothing will perform properly in that type of weather.

The only way to get an honest review of this drone is for the consumer market to test it out. I hope they fixed the antena problem they had with the first EVO. There was a lot of complaints about that.

Truth be said. He was trying to test that drone in freezing cold weather and couldn't understand why he wasn't getting 40-minutes of flight time?

In fairness I will say that his 8k video looked incredible on my 5k display.

Reactions: xspwhite
He tested the drone with the smaller sensor yet it was still pretty chunky. Heavier and looked bunkier than the M2P with a 1-inch sensor.

Also the other thing he mentioned was that the 8k files choke his MacBook Pro.

I think hardware is starting to support AV1 codec, which should outperform H.265 HEVC, in terms of file sizes and bitrates. For instance, LG announced their CX OLED TVs for 2020 would support AV1 decoding.

So the OS and mobile device vendors should eventually support AV1.

That night be something to consider if you are upgrading a drone. You don't have to use it only on 8K, should do well with 4K as well. Especially if they can support 4K60.

Last edited:
Interesting timing, I own 3 DJI drones but just last night I purchased an EVO. I elected to get the original as they are cheap ($700) with extra batteries, carry case and the typical fly more deal. No flight restrictions and crisp images. I am not totally in favor of sensors as they will cause issues in sunlight and in some cases really cripple the drone AKA spark. We will see how it works out.

Reactions: strdr
I wonder if it has any better flight control as good as the Mavic two. As is fine tuning of the yaw and gimble

I have to agree with you about DJI customer service ... I spent hours creating use-cases, sample images, etc., so they could recreate a bug; they just bounced back with requests for more details, logs, etc., which I spent more hours compiling. On receiving those they then said they had sent them on to their engineers and would get back to me with the response -- which they never did. The bug is still unfixed, two years later.

I have heard their customer service is excellent but have no first hand knowledge of it. One positive note for those living in the states is that it is based in the states.

I like their customer support they are pretty personable. What I don't like is that they won't sell you parts. For some reason they ALWAYS want you to send your drone in so they can look at it.

This is actually a sign of a good company. Their engineers probably want to see exactly what happened so they can track component failures and make design or component changes if needed. Plus, the fact that they did all of this for free is pushing me in the direction of Autel. :)

Captain Drone has an excellent opinion that opened my eyes regarding the EVO 2..Go to YouTube...

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DJIMavic3cine